Established in 1896, this white clapboard inn is tucked away in the scenic bayside village of Fish Creek on Wisconsin’s Door Peninsula. Antiques, fireplaces and meticulously restored and exquisitely decorated rooms, suites and cottages provide a warm and romantic atmosphere.
Several suites feature double whirlpool baths. Renowned for award-winning breakfasts, sumptuous lunches and candlelit dinners, the inn is famous for its traditional Door County fish boils, featuring locally caught Lake Michigan whitefish cooked outside over an open fire. With its back to a bluff and its face to the bay of Green Bay, Fish Creek today is a stroll around village with historic buildings housing numerous art galleries, shops and restaurants. A natural harbor filled with majestic yachts in summer separates the village from Peninsula State Park, Wisconsin’s largest and most beautiful park. Within a few minutes of the inn guests will find spectacular sunsets, theater, music festivals, antique stores and every imaginable recreational activity, from golf and fishing to wind surfing and kayaking.
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Wine/Spirits available
Food & Wine
Mealtimes are special at the White Gull. Breakfast means waking up to the aroma of freshly baked coffeecake arising from our bakery, Eggs Benedict, White Gull granola, hash broush and cherry-stuffed French toast are only a few of the selection that helped make the White Gull Inn winner of Good Morning America's Best Breakfast Challenge.
A full breakfast is included with every stay. Lunches include hearty soups, sandwiches, omelets, salads and tempting desserts from our bakery. Entrees at our quiet candlight dinners feature fresh "catch of the day" whitefish and other regional specialties. Our chefs use only the freshest of produce and other ingredients, sourced from local farmers whenever possible, and prepare each meal carefully to order. All White Gull meals are open to the public.
Door County is known around the world for its traditional whitefish boils, especially those at the White Gull Inn. Picture yourselves on our patio, watching freshly caught Lake Michigan whitefish being cooked before your eyes over an open bonfire, as our Master Boiler explains the history and recipe. Inside, when you've sampled the fish, served with melted butter, red potatoes, coleslaw, fresh baked breads and our own cherry pie a la mode for dessert, you'll understand why the White gull fish boil has become a famous Door County tradition.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables
- Breakfast Service: Continental
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
Rooms & Suites
Accommodations With Character As in many historic inns, our rooms and cottages come in all shapes and sizes, ranging from standard rooms to deluxe suites and cottages. Over the years, we've added to the original antiques and decorated rooms with coordinating prints and fabrics that maintain the warm, turn-of-the-century flavor. However, comfort is strictly up to date, with new mattresses, air-conditioning, fireplaces, modern plumbing and little touches that make your stay as comfortable as can be.
- Accommodations: Cottages, Suites
- # Rooms: 17
- Beds: Twin, Double, Queen
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Telephones, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, National Historic Registry, Wine/Spirits available
- Location Type: Coastal, Small Town/Village
- Smoking Policy: Smoke-Free
- Family Friendly: Yes