Set amidst a spectacular garden on a quiet, tree-lined street the Whistling Swan Inn exudes romance and warmth. This 1905 Queen Anne Victorian features a gracious wraparound veranda where leisurely breakfasts are served on pleasant mornings. Each room at our Northern New Jersey inn embraces you with comfort and warmth with period antiques and modern conveniences; TV/VCR, air conditioning, plus refrigerators, gas fireplaces and Jacuzzis in our suites.
Whatever the season, a myriad of activities awaits you. After a busy day of hiking, biking, shopping or antiquing relax in a hammock or share pleasant conversations with newfound friends. Enjoy fine dining at one of the area gourmet restaurants, some within walking distance. At day’s end, snuggle up with your special someone next to a crackling fire. Sink into your queen-sized feather bed and fall asleep to a movie from our DVD library.
Select Registry member since 1992
- Minimum Stay Required: Holidays, Peak Season
- Inkeepers Pets: Inside
- Pet Friendly: No
- Smoking Policy: Only in designated areas
- Family Friendly: Over 12
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Free Onsite Parking , Gardens on Property
Food & Wine
Enjoy a full country buffet breakfast, served in the dining room, or in nice weather, on the veranda. Breakfast is served from 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m., Tuesday through Friday, and 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Saturday-Monday. Earlier breakfast is available upon request. With prior notification, special diets, such as kosher, gluten-free, etc. can be accommodated.
Some particular guest favorites include my spinach-cheddar quiche, light-as-air apple pecan pancakes and baked blueberry French toast.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables, Communal
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Beverages, Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Snacks, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: No
Rooms & Suites
The Whistling Swan Inn offers a variety of lodging from standard rooms to full luxury suites. Each room has been individually decorated and furnished with antiques and reproductions to reflect opulent living with a Victorian flair. Luxuries such as pillow-top beds or featherbeds, Egyptian cotton towels and linens, fluffy robes, and quality bath amenities are found in every room. The Whistling Swan Inn has four beautiful suites that are perfect for those guests desiring more space or just the perfect atmosphere for a special occasion. In addition to all of the amenities listed above, all suites have a two-person Jacuzzi, fireplace, fluffy robes, and a mini-fridge. You don't want to miss an opportunity to stay over in one of these units...they truly are the best and the perfect alternative to conventional hotel accommodations! Our wonderful country buffet breakfast, all day complimentary beverages, snacks, and homemade cookies are included during your stay. ALL rooms have: » Queen-sized beds (King-size in Walnut Valley Suite, Stillwater Mini Suite and Waterloo Village Room, TV/VCR/DVD, wireless DSL connection, and private bath. » Rates listed do not include the 7% NJ sales tax and 5% lodging tax. » Rates also include a full, country buffet breakfast and 24-hour complimentary hospitality bar. » Complimentary computer and printer in front parlor for Internet access. » For your comfort, the Inn is centrally air conditioned.
- Accommodations: Suites
- # Rooms: 9
- Beds: Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Featherbeds, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Refrigerators, Telephones, Alarm Clocks, Laundry Service, Dry Cleaning
- Entertainment: iPod Docking Stations, Video Library
- Safes: Front Desk
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Laundry/Dry Cleaning Services, Business Center, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station
- Location Type: Suburban, Mountains, Small Town/Village
Weddings & Events
Congratulations and thank you for considering The Whistling Swan Inn as the site for your New Jersey wedding and reception. For those seeking an outstanding location for an intimate wedding for up to 60 guests (outdoor) or 30 guests (indoor), The Whistling Swan Inn is ideal. We specialize in offering elegance and style, not readily found today, that allows family and friends to gather in a relaxed atmosphere for your wedding weekend. We will help you plan a reception that will delight you and your guests. We use the finest caterers, as you will discover for yourself once you taste the food.
Let us show you how we can make your wedding a special and memorable one and why caring service, fine dining, and top quality are the attributes most often expressed by those whom we have served in the past.
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 50-99
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Ceremony, Receptions, Rehearsal Dinner, Bridal Luncheon, Elopement
- Wedding Services & Amenities: Wedding Planner, Officiant, Caterer
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
The inn is a perfect for corporate workshops and meetings. Space in the parlor, dining room, and veranda can accommodate a variety of conference-style formats for meetings of 5 to 20 people.
Full country buffet breakfast. Lunch can be catered. Restaurants within walking distance.
Corporate discounts available on guestroom rates with meeting booking.
One mile to the International Trade Center.
Convenient to Newark and Allentown Airports.
Recreational facilities nearby (golf, tennis, skiing, fitness center, etc.).
Secure on-site parking.
Prices are dependent upon specific requirements. Please contact us to plan your event.
- Business Travel & Events Max Capacity: 25
- Total Meeting Rooms: 2
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
- Meeting Amenities: Onsite Catering
- Meeting Types: Business Meeting, Retreats, Social