Ascending the winding drive, the rest of the world falls away as the Orchard Inn of North Carolina comes into view. Situated on a 12-acre mountaintop with stunning views, this North Carolina inn, built in 1926, has long been a favorite retreat with its wraparound porches and large, inviting living room with stone fireplace. Guest quarters are furnished with period pieces and antiques. Cottages feature fireplaces, whirlpools, and private decks. Enjoy fine dining on the glassed-in dining porch overlooking the gardens, vineyard, and mountains. Guests explore nature trails, watch birds, and experience the peace and tranquility of this lovely elegant Asheville bed and breakfast.
Select Registry member since 1985
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Wine/Spirits available
Check-in: 3:00 p.m. / Check-out 11:00 a.m.
Two night minimum on most weekends (Friday and Saturday).
Two night minimum on Holidays and all of October.
Corporate Rates Available – please inquire.
Children that are 12 years of age and above are most welcome in the Inn.
Children of any age are welcome in the Laurel Cottage, and Paulownia Cottage.
Dog-friendly lodging is available, some restrictions apply (see policy below).
Rates are subject to change.
We accept VISA and MasterCard. We ask that each reservation be guaranteed by a one-night stay deposit with a credit card.
Breakfast served from 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. (unless by special advance arrangement).
At dinner, jackets are suggested but not required for men. No tank tops or shorts, please.
For the comfort of all, smoking is only permitted outdoors. Thank you for your cooperation in advance!
Dogs are welcome in our Twin Poplar Cottage only. Please call ahead for availability as pet accommodations are limited. Pets can not exceed 40 lbs. unless with special exception. Certain breeds are not welcome – please inquire. There is a $50 pet fee for a 1-3 night stay, then a $10 fee per day thereafter. Pet damage deposit is $100, refundable at check out if there is no damage. Dogs must not be left alone in the cottage unless they are crated. Dogs must not be left unattended outside and must be walked on a leash at all times. Guests traveling with dogs must provide proof of current vaccinations and flea protection.
A deposit of one night’s rate per room is required at the time of the reservation, for a one to three-night stay; for four or more nights and special packages or events, 50% of the total is required at time of the reservation.
Reservations made 14 days, or (30 days for October and Special Events and Packages) less prior to arrival will be charged in full and are non-refundable. All deposits must be made by credit card at time of reservation. All reservations are guaranteed with a credit card.
If notification of a cancellation is received at least (14) days prior to the arrival date (30 days notice for certain special packages, events and the month of October), the deposit is refundable less a $35.00 cancellation fee per room. If notification of a cancellation is received (14) days or less prior to the arrival date (30 days notice for certain special packages, events and the month of October), the full amount of the reservation will be charged and is non-refundable. Early departure falls within our cancellation policy. There are no refunds for early departure. We reserve the right to treat a partial cancellation as a cancellation for the entire stay. There is a $35 fee for changing a reservation. Cancellations must be made by phone by calling (828) 749-5471.
- Minimum Stay Required: Weekends, Holidays, Peak Season
- Inkeepers Pets: Inside
- Pet Friendly: Yes
- Smoking Policy: Outside Only
- Family Friendly: Yes, Over 12
Food & Wine
Warm hospitality is in our nature. Great food is our passion. Fresh local ingredients, many from our organic garden, combine with European inspired cuisine to create a delicious and healthful fine dining experience. The seasonal menu changes daily. Save room for our amazing Viennese desserts. Our dining room, with its stunning mountain views, is open to the public year round Thurs - Sat nights, seating from 6:00-8:30 by reservation. Complimentary hors d'oeuvres served prior to dinner. Casual elegant attire required. Jackets suggested for men. Fabulous wine and beer list.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast, Dinner
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables, Flexible Times
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Beverages, Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Snacks, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea, Evening Cocktails, Complimentary Evening Hors d'oeuvres, Picnics Available
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: Open to the public
- Pub/Tavern on Premises: Open to the public
Rooms & Suites
In addition to the nine guest rooms in the main building, there are five cottage suites complete with fireplaces, whirlpool baths, and private decks. All are comfortably furnished with period pieces and antiques, many with queen-size four-poster beds, three with King beds.
- Accommodations: Cottages, Efficiency, Suites
- # Rooms: 14
- Beds: Twin, Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Private Deck, Rollaway Available, Telephones, Whirlpool or Jacuzzi, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards
- Entertainment: DVD/Blu-Ray Players, iPod Docking Stations, Video Library
- Safes: Front Desk
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary, Limited
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite, Business Hours
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, GLBT Friendly, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, Limited Spa Services, Restaurant on Site, Pub/tavern on Site, National Historic Registry, Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station, Wine/Spirits available, Concierge Services
- Location Type: Rural, Mountains, Small Town/Village
Weddings & Events
For the ideal mountaintop wedding or wedding party, The Orchard Inn provides an elegant, intimate setting enhanced by the warm hospitality that is our signature. Picture yourself with your friends and family in our spacious living room with the mountains as your backdrop, or perhaps toasting with champagne by our grand fireplace or under the arbor on our picturesque back deck.
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 20-49
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Ceremony, Receptions, Rehearsal Dinner, Bridal Luncheon, Elopement
- Wedding Services & Amenities: Wedding Planner, Officiant, Caterer, Florist, Photographer, Decorator
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
Let us accommodate your next retreat! We welcome a variety of groups, Boards, Administrative Teams, Sessions, Vestries, Book Clubs, Section Groups, Offices, etc.
- Banquet Seating: 1-70
- Reception Seating: 1-70
- Max Capacity Outdoor: 50
- Max Capacity Classroom: 15
- Max Capacity Boardroom: 15
- Business Travel & Events Max Capacity: 15
- Total Meeting Rooms: 1
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor
- Meeting Amenities: Dedicated Conference Center, Onsite Catering
- Meeting Types: Business Meeting, Retreats, Social