Rest your head and ease your careworn soul at the Settlers Inn, an authentic 1920′s Arts & Crafts Lodge in Hawley, Pennsylvania, the small downtown that serves the Lake Wallenpaupack region of Pennsylvania's Pocono Mountains. Guests experience the amenities of a Bed and Breakfast along with an award winning Farm to Table Restaurant that is the cornerstone of the inn.
Whether dining outdoors in the summer months or beside the massive fireplace in the Chestnut Tavern, one will always find a relaxing place to gather here. The twenty-three room Inn sits on six acres of land surrounded by artfully designed gardens and bordered by the Lackawaxen River and woodlands that contain a portion of the old Delaware & Hudson Canal. It is a place to call home while exploring the many outdoor adventures of the Delaware Highlands Region.
Select Registry member since 1992
- Inkeepers Pets: Inside
- Pet Friendly: Limited
- Smoking Policy: Smoke-Free
- Family Friendly: Yes
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Wine/Spirits available
Food & Wine
The Settlers Inn, a Pocono Mountains restaurant, offers a comfortable and casual atmosphere for a romantic dinner for two or gathering with friends and family. Our seasonal menus offer innovative regional Pennsylvania cuisine prepared with the freshest and healthiest local ingredients.
Executive Chef Ben Sutter believes working with local products supports our community's tradition of small farming.
In warmer seasons, our backyard terrace offers alfresco dining and an excellent view of our colorful herb gardens perched along the banks of the meandering Lackawaxen River.Gather at our chef-owned, farm-to-table restaurant for a special occasion or simply for the pure pleasure of food.
The Chestnut Tavern features a full complement of award winning wines, artisanal brews, and a fine selection of liquors.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine, Spirits
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: Open to the public
- Pub/Tavern on Premises: Open to the public
Rooms & Suites
The Settlers Inn offers 23 thoughtfully appointed guestrooms representing four room types: Traditional Inn Rooms, Deluxe Queen Rooms, Deluxe King Rooms and Rooms for Families.
Our staff can arrange for an array of specialty items and services for your arrival and throughout your stay. Some popular requests include in-room massages, champagne, wine, flowers, cheese platters, Settlers signature items such as coffee mugs, microfiber robes, fleece sweatshirts, chocolates and more. Just call and we will customize an in-room extra to meet your needs.
- Accommodations: Suites, Adjoining rooms/suites
- # Rooms: 23
- Beds: Double, Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Featherbeds, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Rollaway Available, Telephones, Whirlpool or Jacuzzi, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards
- Entertainment: Cable TV , iPod Docking Stations
- Safes: In-Room, Front Desk
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: 24 hr
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, GLBT Friendly, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station, Wine/Spirits available
- Location Type: Mountains, Small Town/Village
Weddings & Events
A Settlers Inn wedding is a cherished memory created with thoughtful attention to detail. Our professional and courteous staff will assist you with every aspect of your special day — including florists, musicians, photographers (and more).
The Inn's 25-year tradition of fresh farm-to-table cuisine and fine service will allow you to breathe easy and enjoy time with family, friends and your special someone in our Arts and Crafts-inspired gathering areas, manicured herb and flower gardens, or comfortable and eco-friendly guest rooms.
The Inn's Undercroft Room unites artistry, simplicity and nature. A fireplace beautifully set with willow tree tiles is one of many fine craftsman touches throughout the space. Windows and glass-paned doors along the outside wall allow natural light to fill the room. A stone entryway leads to our gardens for outside entertaining. Cherry woodwork, art glass and arroyo wall sconces provide a sense of warmth, serenity and comfort for your reception.
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
The Inn's Undercroft Room unites artistry, simplicity and nature to provide a comfortable backdrop to professional events including:
Other corporate occasions
Our professional staff will tailor plans to meet your budget and needs. From a simple coffee break to full dinners, from table setup to AV equipment, wireless Internet access and fax/modem hookups, the Inn is ready to help you.
- Banquet Seating: 125
- Reception Seating: 150
- Max Capacity Outdoor: 199
- Max Capacity Theater: 125
- Max Capacity Classroom: 48
- Max Capacity Boardroom: 38
- Business Travel & Events Max Capacity: 125
- Total Rooms Sq Footage: 2400
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
- Meeting Amenities: Onsite Catering
- Meeting Types: Retreats