Your basecamp for relaxation and the outdoors.
The Savage River Lodge's 18 rustic luxury cabins and 8 glamorous camping yurts provide the height of relaxation and the ultimate getaway of Maryland. Nestled in 700 acres of the Savage River State Forest, the Lodge offers unparalleled tranquility and a myriad of opportunity for fun. Our 14 miles of hiking trails provide ample opportunities to get outdoors, whether it's a short hike over the headwaters of the Savage River, or cross country skiing in the winter.
The four-seasons resort has the best restaurant in the area, serving up the chef's take gourmet American cuisine including wild game, house-made pastas, gluten free, vegetarian and vegan options. Their full bar features craft and local beers and innovative cocktails, while our award-winning wine list has over 185 varietals to choose from.
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Shuttle Service, Free Onsite Parking, Wine/Spirits available
Food & Wine
It's a unique atmosphere ─ peaceful, relaxing, inviting. Add excellent food, an award-winning wine list, and the Lodge's extraordinary hospitality and you'll be back again and again.
Our restaurant serves up the very best gourmet American cuisine in our area. Our menus change seasonally and always feature wild game entrées, housemade pastas, gluten free, vegetarian and vegan fare. Open for lunch and dinner daily and breakfast on the weekends, guests can choose to dine on our gorgeous outdoor deck, or in the cozy dining room, Our award-winning wine list includes 185 varieties from around the world with a focus on domestic wines. The bar has a wide variety of cocktail and liquor options with craft beer as well.
Reservations are required for dinner and recommended for lunch. You may inquire about reservations by calling 301-689-3200 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meals Offered: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea, Room Service
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine, Spirits
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: Open to the public
- Pub/Tavern on Premises: Open to the public
Rooms & Suites
From a unique glamping experience for the adventurous to our cozy cabins, the Savage River Lodge provides an unparalleled experience.
Our eight yurts provide an open and light-filled experience for maximum two adults along a path in the pines. At 30-feet in diameter the yurt provides the ultimate glamping experience; still a tent-like structure with canvas walls, but with a luxurious interior, they're the perfect escape for couples looking to experience a relaxing and unique experience. The sustainable yurts are usable all year round with gas-log fireplaces and radiant floor heat, and have fully plumbed bathrooms. Aside from the bathroom, the rest of the yurt is open, with a central skylight, king-sized bed, breakfast nook and sleek leather furniture. Each yurt also has a deck with rocking chairs. This is still a tent experience, albeit a luxurious one, and guests staying in yurts will have to walk a short distance to reach their yurt.
For the traditionalists, our 18 rustic luxury cabins with their sink-into furniture, gas-log fireplaces and loft bedroom are an escape from the ordinary. Each has a loft-style queen or king-sized bedroom, private bath with extra-large soaking tub, breakfast nook with gas-log fireplace, sitting area and shaded front porch. The cabins provide a cozy and romantic retreat, ideal for two people, but holding up to four adults with a queen sleeper sofa in the living area.
There are three lodging types available: Standard, Forest or Premier cabins. The differences lie in the views, bed size, some amenities, and privacy they provide. No matter where you stay ─ cabin or yurt ─ in the morning, you'll open your front door to find your own basket of fresh juice and muffins to help start your day. Each room is also equipped with coffee and tea.
Please note only some rooms offer air-conditioning and bathrobes.
- Accommodations: Cabins, Efficiency, Suites
- # Rooms: 26
- Beds: Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Bathrobes, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Private Deck, Private Entrance, Refrigerators, Rollaway Available, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards
- Safes: Front Desk
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary, Limited
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite
- Inn Amenities: Shuttle Service, Free Onsite Parking, GLBT Friendly, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, Limited Spa Services, Restaurant on Site, Pub/tavern on Site, Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station, Concierge Services, Wine/Spirits available
- Location Type: Rural, Mountains
- Minimum Stay Required: Weekends, Holidays, Peak Season
- Inkeepers Pets: Inside
- Pet Friendly: Yes
- Smoking Policy: Only in designated areas
- Family Friendly: No
Weddings & Events
Weddings at Savage River Lodge are intimate affairs. Our 18 private, luxury cabins and 8 glamorous yurts can be fully rented out, with exclusive property use. With a restaurant on site we can take care of any dining options the newlyweds are looking for. We are best suited to small weddings and elopements. Our facility can sleep 52 guests based on double occupancy. Each cabin sleeps a maximum of four adults, with a loft bedroom and pull-out sleeper sofa. Our library, large decking overlooking the forest or the great room with its stately fireplace make the perfect setting for the beginning of your new life together.
If you're getting married close-by, we can host your rehearsal or reception dinner as well. Our conference room will hold approximately 40 people and our restaurant can provide a wide variety of options.
We are more than happy to work something out on weekdays, however weekends are not always available. If you're looking for a weekend wedding, we do require completely booking our facilities.
We can take care of the details, while you enjoy one of the happiest days of your lives.
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 1-19
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Ceremony, Receptions, Rehearsal Dinner, Bridal Luncheon, Elopement
- Wedding Services & Amenities: Wedding Planner, Officiant, Caterer
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
While situated away from the hectic world, the Lodge offers a great corporate and business meeting place. Whether it’s a formal event or a relaxing retreat, our 35-person conference room, 18 cabins and 8 yurts can be rented out to accommodate up to 60 people for your next function. We can provide all of the amenities with luxury, while you take care of your business and employees. Be sure to email email@example.com or call 301-689-3200 to book your next business escape.
- Banquet Seating: 40
- Reception Seating: 40
- Business Travel & Events Max Capacity: 36
- Total Rooms Sq Footage: 1,200
- Total Meeting Rooms: 1
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor
- Meeting Amenities: Dedicated Conference Center, Onsite Catering
- Meeting Types: Business Meeting, Retreats, Social