Towering above a quiet tree-lined street in the historic district stands this grand antebellum mansion. Built in 1854, the award-winning North Carolinian inn is a blend of history, luxury, charm and hospitality. Guest space abounds with wonderful colors, original art, French and English antiques. Our Wilmington, North Carolina bed and breakfast features four verandas, garden terrace, and cupu-ola offer hideaways. Professionally decorated guest rooms have sitting areas, telephone, cable TV, PC jacks. Hand-ironed linens dress comfortable beds. Baths have soaking tubs, showers, marble floors, luxury amenities and robes. French pressed coffee with a gourmet breakfast and evening social wine hour. 'An Inn Second to Nun.'
Select Registry member since 2001
- Minimum Stay Required: Weekends
- Pet Friendly: No
- Smoking Policy: Outside Only
- Family Friendly: Over 12
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Wine/Spirits available
Food & Wine
Gather for breakfast in our large dining room for a delicious gourmet breakfast.
Rooms & Suites
The Verandas offers eight large guestrooms. All our guestrooms are corner rooms. Five have king sized beds and three have queen sized beds. Four rooms are on the second floor and four rooms are on the third floor.
- Accommodations: Efficiency, Suites
- # Rooms: 8
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite, 24 hr
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, GLBT Friendly, National Historic Registry, Wine/Spirits available
- Location Type: City/Metro