Set in the charming seaside village of Boothbay Harbor Topside Inn is the epitome of relaxation at the top of Mckown Hill. The hill is the highest point in town and the inn's views of Boothbay Harbor are easily the most spectacular. Though you are a few minute walk from all Boothbay Harbor has to offer, once you climb the hill and step onto the property you feel like you've left the world behind and you are in a peaceful retreat far from the hustle and bustle of town. Topside Inn was originally built in the 19th-century as a sea captain's home. Today, it's one of the best Boothbay Harbor Hotels with 20 elegant guest rooms and water views at every turn. Stay in the actual home or choose a room from one of the inn's two summer guesthouses, the Windward and Leeward.
Boothbay Harbor is one of the best Maine seacoast destinations. This charming coastal village has no shortage of beautiful lighthouses, hiking trails, scenic outlooks, fresh seafood, and an array of unique shops and art galleries. Topside Inn is just steps from the town's best restaurants and shops. If you're not sure what to do while in Boothbay Harbor, the inn has a concierge available to help you pick the best activities.
Select Registry member since 2016
- Minimum Stay Required: Peak Season
- Pet Friendly: No
- Smoking Policy: Smoke-Free
- Family Friendly: No
Food & Wine
When you stay at the Topside Inn, one of the best parts of your day will be our unique breakfast. Every dish is crafted from fresh local ingredients, many of which we find each week at the Boothbay Farmer's Market. You will start with our continental spread consisting of homemade granola, yogurt, fresh fruit, homemade breads, butters, jams, and other homemade baked goodies. Other offerings may include creative deviled eggs, house-cured salmon, and mini frittatas. You will want to save room for the entree which is cooked to order. Whether a sweet or savory dish you will be delighted by Buzz and Mark's creativity and culinary skills.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast, Lunch
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables, Flexible Times
- Breakfast Service: Continental, Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Beverages, Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Snacks, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea, Complimentary Warm Cookies before bed, Picnics Available
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine, Spirits
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: No
- Pub/Tavern on Premises: No
Rooms & Suites
Relax in classic Maine seacoast style in any of our luxurious guest rooms. Many of our rooms feature sweeping views of the lawn, the peaceful Boothbay Harbor, and the dazzling sea beyond.
- Accommodations: Cottages, Suites
- # Rooms: 20
- Beds: Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Fireplaces, Full Kitchen, Hair dryers, Private Deck, Private Entrance, Refrigerators, Rollaway Available, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards, Microwaves
- Entertainment: Cable TV , iPod Docking Stations
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: No
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, GLBT Friendly, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station, Wine/Spirits available, Concierge Services
- Location Type: Coastal, Waterfront, Waterview, Small Town/Village
Weddings & Events
Intimate celebrations, 2 to 49 guests. Elopement and small wedding packages available, we help you plan all of the details from the ceremony and cocktail party to the flowers and photographer.
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 20-49
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Ceremony, Rehearsal Dinner, Bridal Luncheon, Elopement
- Wedding Services & Amenities: Wedding Planner, Officiant, Caterer, Florist, Photographer
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
- Reception Seating: Up to 20 for seated event, up to 60 for cocktail party
- Max Capacity Outdoor: 60