Romance. Whimsical elegance. Antiques. Incredible breakfasts. The perfect location. The Hartwell House Inn B&B is just one block from the breathtaking Marginal Way cliff-walk and all of the boutique shops and landmark restaurants of Perkins Cove - Ogunquit's working lobster boat harbor. A short and scenic stroll delivers you to the vibrant activity and buzz of downtown Ogunquit -- or the trolley stops directly across the street if you favor a ride instead.
16 exquisitely appointed guest rooms spread across two houses.
Sumptuous full breakfasts. Fresh baked muffins and cookies. Afternoon tea.
We specialize in helping you celebrate your special moments in ways you'll never forget...honeymoons, anniversaries, birthdays, babymoons -- and well-deserved spontaneous romantic getaways!
- Minimum Stay Required: Peak Season
- Pet Friendly: No
- Smoking Policy: Smoke-Free
- Family Friendly: No
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Shuttle Service, Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property
Food & Wine
- Meals Offered: Breakfast
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine, Spirits
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
Rooms & Suites
The Hartwell House Inn of Ogunquit, Maine invites you to enter a world of tranquility and classic elegance. Our adult-only (21+) accommodations are comprised of 16 uniquely appointed and individually decorated guest rooms and suites which are spread across 2 houses.The Lower House at The Hartwell House Inn contains eight rooms (two Standard Rooms, two studios and four Deluxe Rooms) and is surrounded by an expansive acre of lawn and gardens, complete with a picturesque lily pond. The Lower House is where our check-in office resides and where our breakfast and afternoon tea service occur.
The Upper House at The Hartwell House Inn is nestled set back on a small hill overlooking Shore Road. Four larger Suites and four Deluxe Rooms await guests seeking all of the amenities of our celebrated Bed & Breakfast, but with accommodations offering additional privacy, away from the dining and common areas of the Main Inn.
Some rooms have decks, kitchenettes and/or separate sitting rooms…ideal for weekly vacation rentals. All of our accommodations have flat-screen televisions. All Deluxe Rooms and Suites also have complimentary brandy for tasting, if you’re inclined.
- Accommodations: Efficiency, Suites
- # Rooms: 16
- Beds: Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Full Kitchen, Hair dryers, Private Deck, Refrigerators, Telephones, Whirlpool or Jacuzzi, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards, Microwaves
- Entertainment: Cable TV
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: No
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite, 24 hr
- Inn Amenities: Shuttle Service, Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, GLBT Friendly, Wine/Spirits available
- Location Type: Coastal, Small Town/Village
Weddings & Events
Celebrate your small wedding at the Hartwell House Inn, surrounded by lush lawns, a professional and attentive staff and outstanding views. Due to our busy summer season, weddings are available only during the off-season (i.e., late September through late June), and wedding parties are required to reserve all 16 guest rooms.Wedding parties of up to 32 can be comfortably accommodate at The Hartwell House Inn, while our lush backyard gardens are perfect for weddings with a guest list of up to 50.
- Events Supported: Ceremony, Receptions, Elopement
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Outdoor