Imagine arriving at an old European estate and settling in for a comfortable stay , surrounded by 300-acres of green space, “far from the madding crowd.” Begin your stay with a glass of wine on the pool-side terrace. Rejuvenate your mind and body with a relaxing massage. Go for a walk around Wedmore Place, stop in at the Williamsburg Winery in Virginia for a special tasting in the Reserve Cellar and relax outside with a artisanal cheese and charcuterie board overlooking the vineyard at the Gabriel Archer Tavern.
Settle yourself in one of 28 individually designed rooms and suites. All guests will enjoy a sumptuous retreat with period antiques, European bedding and luxurious linens wood burning fireplace, 10ft. ceilings and king size beds. Each room is themed in the style of a different European province from the Corinthian room inspired from the classic Greek forms of Antiquity featuring a large marble statue, Corinthian columns large white ceramic tiling on the floor, to the rustic room recalling Shakespeare's England with a four poster bed next to the eaves in the wood paneled Cotswold room.
Flat screen television and WiFi provide a link to the modern world.
Wedmore Place offers guests fine, creative cuisine with friendly service and a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere. Dine in the romantic setting of Café Provençal, where Executive Chef Ika Zaken will escort you on a culinary adventure accompanied by award-winning wines produced at The Williamsburg Winery. Lavender, honey and lamb, sun-drenched fields and the sharp smell of herbs, Café Provençal brings the flavors, sights and smells of Provence to your table. Arise to breakfast served in the Buttery with a complimentary European continental breakfast, with freshly-baked imported croissants, fresh seasonal fruit, cereals and orange juice, coffee and tea.
Rates are based on double occupancy and include continental European buffet breakfast each morning and a tour and wine tasting at the Williamsburg Winery.
Reservations are suggested for dinner at the main dining room, Cafe Provencal.
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Fitness Center, Pool, Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Wine/Spirits available
Food & Wine
Dining Information Wedmore Place offers guests fine, creative cuisine with friendly service in a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere. Guests can choose from a number of dining options: Cafe Provencal
• Complimentary European Continental breakfast buffet served from 8AM to 10AM in the main dining room called Cafe Provencal.
• Complimentary Continental breakfast can also be served in guests' room with advance notice.
• Dinner service is avaliable Tuesday through Sunday evenings at Cafe Provencal serving fine Mediterranean Cuisine from 5.30pm to 9pm. Reservations are strictly required. Gabriel Archer Tavern Full lunch menu in the Gabriel Archer Tavern at The Williamsburg Winery next door.
• Private dining can be pre-arranged in many of the various rooms as well as outdoor, weather permitting as well as in the Williamsburg Winery and the Gabriel Archer Tavern.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast, Dinner
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables
- Breakfast Service: Continental
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine, Spirits
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
Rooms & Suites
- Accommodations: Efficiency, Suites
- # Rooms: 28
- Beds: King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Featherbeds, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Telephones, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards
- Safes: In-Room, Front Desk
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wired, Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite
- Inn Amenities: Pool, Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, Fitness Center, Wine/Spirits available
- Location Type: Suburban