The good life is waiting for you at the romantic Sugar Hill Inn in New Hampshire. Couples only, no children. Surround yourself with amazing views, beautiful art, stylish rooms, and the best dining in the White Mountains. The Sugar Hill Inn is the place to unwind after hiking Franconia Ridge, zipping across Breton Woods, climbing Mount Washington, or photographing New Hampshire’s numerous waterfalls and covered bridges.
Each guest room is individually decorated with a focus on comfort, romance, luxury and style. All rooms have Nespresso Espresso makers, robes, and slippers. Many rooms have gas fireplaces, mini refrigerators, and whirlpool tubs. Get refreshed with a hot stone massage, a dip in the pool or a cocktail on the front porch.
Select Registry member since 2001
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Pool, Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Wine/Spirits available
- Inkeepers Pets: Inside
- Pet Friendly: No
- Smoking Policy: Smoke-Free
- Family Friendly: No
Food & Wine
The Culinary Experience is an integral part of any stay at the Sugar Hill Inn. We use only the freshest local produce and herbs grown in our own gardens. We serve aged cheddar from Harman’s, goat cheese from Vermont and maple syrup from Sugar Hill. The day starts with a full breakfast served in our dining room while you take in the breathtaking vistas of Cannon Mountain and Mt. Lafayette.
For lunch recommendations we invite you to read our blog post on the Top Ten White Mountain Lunch Places.
At 4:00 pm it is time for a treat. Whether you are just checking in or have returned from a day of hiking, biking, skiing, shopping or antiquing join us for small bites and cocktails. Today we are featuring slow roasted tomato galettes with black olive tapenade and goat cheese.
Before dinner enjoy your favorite cocktail, beer or wine while sharing your day’s adventures with your fellow travelers.
At the Sugar Hill Inn we love wine and believe that no great meal is complete without a bottle. Our extensive wine list is carefully thought out to complement and enhance the guest experience.
The philosophy of the wine program is to combine old favorites with new experiences. We are proud to feature over 100 of the best wines that the United States produces, alongside some truly unique offerings from around the world to complement our European influenced menu. The Sugar Hill Inn has earned Wine Spectator’s 2011- 2016 Award of Excellence.
We have a European philosophy about dining. The table is yours for the evening. Take your time to enjoy the candlelight and cozy fire with the combination of great food, wine and conversation.
After dinner enjoy your coffee or brandy by the fire.
The Sugar Hill Inn has received the Distinguished Restaurants of North America (DiRoNA)’s Achievement of Distinction in Dining award for 2009 - 2015.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast, Dinner
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Beverages, Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Evening Cocktails
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine, Spirits
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: Open to the public
- Pub/Tavern on Premises: Limited to overnight guests
Rooms & Suites
Great getaways are made of romance, comfort, rejuvenation and impeccable hospitality. We know those components are on the lists of Sugar Hill Inn guests, which makes each guest’s stay important to us. After a day in the White Mountains, a night in one of the inn’s inviting guestrooms, suites or cottages is the perfect final ingredient for a great getaway. Each room features a private bath – some with double whirlpool tubs – a plush king or queen bed and mounds of soft pillows. There are fireplaces, wonderful mountain views, and even a private porch adjoining some rooms and cottages. All guest rooms, with the exception of the Oakes Room, are air-conditioned. Every room at the Inn has a history and significance all its own. Whether you choose the room where Bette Davis stayed while her home was being built, the luxurious Richardson Suite or the affordable Moses Aldrich room, each offers the grace, comfort and hospitality of a premier historic inn. Gift certificates make the perfect gift. Share it with a friend.
- Accommodations: Cottages, Suites
- # Rooms: 14
- Beds: Double, Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Bathrobes, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Refrigerators, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Business Hours
- Inn Amenities: Pool, Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station, Wine/Spirits available
- Location Type: Rural, Mountains, Small Town/Village
Weddings & Events
- Events Supported: Elopement