Inspired by the greatest movie of our time, Gone With the Wind, Tara recreated is in a real sense an embodiment of the Old South. Our Pennsylvania bed and breakfast offers you a lasting impression of Southern Hospitality and a chance to enjoy the luxuries of days gone by.
Whether a sumptuous gourmet meal, luxurious overnight accommodations or a guided tour, Tara is the ultimate in World Class Country Inns... devoted to guests who expect the exceptional and appreciate the best.
Select Registry member since 2005
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Wine/Spirits available
Food & Wine
Tara – A Country Inn houses two of the region’s finest dining establishments. Ashley’s offers the experience of a lifetime with a seven-course gourmet meal by candlelight with white glove service. More cozy and casual in atmosphere with stone walls, and hand-hewn beam ceilings, Stonewalls serves the finest in steaks, seafoods and other exceptional meals. Tara has a long-standing reputation of having the best Sunday Brunch in the region. It is perfect for a leisurely family outing or the celebration of special occasion. Easter and Mother’s Day witness an even more elaborate display of delectable food – call ahead for reservations. For a pre-dinner cocktail or after-dinner cordial, the Atlanta Lounge is the perfect place to spend time with the one you love or gather with a group of friends. The intimate setting reflects the Southern charm of Tara – inviting you to come and unwind – leaving the cares of the world far away.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast, Dinner
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine, Spirits
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: Open to the public
Rooms & Suites
Gone With The Wind are the glorious days of the Old South, an enchanting era when elegance and style were a way of life. The "golden days" may be gone forever, but the grace, grandeur and romance of the Antebellum South live on at Tara, where uncommon excellence and hospitality are still a way of life.
Tara's 27 magnificent guest rooms are the ultimate in luxury.
- Accommodations: Efficiency, Suites
- # Rooms: 27
- Beds: Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Featherbeds, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Telephones, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards
- Entertainment: Video Library
- Safes: In-Room, Front Desk
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite, 24 hr
- Inn Amenities: Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station, Wine/Spirits available
- Location Type: Waterview
- Pet Friendly: No
- Smoking Policy: Outside Only
Weddings & Events
Tara – A Country Inn is the ideal location for intimate and personalized events. Whether a wedding, rehearsal dinner or bridal shower, we will personally arrange your event to ensure wonderful memories of a lifetime.
Our mouth-watering meals are prepared by the same chefs that oversee our award-winning restaurants.
Private functions can be arranged for groups of 10 to 150.
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
Tara – A Country Inn is the ideal venue for your company overnight retreat, meeting, or party…
Impeccable Meeting Facilities
Gourmet or Casual Dining
Private Country Clubs Golf Outings
Tara – A Country Inn offers exceptional surroundings and impeccable service – key ingredients to any successful meeting or event.
The dedicated and professional staff at Tara – A Country Inn will cater to your every need
- Banquet Seating: 150
- Reception Seating: 150
- Max Capacity Outdoor: 150
- Business Travel & Events Max Capacity: 150
- Total Meeting Rooms: 5
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor
- Meeting Amenities: Onsite Catering
- Meeting Types: Business Meeting, Retreats, Social