Welcome to Prospect Hill Plantation Inn, an award-winning, full-service Country Inn situated on an historic 1732 Southern plantation, just minutes from Jefferson's Monticello and Charlottesville, Virginia. Our historic guest accomodations include the Manor House, original 18th century dependencies and former slave quarters (dating from 1699 to 1850). Upscale amenities include romantic candlelight dining nightly (except Tuesdays), breakfast-in-bed, working fireplaces, whirlpool tubs, private balconies, nature trails, outdoor swimming pool, and "the brightest stars you've seen in a long time".
Nestled on 40 stunning acres in the midst of Virginia's burgeoning wine industry, the award-winning grounds at Prospect Hill are magnificently beautiful, with many of the original 1840’s tree plantings (including the rarest magnolia species in the U.S.) forming a 5-acre arboretum. Whether reclining under the pool's shade pavilion, reflecting by the garden gazebo, strolling the expansive grounds, or hand-feeding animals, the magic of Prospect Hill will make leaving difficult... and returning a near necessity!
We are honored to be named one of the "Top Ten Romantic Inns" in America by hospitality professionals and guest reviews at iloveinns.com
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Gardens on Property , Wine/Spirits available
- Minimum Stay Required: Peak Season
- Inkeepers Pets: Inside
- Pet Friendly: Limited
- Smoking Policy: Smoke-Free
- Family Friendly: Yes
Food & Wine
Under the culinary direction of Executive Chef Elpidio, dining at Prospect Hill is a storied tradition known throughout central Virginia. Eclectic with his ideas, creative with his ingredients, artistic in his presentations and fearless with flavor pairings, our Chef's creations will have you anticipating your next meal and longing to return... to Prospect Hill. Following a refreshing night’s sleep, you’ll awaken to a gentle tap on your door as our full gourmet breakfast is delivered right to your cottage... true breakfast in bed! Or you may elect to join us in our historic dining room, where soft music and the freshly-ground aromas of our custom-blended coffee will beckon you. Warmer months may even find you dining on our iconic Southern garden porch enjoying our hearty chef's-choice, 3-course breakfast. Romantic candlelight fine-dining is available each evening (except Tuesday) between 6 - 8 pm. With selections to please all, you'll savour our eclectic menu (prix-fixe on weekends, á la carte on weeknights). Special dietary restrictions are always accommodated.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast, Dinner
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine, Spirits
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: Open to the public
- Pub/Tavern on Premises: Limited to overnight guests
Rooms & Suites
Welcome to Prospect Hill Plantation Inn! Between the 1732 Manor House and the nine original dependencies (circa 1699 – 1850), we offer thirteen distinctively individual guest rooms and cottages. To label them unique is an understatement - by maintaining each cottage’s original function as intact as possible, our accommodations vary from elegant to rustic. All, however, are packed with character, brimming with history, and tell a purely Southern story of folklore and tradition. With private baths, working fireplaces, creaky floors, expansive views, private decks, and incomparable romantic charm... each room and cottage offers an intertwined yet individual experience.
- Accommodations: Cabins, Cottages, Efficiency, Adjoining rooms/suites
- # Rooms: 13
- Beds: Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Featherbeds, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Private Deck, Refrigerators, Rollaway Available, Whirlpool or Jacuzzi, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards
- Entertainment: iPod Docking Stations
- Safes: Front Desk
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary, Limited
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite
- Inn Amenities: Pool, Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, GLBT Friendly, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, Restaurant on Site, Pub/tavern on Site, National Historic Registry, Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station, Wine/Spirits available
- Location Type: Rural, Mountains, Ranch/Farm
Weddings & Events
Whether beginning a new life together or re-committing a marriage well-lived, our historic manor house and rolling, pastoral grounds may be the perfect setting for your Charlottesville, Virginia wedding. It is difficult to imagine a more stunning, natural, and historic setting to serve as the backdrop for the celebration of your marriage. Add fabulous food, superior service, and complete privacy... and you have all the ingredients for a magical and memorable wedding day! Weddings at Prospect Hill can be small or large (2 to 199 guests), indoors or outdoors, and can range from elegantly-simple to memorably-extravagant. The honored couple (and their immediate families and closest friends) may choose to reserve the entire inn. Significant advance notice may be required, so contact us soon to discuss your tailor-made wedding or schedule an on-site visit... and you’ll see for yourself why hundreds of couples have chosen Prospect Hill to host their wedding memories! We'll handle the wedding... you take care of the marriage!
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 100-199
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Ceremony, Receptions, Rehearsal Dinner, Bridal Luncheon, Elopement
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
Offering the perfect balance of the necessities for a successful small conference or business retreat, we encourage you to leave the voicemails, the interruptions and the sterile boardroom behind, and see just how productive your team can become when you change your scenery and try some “blue-sky thinking”. Of course, we have the essentials... complimentary WiFi, private (and elegant) meeting room (comfortably seating up to 30 people), gourmet snacks & meals, and incredibly unique lodging (if needed). On the other hand, we have distractions, too. But our distractions tend to be the chickens strolling by the window; or the eagles flying overhead; the frogs chatting throughout the evening; or the deer... unfazed by your presence; or the brightness of the stars above; or the daydreaming our 300-year old plantation encourages; or perhaps your biggest distraction will simply be... the rare and elusive silence you will experience at Prospect Hill Plantation!
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
- Meeting Amenities: Onsite Catering
- Meeting Types: Business Meeting, Retreats, Social