Oak Hill on Love Lane Bed and Breakfast offers luxury services and amenities in the relaxed cozy comfort of a bed and breakfast. Located in the Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina, half way between The Great Smoky Mountain National Park and Downtown Asheville, the 1898 historic mountain view property has been meticulously maintained and updated to create a cozy relaxed atmosphere that combines orginal features of hand crafted workmanship with modern conveniences and comfort.
All of the beautifully decorated, spacious guest rooms and suites have ensuite updated bathrooms and lovely sitting areas. Five rooms have original fireplaces with carved wood mantles. In room amenities include luxury spa sheets, plush Turkish towels, robes, organic hand made goats milk and lavender bath products, daily room refreshing, bottled water and daily chocolates. A butler pantry in the dining room offers 24 hour access to coffee, tea, beverages, snacks, and home made sweets. Our delicious 3 course gormet breakfast includes a fruit course, an Entree, and muffins in a to-go bag to enjoy later in the day. A typical breakfast might start with a Navel Orange Creme Brullee, followed by Blueberry Gingerbread Skillet Pancakes and then Pineapple Upside Down Muffins in your to-go bag.
Numerous common spaces, both inside and out, give guests plenty of options for rest, relaxation, and magnificent mountain views. The first floor parlor is the perfect place to visit with friends and other guests or just read a book in front of the fireplace. Outdoor spaces include an expansive mountain view wrap around porch, a historic gazebo with rocking chairs, a beautiful butterly garden, and our award winning flag-stone firepit with a rock waterfall feature. Oak Hill overlooks quaint historic downtown Waynesville allowing guests the opportunity to walk or drive just a short half mile to Main Street shopping, dining, and entertainment. The town of Waynesville is rich with offerings for both casual and fine dining. Outdoor activities abound with hiking, waterfalls, fly fishing, golf, white water rafting, biking and more, all just a short drive away. The Great Smoky Mountain National Park and Pisgah National Forest are each a 30 minutes drive from the inn. You can be enjoying a drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway in just 15 minutes, or taking in all that downtown Asheville and the Biltmore Estate have to offer in just 30 minutes.
The owners/innkeepers, Tony and Darlene Blankenship, look forward to welcoming you to Oak Hill!
- Minimum Stay Required: Weekends, Holidays, Peak Season
- Pet Friendly: No
- Smoking Policy: Smoke-Free
- Family Friendly: No
- Member Since: 2017
Food & Wine
Our breakfast offering consists of a three course breakfast including a fruit course, Entrée, and muffin or sweet bread. Our Entrée alternates daily between sweet and savory. We serve breakfast at 9:00 a.m. each morning in our dining room at a large community table. In warm weather months, upon request, guests can have breakfast at a private table outside on our wrap around porch. If travel or activities don't allow time for our guests to attend our breakfast, we do offer a continental to-go breakfast. In addition to breakfast, we also provide access to a 24 hour butler pantry stocked with beverages, snacks, and homemade goodies.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Communal, Set Times
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Beverages, Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Snacks, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea, Picnics Available
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: No
- Pub/Tavern on Premises: No
Rooms & Suites
Each guest room is uniquely decorated. Five have fireplaces, all have private en-suite baths, and sitting areas. Three are suites with separate living room areas. Amenities in the guest rooms include, robes, Turkish Towels, Comphy Brand Spa Sheets, and hand made goat's milk and lavender soaps and lotions. We also provide bottled waters and chocolates each day.
- Accommodations: Suites, Adjoining rooms/suites
- # Rooms: 6
- Beds: Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards
- Entertainment: Cable TV
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Front Desk/Security: Business Hours
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, GLBT Friendly, Limited Spa Services, National Historic Registry, Concierge Services
- Location Type: Mountains, Small Town/Village
Weddings & Events
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 1-19
- Events Supported: Ceremony, Elopement
- Wedding Services & Amenities: Officiant, Florist, Photographer
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
- Max Capacity Outdoor: 10
- Business Travel & Events Max Capacity: 10
- Total Meeting Rooms: 1
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
- Meeting Types: Business Meeting, Retreats, Social