MCCAFFREY HOUSE BED AND BREAKFAST INN is a delightfully warm and enchanting mountain lodge nestled in the quiet forest hollow of the High Sierras - near Yosemite National Park and the town of Sonora. McCaffrey House is pure elegance in a wilderness setting ... or a luxury treehouse, some have called it.
The Twain Harte/Sonora bed and breakfast inn of California was lovingly built by Michael and Stephanie McCaffrey. The gathering areas of this California bed and breakfast are spacious and beautifully decorated with a fascinating collection of furniture and art acquired during their extensive travels. The Sierra Mountain inn provides a beautiful setting for small weddings.
Guestrooms in this Gold Country bed and breakfast are warmly romantic and feature a deliciously comfortable bed, fire stoves, private bath, TV/VCR, CD players, high-speed wireless internet, and includes pet friendly rooms ... all rooms have exquisite views of the forest that envelops the Sierra Mountain Inn.
The day begins with the aroma of fresh brewed coffee. Relax in the beautifully decorated dining room for a full country breakfast, prepared by Stephanie McCaffrey. Enjoy fresh fruits and juices, a hot entrée – like Epicurean Ecstasy – fresh baked breads and granola. In summer, breakfast is served on the decks which surround the Inn.
Enjoy the romance of this High Sierra mountain lodge, the pleasure of a family vacation, take over the Gold Country Inn for a reunion or business meeting, schedule a wedding or winemaker dinner … take in the views of the pristine forest, diverse birds and wildlife, rays of sunshine or snowflakes in flight.
- Minimum Stay Required: Weekends, Holidays
- Inkeepers Pets: Inside
- Pet Friendly: Yes
- Smoking Policy: Outside Only
- Family Friendly: Yes
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Wine/Spirits available
Food & Wine
"The Breakfast Experience" - The day begins with the aroma of fresh brewed coffee. Relax in the beautifully decorated dining room for a full country breakfast, prepared by Stephanie, a master of the culinary arts. Enjoy fresh fruits and juices, a hot breakfast entree with breakfast meats, potatoes and breads or muffins. In summer, breakfast is served on the decks which surround the inn. Breakfast is served about 9 each morning. During the winter months if guests are going skiing, breakfast if offered at 7:30. McCaffrey House is always happy to accommodate guests needs if breakfast is wanted at a special time. There is always coffee, tea and hot chocolate available with tasty sweets. From 5:00 to 6:00 each evening, wine with cheese and crackers is served.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables, Communal, Set Times
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Beverages, Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea, Evening Cocktails, Complimentary Evening Hors d'oeuvres, Picnics Available
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: No
Rooms & Suites
McCaffrey House has spacious bed and breakfast rooms with comfy beds, fire stoves, flat screen TV, private bathrooms with tub and showers and beautiful forest views. Three of the upstairs rooms have private balconettes, while three of the downstairs rooms have private patios.
- Accommodations: Apartment, Suites
- # Rooms: 8
- Beds: Twin, Double, Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Bathrobes, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Private Deck, Telephones, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards, Turndown Service
- Entertainment: Cable TV , DVD/Blu-Ray Players, iPod Docking Stations, Music Library, Video Library
- Safes: In-Room, Front Desk
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite, 24 hr
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Business Center, GLBT Friendly, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, Limited Spa Services, Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station, Wine/Spirits available, Concierge Services
- Location Type: Mountains
Weddings & Events
We specialize in elopements and small weddings … from 2 to 30 people. Our outdoor setting is ideal for garden weddings. Our elevated deck is perfect for those who what to be surrounded by majestic cedars and pines. We also stage weddings in our living room – with grand piano and casual seating for your guests. Contact Stephanie McCaffrey to arrange your ceremony.
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 20-49
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Ceremony, Receptions, Rehearsal Dinner, Bridal Luncheon, Elopement
- Wedding Services & Amenities: Wedding Planner, Officiant, Caterer, Florist, Photographer, Decorator
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
- Banquet Seating: 20-36
- Reception Seating: 20-40
- Max Capacity Outdoor: 20-40
- Max Capacity Boardroom: 12
- Business Travel & Events Max Capacity: 8 rooms, 16 people
- Total Meeting Rooms: 1
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
- Meeting Amenities: Onsite Catering
- Meeting Types: Business Meeting, Retreats, Social