Located in Beaufort, South Carolina, this bed and breakfast is located in one of the most beautiful and historic spots in America, The Rhett House Inn consists of the Thomas Rhett House, built ca. 1820 as a summer home by one of South Carolina's wealthiest planters and statesmen; and the Cottage, which was built ca. 1864 as one of the first schools/stores for freedmen in the South. This Beaufort SC bed and breakfast contains 18 rooms, many of which feature high ceilings, English and American antiques, oriental rugs, fresh orchids, and fireplaces; and are surrounded by spacious verandas. The Cottage contains 7 additional charming and historic rooms, which feature whirlpool tubs, fireplaces, and individual decks/patios.
The Rhett House Inn is truly unique; a 200 year-old Greek Revival historic landmark decorated in a cool, classic style which has been praised in many travel guides and publications as a wonderful combination of old Southern charm and urban panache.
Situated in Beaufort's 300 year-old National Historic Landmark District, one block from the beautiful waterfront promenade and marina on the Beaufort River, the Inn and its beautiful gardens set the scene for sophisticated events and truly memorable stays. The area's breathtaking beauty and 500-year history are favorites with travelers and filmmakers alike. Beaufort was the filming site for the motion pictures “Forrest Gump", “The Big Chill”, "The Great Santini", "Forces of Nature", "The Prince of Tides", “White Squall”, and many others. 17 rooms. Our Beaufort SC bed and breakfast is listed in The National Register of Historic Places. Fodor's Choice; Frommer's Recommended; Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence. Beaufort's only AAA Four Diamond-rated establishment.
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Wine/Spirits available
- Pet Friendly: Limited
- Smoking Policy: Outside Only
- Family Friendly: Yes
Food & Wine
- Meals Offered: Breakfast
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine, Spirits
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
Rooms & Suites
Each room in The Rhett House Inn and its Cottage is unique and decorated with comfort amd style luxury in mind. All rooms feature beautiful antiques, ceiling fans, luxury linens and toiletries, robes, flat-screen TV's, DVD players, CD players, and hair dryers, and complimentary wireless internet access. Many rooms include high ceilings, fireplaces, private decks/patios, and whirlpool tubs. Newcastle Cottage is a beautiful two-suite home, perfect for 2 couples, wedding family members, corporate rental, or anyone desiring the finest in Beaufort accommodations.
- Accommodations: Cottages, Efficiency, Suites
- # Rooms: 18
- Beds: Double, Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Featherbeds, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Private Deck, Refrigerators, Telephones, Whirlpool or Jacuzzi, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards
- Entertainment: Music Library, Video Library
- Safes: In-Room, Front Desk
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite, 24 hr
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, GLBT Friendly, National Historic Registry, Wine/Spirits available
- Location Type: Coastal, Waterview, Small Town/Village
Weddings & Events
Nestled in the 300 year-old National Historic Landmark District of Beaufort, The Rhett House Inn is listed in The National Register of Historic Places, and is well known to travelers and travel professionals alike as the embodiment of a truly exotic and memorable wedding destination. The sound of old church bells and horse-drawn carriages fill the historic district, and the Inn is an enchanting location for your special day. Set against the beautiful, moss-draped backdrop of the South Carolina Lowcountry, the manicured gardens of the Rhett House Inn offer the perfect spot for your nuptials and soiree, where your guests can sip champagne on the verandas of a 200 year-old southern mansion, recalling the beauty and grace of a bygone era . . . Our experienced, on-site event coordinator is at your service to assist with planning your event to ensure that your dream day will be truly special and unique, both for you and for your guests.
"The Rhett House Inn provides the picture-perfect backdrop in which to enjoy a very special South Carolina destination wedding/honeymoon in a quaint traditional southern town."
- Bridal Guide Magazine
For more information, contact:
Joyce Finn, Event Coordinator
The Rhett House Inn
To send a form request to The Rhett House Inn for more information, click here:
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
The Rhett House Inn is the perfect venue in which to impress your clients or friends. Our meeting/event room can comfortably accommodate up to 30 people in style, and our staff and on-site event coordinator are ready to assist you in making your event a success.
- Banquet Seating: 30
- Reception Seating: 100
- Business Travel & Events Max Capacity: 30
- Total Rooms Sq Footage: 500
- Total Meeting Rooms: 1
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
- Meeting Amenities: Onsite Catering
- Meeting Types: Retreats