Newcastle Inn is tucked into a quiet corner of Maine's famous MidCoast and is an ideal "home base" to explore such popular destinations as Boothbay Harbor, Camden, Monhegan Island, Rockland and Freeport. Your time here will be filled with lighthouse-crowned ocean points, islands in the bay, and authentic seaside villages where things haven't changed much in a long time. At the end of a busy day, you return to the peace and tranquility of Newcastle Inn where the gardens and deck offer a wonderful view of the Damariscotta River, a perfect place to relax and plan the next day's activities.
The 14 guest rooms at Newcastle Inn are all named for Maine lighthouses. Guest rooms are located in the Inn and the adjoining Carriage House. There is one guest room, Bass Harbor Suite, just steps from the Inn, in another building. The rooms all have private bathrooms and air conditioning. Each room is unique and might include a gas stove, fireplace or a private porch. Free WiFi is available throughout the Inn including all common areas and in each guest room. The "guest pantry" is available to guests, any time day or night, and is stocked with complimentary cold beverages, coffee, tea, snacks and the bottomless cookie jar!
Newcastle Inn has one room that is “dog friendly.” Please call to inquire about bringing your dog with you when you visit Newcastle Inn.
While you're at the Inn, we encourage you to relax in the common areas which include a three season porch, living room, sitting room with a gas fireplace, or weather permitting, outside on the deck. In the evening, after a day spent exploring, you can enjoy the charms of our own little pub. A selection of wines and Maine micro-brewed beers is available.
- Minimum Stay Required: Weekends, Holidays
- Inkeepers Pets: Inside
- Pet Friendly: Limited
- Smoking Policy: Smoke-Free
- Family Friendly: Yes
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Wine/Spirits available
Food & Wine
A full breakfast is served each morning, outside on the deck (during the summer), and starts with coffee and a selection of teas and juices. The fruit course is next, followed by a tasty hot entree. The entree alternates daily between savory and sweet. Everything is made from scratch and features local products whenever possible. If you prefer, there is also a selection of cold cereals, toast (with homemade preserves) or yogurt available. Sample breakfast entrees include Cinnamon Whole Wheat Waffles with Maine Maple syrup, or other fruit topping; omelets made to order, 1811 House French Toast (the best you will ever have) and frittatas. If you prefer, there is always a selection of cereals, oatmeal and yogurt available.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables, Communal
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Beverages, Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Snacks, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: No
- Pub/Tavern on Premises: Limited to overnight guests
Rooms & Suites
All guest rooms have private bathrooms with either a tub/shower combination or shower only. Each guest room has fluffy bathrobes, a hair dryer, luxurious bath amenities from William Roam, and beds feature high-quality bed linens. Four rooms have either a gas stove or gas fireplace which are used from October through May. One room is dog friendly!
- Accommodations: Suites
- # Rooms: 14
- Beds: Twin, Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Private Deck, Private Entrance, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards
- Entertainment: Cable TV
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
Whether you are looking for that perfect location for a hike, best place to enjoy lobster or where to find that perfect antique or piece of art, we are here to help!
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, GLBT Friendly, Pub/tavern on Site, Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station, Wine/Spirits available
- Location Type: Coastal, Waterview, Small Town/Village
Weddings & Events
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 20-49
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Ceremony, Receptions, Rehearsal Dinner, Elopement
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
- Reception Seating: Maxium of 40
- Max Capacity Boardroom: 10 -12
- Total Meeting Rooms: one
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor
- Meeting Types: Business Meeting, Retreats, Social