In 1909, Ione and Harry Byron had a magnificent dream, to build a home that brought comfort and entertainment to those who entered. The mahogany-paneled dining room and the sun-filled enclosed porch invite our guests to a culinary experience that will not be soon forgotten.
The double-curving staircases lead you to our luxuriously appointed guest rooms. Draw yourself a nice warm bath in one of our antique soaking tubs, dry off with the softest of towels, slip on a fine robe, and drift away to sleep on your feather-bed. Awake in the morning to the smell of fresh baked morning goods, and have a breakfast served to you. If the season permits, stroll through the flower and herb gardens that appoint the
Select Registry member since 1998
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Wine/Spirits available
One night's deposit at reservation.
Cancel up to 7 days prior to arrival - $30 cancel fee
No cancellation less than 7 days prior to arrival
Cannot accommodate children under 7 years of age
- Pet Friendly: No
- Smoking Policy: Outside Only
- Family Friendly: Over 6
Food & Wine
Byron's Dining Room is a top rated Hagerstown area restaurant at the Mercersburg Inn.
Lauded by guests and critics alike, Byron's Dining Room offers delectable evening meals prepared by Executive Chef Dan Nowalk.
Chef Nowalk brings 20 years of culinary expertise to our Mercersburg restaurant. His career has offered him a wide range of experience, working with some of the top chefs on the east coast.
A rigorous "hands-on" classical education and training under a prominent French Chef in Lansing, N.Y., along with extensive and varied "real world" experience, combined with ongoing study and research in the latest culinary trends, has provided Chef Nowalk with the skills and ability to make Byron's Dining Room the finest dining in the Southern Pennsylvania/Northern Maryland area.
Visit us in Mercersburg, Thursday through Sunday, and savor a memorable meal in front of the fire in our beautiful, wood-paneled dining room.
Our menu will be changing every two months.
We are proud to announce that we have been selected as a
charter member of the State of Pennsylvania Culinary Society.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast, Dinner
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine, Spirits
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: Open to the public
Rooms & Suites
Each of the 17 rooms in our Pennsylvania inn features a plush feather bed with 360-thread-count, Egyptian-cotton linens and mounds of soft pillows. Even with our delectable breakfasts to look forward to, you'll have a hard time getting out of our divine beds in the morning!
- Accommodations: Suites
- # Rooms: 17
- Beds: Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Featherbeds, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Private Deck, Rollaway Available, Telephones, Whirlpool or Jacuzzi, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
• Private Baths
• Luxury Linens
• Cozy robes
• Feather beds
• Down comforter and pillows
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite, 24 hr
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, GLBT Friendly, Restaurant on Site, Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station, Wine/Spirits available
- Location Type: Suburban, Rural, Mountains, Small Town/Village
Weddings & Events
Plan your Pennsylvania wedding in our private mansion at The Mercersburg Inn. Upon arrival, your guests will be received by our experienced, professional staff. Cocktails at the Tile Room Bar, butlered hors d'oeuvres served by our white-gloved servers, dinner prepared by Chef Nowalk of our fine dining restaurant, Byron's Dining Room, then dancing to the music of your choice in the Great Room.
After the wedding reception, retire to your elegantly appointed room, dressed with featherbeds, down comforters, and a fireplace. Awaken the next morning to the aromas wafting from the breakfast kitchen. If you choose, the Inn is a beautiful setting for a wedding. Whether it is a cozy, romantic ceremony in front of the fireplace in our Great Room or an airy, flower-filled spring wedding on our beautifully landscaped lawns, the possibilities are endless. Whatever you chose, it will be unforgettable.
We can accommodate up to 120 guests inside of the Inn. All of our rooms are air-conditioned. For larger groups, up to 175 during the summer months, cocktails can be served in the Tile Room and our open-air porch, and dinner enjoyed in a wedding tent with the majestic front of the Inn as the backdrop. Then, it is back to the Inn for dancing in the Great Room. You can cut your wedding cake in our Grand Lobby, and we will offer cake service in our formal and porch dining rooms. For weddings larger than 30 guests, in order to create the intimacy and privacy of your special day, we suggest that your guests reserve all of our guest rooms. A wedding with family and friends staying overnight at the Inn affords a time to relax and reminisce. It also lends itself to the blending of the families into a new one brought together by your vows.
For more information and to make an appointment to tour the Inn, please call us at 717-328-5231.
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 50-99
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Ceremony, Receptions, Rehearsal Dinner, Bridal Luncheon, Elopement
- Wedding Services & Amenities: Officiant, Caterer
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
From a small dinner party to a grand reception, from a Pennsylvania Retreat for executives to a regional seminar, The Mercersburg Inn’s meeting facilities are available for any special occasion or business event.
Conference Center areas can accommodate up to 130 guests for a sit-down meal or reception.
Reception/Meeting Rooms start at $195 for a full day and at $125 for a half day. Actual fees depend on the particular room rented and the setup required (discounts given for nonprofit organizations). Please call us 717-328-5231 to talk about your needs.
For larger groups, Friday and Saturday events require the rental of the entire inn (including all 17 guest rooms, plus common areas).
- Banquet Seating: 90
- Reception Seating: 90
- Max Capacity Outdoor: 100
- Max Capacity Theater: 48
- Max Capacity Classroom: 36
- Max Capacity Boardroom: 22
- Business Travel & Events Max Capacity: 48
- Total Rooms Sq Footage: 1300
- Total Meeting Rooms: 3
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor
- Meeting Amenities: Onsite Catering
- Meeting Types: Business Meeting, Retreats, Social