Deer Isle is a magical place where balsam scented forests give way to sweeping views of the Maine coast, and Pilgrim's Inn offers you the very best of Maine coastal lodging with relaxing accommodations and expertly prepared cuisine.
Of the beaten path, but worth the trip.
Start your morning with a delicious hot breakfast with offerings such as Maine blueberry pancakes, house-made pastries and granola, and fluffy omelets, before spending your day exploring the most beautiful part of the Maine coast. You'll find plenty of activities to fill your day, like hiking our scenic nature preserves, visiting Acadia National Park, exploring charming villages, shopping at art galleries and farmers markets, or enjoying some of the best kayaking and world class sailing on the Eastern seaboard. At the end of the day savor a delicious meal at the Whale's Rib Tavern, where locals and visitors enjoy the rustic ambiance of our restaurant and bar. You'll find expertly prepared meals made from the fresh bounty of the sea and our area farms.
Relax. Explore. Restore.
Built in 1793, Pilgrim's Inn is on the National Register of Historic Places. The Inn has been featured in the Boston Globe and Maine Magazine,and is an Editor's Choice in Yankee Magazine and in "A Thousand Places to See Before You Die: North America edition." We have received Certificate of Excellence awards from Trip Advisor and are a member of the Diamond Collection with Bed and Breakfast.com, and are a Select Registry inn. To learn more, please visit our website at http://www.pilgrimsinn.com/.
"My sister and I stayed at the Pilgrim's Inn when we went to Maine to celebrate a "big" birthday. It was absolutely perfect. The owners and the staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Our rooms were charming, impeccably clean and had beautiful views of the water. The food was also amazing."
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Wine/Spirits available
- Minimum Stay Required: Peak Season
- Pet Friendly: Limited
- Smoking Policy: Only in designated areas
Food & Wine
Each morning you’ll be treated to a hot breakfast such as blueberry buttermilk pancakes served with pure Maine maple syrup, or apple and cheddar omelettes with sourdough toast, local jam, and applewood smoked bacon. Our buffet features fresh fruit, house-made granola, yogurt, delicious house-made muffins or scones, hard boiled eggs, cereals, juices and Maine roasted coffee.
For dinner, The Whale's Rib Tavern at Pilgrim's Inn offers guests a rustic ambiance and a warm and inviting atmosphere. Our menu features fresh ingredients with a focus on our famous local lobsters and seafood. Our menu features the bounty from the land and sea we are fortunate to have in our section of the coast. Our intimate pub features a full selection of specialty drinks and an excellent wine and micro-beer list. We are happy to accommodate dietary restrictions with advanced notice.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast, Dinner
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine, Spirits
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: Open to the public
- Pub/Tavern on Premises: Open to the public
Rooms & Suites
Our well appointed rooms at Pilgrim's Inn feature historic colors, beautiful wood floors, fine linens, Gilchrist & Soames bath amenities, bath robes, private baths and comfortable mattresses, with some featuring our famous Deer Isle granite and exposed wood beams. Each room is unique with either king, queen or double beds, and all rooms have views of either Northwest Harbor across the road at the front of the inn, or picturesque Mill Pond which is along the property in the back of the inn.
- Accommodations: Cottages, Efficiency, Suites
- # Rooms: 15
- Beds: Double, Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Hair dryers, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards
- Entertainment: Cable TV
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: No
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, GLBT Friendly, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, Restaurant on Site, Pub/tavern on Site, National Historic Registry, Wine/Spirits available
- Location Type: Coastal, Waterview, Small Town/Village
Weddings & Events
Pilgrim’s Inn offers the perfect setting for your wedding, family reunion, or special event. Our beautiful property is tucked away by the sea, yet is easily accessible by private car or contracted transportation. The historic ambiance of our charming property will make your gathering truly memorable. Our inn rooms and cottages will provide your guests with beautiful and comfortable accommodations, and our restaurant can prepare a wide range of food from a country-style barbecue to a beautifully prepared and artfully presented buffet or plated dinner.
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 50-99
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Ceremony, Receptions, Rehearsal Dinner, Elopement
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
Pilgrim’s Inn offers the perfect setting for your wedding, family reunion, business meeting or special event. Our beautiful property is tucked away by the sea, yet is easily accessible by private car or contracted transportation. The historic ambiance of our charming property will make your gathering truly memorable. Our inn rooms and cottages will provide your guests with beautiful and comfortable accommodations, and our restaurant can prepare a wide range of food from a country-style barbecue to a beautifully prepared and artfully presented buffet or plated dinner. Please call us at 207-348-6615 to discuss your event.