An unforgettable Half Moon Bay bed and breakfast experience from the vibrant gardens to the breath taking California views, the Inn offers nothing less than the finest accommodations. Scattered throughout the Inn are valuable antiques and watercolors, magnificent decor and period furnishings, which creates an ambiance of soothing refinement.
Innkeeper’s Eve and Terry Baldwin are the ones to thank for the unique environment. In 1980, with the help of Eve’s background in interior and floral design and wedding coordination and Terry’s in landscape contracting, an old 1900’s cottage was converted into one of the finest Half Moon Bay Bed and Breakfast Inns on the seashore.
Half Moon Bay maintains the flavor of its farming heritages amid the sophistication of a developing resort. Within minutes of the Inn are several secluded beaches, one-of-a-kind shops, hiking and biking trails in redwood forests, wine tasting venues and amazing art galleries.
- Minimum Stay Required: Weekends
- Inkeepers Pets: Outside Only
- Pet Friendly: No
- Smoking Policy: Outside Only
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Laundry Facility, Wine/Spirits available
Food & Wine
Each morning of your stay, you have the option to enjoy your gourmet breakfast in your room, the dining room or "al fresco" in one of our beautiful garden courtyards. With the choice of fresh juices, fruit, French pastries, fresh homemade breads, delicious crepes, made to order omelets, quiche and your choice of beverages, you’re sure to find something that satisfies your palate.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Beverages, Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Snacks, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea, Complimentary Evening Hors d'oeuvres, Complimentary Warm Cookies before bed, Room Service
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: Limited to overnight guests
Rooms & Suites
Relax and rejuvenate in our tastefully decorated rooms and suites. Each room and suite has a private entrance, European antiques, and all but one, hand-painted fireplaces, and claw foot tubs. The rooms also feature Cable TV, a video library, VCR's, stereos, wireless Internet access, phones, complimentary well-stocked refrigerators and plush Japanese dressing robes.
- Accommodations: Efficiency, Suites
- # Rooms: 6
- Beds: Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Featherbeds, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Private Deck, Private Entrance, Refrigerators, Telephones, Whirlpool or Jacuzzi, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards, Turndown Service, Laundry Facility, Dry Cleaning
- Entertainment: Cable TV , CD Players, DVD/Blu-Ray Players, Video Library
- Safes: In-Room, Front Desk
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
Relax in distinctively decorated rooms and suites, each with private baths, private entrance, European antiques, and garden views. All rooms have hand-painted fireplaces and a claw foot or whirlpool tub (except the Baroque Rose Room that has a glass walk in shower). Rooms also feature ceiling fans, decadently soft sheets, luxurious linens, Egyptian cotton towels, soft spa robes and slippers, HDTV, extensive DVD library, free Wi-Fi, toiletries, coffee maker, hair dryer iron and ironing board and refrigerator stocked with complementary beverages.
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Laundry Facility, Laundry/Dry Cleaning Services, GLBT Friendly, Wine/Spirits available, Concierge Services
- Location Type: Coastal, Small Town/Village
Weddings & Events
Since 1982 we have specialized in English Country Garden Weddings and Receptions for 20 to 150 guests. We also offer exquisite honeymoon suites and California weddings for gay couples. Through the expert guidance of the Mill Rose Inn Wedding Coordinator your fantasy Wedding will become a reality. With our assistance, the Bridal Couple can relax and be assured that their special day will be perfect and will be remembered by all.
The Mill Rose Inn offers a full service program for the bride with an emphasis on helping her personalize her wedding. Our expertise and resources ensure that every detail is perfect. We will help plan everything from the start to finish whether you work with our preferred list of vendors or provide your own. Let our Wedding Coordinator, Eve Baldwin, take the worry out of planning the most important event in your life from start to finish. We invite you to tour our Inn, which has been voted the "Most Romantic Inn in Northern California ." Please schedule an appointment with Eve, for a tour of the Inn or a consultation after work or on weekends.
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 100-199
- Events Supported: Ceremony, Receptions, Rehearsal Dinner, Elopement
- Wedding Services & Amenities: Wedding Planner
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
A comfortable stress-free environment, good communication and unobtrusive service make for productive meetings at the Mill Rose Inn. Our conference facilities couldn’t be farther from the office in tranquility yet we’re only 30 minutes from San Francisco and its airport, Palo Alto and the heart of Silicon Valley. That’s why for more than 20 years we have successfully provided overnight and meeting accommodations for such groups as Oracle, Genetech, Silicon Graphics, Sun Microsystems, PacBell, Levi Strauss and Stanford University Medical Center.
When the day’s work is done, walk to one of a dozen great restaurants or browse boutiques and galleries just up the street in the historic Old Town. There are two championship golf courses overlooking the ocean nearby, hiking and biking trails along the coast or in a redwood forest and, of course, the comfort of our spa and garden nooks.
Our conference coordinator will be happy to help plan your event at the Mill Rose Inn and to make dinner reservations or lay on a barbecue, arrange bus or limousine charters -- in short, leave you free to get on with business, confident that your meeting will be a success.
- Banquet Seating: 135
- Reception Seating: 135
- Max Capacity Outdoor: 135
- Max Capacity Classroom: 35
- Max Capacity Boardroom: 16
- Business Travel & Events Max Capacity: 35
- Total Rooms Sq Footage: 1000
- Total Meeting Rooms: 3
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
- Meeting Types: Business Meeting, Retreats, Social