Escape to a quiet country road, where comfortable rooms and delicious meals await at this luxurious Danville, Ohio bed and breakfast. For more than 30 years, the White Oak Inn has offered warm hospitality and a chance to relax and recharge. Whether it's one of our antique-furnished inn rooms, a fireplace room in the guesthouse, or one of our luxury log-cabin cottages, we have something for every taste and budget.
Listen to the soothing sounds of nature as you swing on one of the front porch gliders or enjoy your private deck on the cottage. Wake to the smell of fresh muffins baking. Raid the cookie jar after a day of sightseeing. Tour local wineries, discover local potters and other artisans, shop for Amish quilts, cheeses,and furniture, seek out antiques and other treasures, or discover the Velvet Ice Cream museum. Outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy hiking or cycling on the Kokosing Gap trail, a round of golf or canoeing or tubing on the Kokosing River. Unwind at the end of the day in a whirlpool tub or with a massage. Snuggle by one of our fireplaces, perhaps savoring one of our romantic dinner baskets. For a fun change of pace, why not try one of our murder mystery or other special event weekends.
Select Registry member since 1989
- Minimum Stay Required: Weekends, Holidays
- Inkeepers Pets: Inside
- Pet Friendly: Limited
- Smoking Policy: Outside Only
- Family Friendly: Over 12
Food & Wine
Each morning begins with a hearty country breakfast, featuring muffins warm from the oven, a fresh fruit plate and your choice of a sweet main course or a savory one. And for those who just can't decide, there is always our half-and-half option - a smaller portion of both! Some of our favorite dishes include Decadent French Toast stuffed with Nutella and White Chocolate, Cherry Cream Bread Pudding, Spinach Tomato and Feta Strata, and the favorite of all our staff simply known as That Cheesy Potato Egg Bake Thing.
Dinner at the inn is included in many of our packages as either a full four-course meal in our dining room, or a romantic dinner basket for two delivered to your room or cottage, or enjoyed on the inn grounds. Whichever you choose, you won't go hungry. Dining room menus change daily to take advantage of the freshest of produce and our guests' preferences. Dinner baskets include a bottle of sparkling cider, loaf of crusty bread, fruit and cheese plate, salad, hot main dish such as Roast Cornish Game Hens, cookies, dessert and chocolates.
We are always happy to accommodate vegetarian, gluten free, diabetic or other special dietary needs. Advance notice is appreciated.
Although we do not have a liquor license at the inn, guests are welcome to bring spirits of their choice to enjoy with their meals.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast, Dinner
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables, Communal, Set Times
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Beverages, Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Snacks, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea, Room Service
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: Limited to overnight guests
- Pub/Tavern on Premises: No
Rooms & Suites
Rooms at the White Oak Inn are furnished with your comfort in mind. Each one has different features and amenities, and there's something to suit any taste or budget. Our traditional queen rooms on the second floor of the inn have queen beds and private bathrooms with showers. The Ash Room has an extra twin bed, perfect for two companions who want separate beds, or a group of three. The downstairs room in the inn offers a luxurious two-person whirlpool tub and a woodburning fireplace. A separate guesthouse holds three fireplace rooms, each with either a queen or a king size bed and a full bathroom. Two of the guesthouse rooms are pet-friendly for our guests who want to bring their best friends on vacation too. Our luxury log cabins boast 600 square feet of space, a separate bedroom with king size bed, two-person whirlpool tub, woodburning fireplace, stocked snack center, and a private deck. The Acorn Cottage is fully handicapped accessible.
- Accommodations: Cabins, Cottages
- # Rooms: 12
- Beds: Twin, Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Private Deck, Private Entrance, Refrigerators, Rollaway Available, Whirlpool or Jacuzzi, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards, Microwaves
- Entertainment: Cable TV , CD Players, Video Library
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite, 24 hr
- Inn Amenities: Gardens on Property, GLBT Friendly, Limited Spa Services, Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station
- Location Type: Rural
Weddings & Events
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 20-49
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Ceremony, Receptions, Rehearsal Dinner, Elopement
- Wedding Services & Amenities: Wedding Planner, Officiant, Caterer, Florist, Photographer
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
- Max Capacity Outdoor: 99
- Max Capacity Classroom: 24
- Business Travel & Events Max Capacity: 20
- Total Meeting Rooms: 1
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor
- Meeting Amenities: Onsite Catering
- Meeting Types: Business Meeting, Retreats, Social