Welcome to West Hill House B&B, an historic 1850's home in Vermont's Mad River Valley. Come and enjoy four glorious seasons for romance, relaxation and recreation at our Warren, Vermont bed and breakfast. Enjoy comfort, hospitality and good food as well as personal concierge service to help you get the very best from your visit to the area.
West Hill House B&B is an award winning property (voted A Best in New England by BedandBreakfast . com for several recent years), located on a quiet country road nestled in a hillside forest and surrounded by its gorgeous perennial gardens. The B&B has nine unique ensuite guest rooms and is the perfect choice for a romantic get-away or a quiet, central location for a multi-day visit to check out the scenery, attractions and activities of central Vermont. Guests also love Susan's amazing 3-course served breakfasts each morning.
Just one mile from Sugarbush skiing and golf and seven miles from the famous Mad River Glen ski area, West Hill House B&B is in the midst of the Vermont countryside, yet just minutes from the shops, artisans and marvelous restaurants of the Mad River Valley, a beautiful quiet part of central Vermont that encompaases the delightful small towns of Warren, VT and Waitsfield, VT.
The B&B is a Green Hotel in the Green Mountain State, and we make every effort to minimise our environmental impact. The B&B is solar powered and in addition we provide complimentary overnight EV charging for guests.
And from our guest book…"West Hill House B&B brings the best of British and Canadian hospitality to one of the most charming US states". Come stay with us and experience this for yourself!
We are owner/innkeepers Peter and Susan, who have lived in several countries and travelled in many more, and along with B&B cats Smoky and Snowball (who just like to stay at home!), we look forward to welcoming you. See you soon!
- Member Since: 2009
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Shuttle Service, Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Laundry Facility, Wine/Spirits available
Please see our website for details on our policies.
- Minimum Stay Required: Weekends, Holidays, Peak Season
- Inkeepers Pets: Inside
- Pet Friendly: No
- Smoking Policy: Smoke-Free
- Family Friendly: Over 12
Food & Wine
Start your day with a different wonderful Breakfast each morning prepared by Susan. During ski season breakfast is served at 8:00 AM, and during the rest of the year breakfast is at 8:30 AM. We invite you to read more about the second "B" in B&B at West Hill House B&B!
We have also teamed up with one of the best restaurants in Central Vermont, both just a mile from the B&B, to offer a special inclusive price for dinner on the evening(s) of your choice when you book a stay with us.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Communal, Set Times
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Snacks, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine, Spirits
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: No
- Pub/Tavern on Premises: Limited to overnight guests
Rooms & Suites
You can choose from nine unique non-smoking guest rooms all with private en-suite bathrooms–each has a shower and a tub with either a Jacuzzi or steam-shower. The beds are either kings, twins or queens–all have memory foam making them amazingly comfortable.
Also for your comfort, all of the guest rooms in our Green Hotel have individually controllable heating from a gas fireplace or stove, and air conditioning for the summer months. Each guest room also includes extensive amenities & hi-tech, including signature robes, a hair dryer, direct dial phone with voicemail, HDTV, DVD player and fiber connected hi-speed WiFi.
- Accommodations: Apartment, Suites
- # Rooms: 9
- Beds: Twin, Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Telephones, Whirlpool or Jacuzzi, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards, Turndown Service, Laundry Facility
- Entertainment: Cable TV , DVD/Blu-Ray Players, Video Library
- Safes: Front Desk
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
The room you choose is designed with your delight, comfort & tech needs in mind, in addition to a wide range of amenities in the common areas, and a personal concierge service from the resident owners.
- Internet Services: Wired, Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite
- Inn Amenities: Shuttle Service, Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Laundry Facility, Business Center, GLBT Friendly, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, Pub/tavern on Site, Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station, Wine/Spirits available, Concierge Services
- Location Type: Rural, Mountains
Weddings & Events
Let us help you plan the celebration of your dreams at West Hill House B&B a beautiful spot for your special day. We offer packages for any size of celebration from 2 to 50 people. We invite you to our website to learn more about our wedding services.
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 20-49
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Ceremony, Receptions, Rehearsal Dinner, Bridal Luncheon, Elopement
- Wedding Services & Amenities: Officiant, Caterer, Florist, Photographer
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
West Hill House B&B gives you the opportunity to combine work and play, all seasons of the year. Our B&B could be the perfect choice for your corporate retreat, family reunion, social group or any function up to about 50 guests. We invite you to check our website to learn more about how we can help with your plans.
- Banquet Seating: 50
- Reception Seating: 50
- Max Capacity Outdoor: 50
- Max Capacity Theater: 50
- Max Capacity Classroom: 30
- Max Capacity Boardroom: 12
- Business Travel & Events Max Capacity: 50
- Total Rooms Sq Footage: 1000
- Total Meeting Rooms: 3
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
- Meeting Amenities: Onsite Catering
- Meeting Types: Business Meeting, Retreats, Social