The Windemere Inn by the Sea, what a beautiful Florida place to be, is a Caribbean style Bed and Breakfast with 11 rooms off of A1A. Luxury oceanfront accommodations located east of Melbourne across the 192 Causeway on a barrier island facing the beautiful Atlantic ocean. We are located on a Barrier Island, just 6 miles from Melbourne International Airport, or 65 miles from Orlando International Airport. The Kennedy Space Center is just 37 miles to our North, and Vero Beach is 34 miles to our South. Between those two points, you will find 72 miles of Sun Drenched Beaches known as the Space Coast. Grab a beach chair, and walk to Windemere Inn’s own uncrowded beach (winning awards as one of our nations cleanest beaches year after year). If you’d like to venture a little further out, the Sebastian Inlet State Park and Recreation Area is a short drive to the South. The many Theme Parks of Orlando are only an hour and a half away.
Eleven elegant guest rooms with private baths, 4 with jetted tubs, some with private balconies overlooking the ocean await our guests. Come to relax and be pampered from our beautiful, private beach to our licensed massage therapist. Beach chairs, umbrellas and towels are provided for you and lunch can be delivered to you on the beach. Concierge services from restaurant recommendations to golf reservations are available.
We have 4 separate buildings – the Main House with 5 rooms, The CarriageSuite with 2 rooms (accommodates children and pets) , the Cottage with 4 rooms, and the cottage apartment for weekly/monthly rental – something for everyone!
Every room offers a flat screened TV, luxury amenities, hair dryer, wireless Internet access, iron and ironing board. Two pantries are provided in the Main House and the Cottage with a Keurig coffee maker for night time coffee, microwave, refrigerator stocked with waters and soda, late night snacks and Bonnie’s Chocolate Chip cookies. A full, complimentary breakfast is served every morning from 8 – 9 a.m. and early morning coffee is available at 7a.m. to walk the beach or watch the sunrise on our private, oceanfront gazebo.
Your chair awaits you on our beautiful beach!
- Inkeepers Pets: Inside
- Pet Friendly: Yes
- Smoking Policy: Outside Only
- Family Friendly: Yes
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Shuttle Service, Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property
Food & Wine
Breakfast is served daily from 8:00 - 9:00 a.m. starting with a fresh fruit course and alternating daily between sweet and savory dishes. Fresh baked goods compliment each dish and special attention is given to accommodate guests food allergies and dietary restrictions. We offer a Social Hour upon request from 4:30 - 5:30 p.m. with wine, selection of cheeses and ordourves. Bonnie's famous home made chocolate chip cookies, Coca Cola products, bottled water, snacks and a Keurig coffee maker available in our parlors. Many wonderful options for lunch and dinner are within walking distance of the Inn. Please allow us to help you with the "right" recommendation and a reservation.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast
- Breakfast: Complimentary, Available for additional charge
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Beverages, Complimentary Snacks, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea, Evening Cocktails, Complimentary Evening Hors d'oeuvres, Complimentary Warm Cookies before bed
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
Rooms & Suites
Windemere is composed of four buildings on half an acre of ocean front property with private beach access. The Main House has five guest rooms, three of which have French doors to private balconies with lovely ocean views. The Lookout room on the third floor also has a dramatic ocean view from the dormer reading nook, queen size bed and a jetted tub. The Melbourne on the second floor has a beautiful king size bed, private balcony and jetted tub. The Summer Garden is a newly refurbished room with a new king size bed.
The first floor of the Main House holds our Breakfast Room, Living Room, Office, and a shared guest Pantry with a full size refrigerator and a coffee/tea/snack service. The Carriage House is nestled between the Main House and the Cottage. This property offers the guests two bedrooms, The English Garden with 2 queen size beds and a soaking tub/shower combination and the Windsong with a queen size bed and step in shower. Each bedroom has a private entrance. These rooms accommodate children and pets.
The Cottage, across from the ocean, has 4 courtyard level rooms, 3 face the ocean and 1 faces the Koi pond.
We also have a separate Cottage available for weekly/monthly rental
- Accommodations: Cottages, Efficiency, Suites, Adjoining rooms/suites
- # Rooms: 11
- Beds: Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Hair dryers, Private Deck, Private Entrance, Refrigerators, Whirlpool or Jacuzzi, Ironing Boards, Microwaves
- Entertainment: Cable TV , DVD/Blu-Ray Players, Video Library
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite
- Inn Amenities: Pool, Shuttle Service, Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Business Center, GLBT Friendly, Limited Spa Services, Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station, Concierge Services
- Location Type: Coastal, Waterfront, Waterview, Small Town/Village
Weddings & Events
If an intimate beach side wedding is on your "wish list", Windemere might be the perfect place for you to start your married life! Our Beach side pergola is a unique setting for a small wedding ceremony, accommodating from two to fifty. . To hold your reception at Windemere we do require that all of the guest rooms be booked so that we can give you our total attention and service. We can sleep up to twenty six guests. Call for quotes and information
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 20-49
- Events Supported: Ceremony, Elopement
- Wedding Services & Amenities: Wedding Planner, Officiant, Caterer, Florist, Decorator
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
This is the perfect spot for an executive retreat, Board planning session, or reward travel deistination.
We offer a "Corporate Retreat" single occupancy, for 2 nights with 2 full breakfasts, and a 3 course lunch. We also offer specials with 2 local golf courses
- Banquet Seating: 20
- Reception Seating: 20 - 40
- Business Travel & Events Max Capacity: 20
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
- Meeting Types: Retreats