With stunning waterfront views and a private sandy beach on the Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake Bay rests Sandaway. We invite you to stay in one of our beautifully restored suites or rooms. Guests wake up to a
- Minimum Stay Required: Weekends, Holidays
- Pet Friendly: No
- Smoking Policy: Smoke-Free
- Family Friendly: No
Food & Wine
All stays at Sandaway include a lite fare breakfast basket delivered to your door. Enjoy Maryland roasted coffee, farmers market baked goodies, locally made granola, yogurt, orange juice, and fruit in the comfort of your waterfront room or porch. Walk to nearby restaurants in Oxford for famous crab cakes and Maryland cuisine.
"Talbot County, Maryland, is packed with great places to stay, play, and eat...With so many great restaurants, there's absolutely no excuse for going home from this trip with an empty belly. Best of all, there's no shortage of things to do, from sailboat cruises to scenic bike rides." Southern Living
- Meals Offered: Breakfast
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Service: Continental
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Beverages, Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Snacks, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: No
- Pub/Tavern on Premises: No
Rooms & Suites
"I stayed in one of the inn's summer cottages, with waist-high wainscoting, a step-up king bed, a screened porch overlooking the water and a polished white clawfoot tub in which I took bubble baths as often as I could."
Los Angeles Times
"The 1875 Victorian mansion, set among mimosa and horse chestnut trees, is more secluded and its spacious rooms and suites are furnished with king- and queen-size beds. There is a sandy beach, where swimming is possible until mid-July, when the sea nettles arrive."
The New York Times
"... this is the place for a good old B&B getaway on the Eastern Shore."
Editor's Pick Concierge.com
"If you're seeking even greater solitude and room to be a porch potato..."
"You'll be equally impressed by its lovely waterfront location."
Conde' Nast Traveler
"Lots of porches, huge trees, and chaise lounges make this a comfortable retreat."
"It is a grand, Dutch colonial complex at the town's northwestern tip. Here, on two green acres with a private beach, guests can feel like latter-day Jay Gatsbys and Daisy Buchanans, sipping cocktails as the sun dips toward St. Michaels."
The Baltimore Sun
- Accommodations: Cottages, Suites
- # Rooms: 18
- Beds: Twin, Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Hair dryers, Private Deck, Private Entrance, Refrigerators, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards
- Entertainment: Cable TV
- Safes: In-Room
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Business Center, GLBT Friendly, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, Limited Spa Services, Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station
- Location Type: Rural, Coastal, Waterfront, Waterview, Small Town/Village
Business Travel & Events
Sandaway can host your business or group event at our waterfront location in Oxford, Maryland.
Sandaway offers charming waterfront lodging and private porches in a picture-perfect setting. Sandaway's location on a point with sweeping water views all around-is ideal for enjoying the sunset over the Chesapeake Bay. Stroll through our delightful town of Oxford, Maryland, an authentic Eastern Shore village, with the riches of the Chesapeake Bay playing a large part in both its history and everyday life. Close to other Eastern Shore attractions, just 6 miles from St. Michaels, 10 miles from Easton and Cambridge, and 20 miles from Tilghman Island, Sandaway is a peaceful and comfortable base from which to explore Maryland's Eastern Shore. Relax under towering trees in one of our Adirondack chairs or spend a romantic evening sitting on our sandy beach, watching the colorful sailboats return from the beautiful Chesapeake Bay to anchor in our protected harbor for the night.
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
- Meeting Amenities: Onsite Catering
- Meeting Types: Retreats