"So Much More... The world renowned Mast Farm Inn of Valle Crucis is nothing short of a handcrafted masterpiece of North Carolina Folk Art"
The Mast Farm Inn is an award-winning historic country inn in the Valle Crucis Historical District of North Carolina, which has been welcoming guests since the 1800s. The Mast Farm Inn is a Historic Hotels of America boutique hotel, a Select Registry Inn, and is on The National Register of Historic Places. The Inn is located in The Blue Ridge National Heritage Area, in the heart of the Valle Crucis Historical District of the Western North Carolina Mountains. With historic farmhouse rooms, private cottages, and cabins, — and, of course, award-winning breakfasts. With its history, inspired restoration and continuing care, our Valle Crucis boutique hotel & country Inn welcomes guests, as it did over 100 years ago. Make Your Own History at The Mast Farm Inn.
The majestic scenic beauty of Valle Crucis continuously mesmerizes residents and draws visitors from throughout the world. A two to six-hour drive from most major metropolitan areas in the southeastern United States. The major airports servicing this area, Charlotte, Greensboro and Asheville, NC, are a 2-hour drive. Close yet so far; because in Valle Crucis, you take a step back in time. As Charles Kuralt said "It truly is a very special place."
Select Registry member since 1988
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Laundry Facility, Wine/Spirits available
Food & Wine
Breakfast at The Mast Farm Inn • Guests enjoy a hearty two-course country gourmet breakfast each morning. We will have a private table set for you and the number of persons in your party. Breakfast is different every day of the week.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Beverages, Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Snacks, Picnics Available, Room Service
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine, Spirits
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: No
- Pub/Tavern on Premises: Limited to overnight guests
Rooms & Suites
The Seven Historic Farmhouse Rooms
While all rooms provide the requisite levels of privacy, The third floor rooms, Cousin Sarah, The Cherry Room & Aunt Leona, tend to be more removed from the daily life of the inn and even more private. There is a small parlor shared by the 3 rooms on the the 3rd floor. The second floor rooms, Nell’s Room, Elizabeth Gray Vining, Joe Mast, and Miss Allie, are closer to the restaurant, parlor and inn lobby, and as such closer to the daily life at the Inn.
The Four Historic Cottages & Cabins
The Loom House, The Blacksmith Shop, The Woodwork Shop, The Granary along with the main farm house & the barn are the oldest historical buildings of The Mast Farm Inn and are located in the central area of the 11 acre estate. The Loom House, the original Mast settlement cabin, is distinguished as the oldest inhabitable log cabin in North Carolina. These cottages and cabins are all a few feet from the main farmhouse which also houses our restaurant Simplicity at The Mast Farm Inn. They are closer to Broadstone Road, a relatively quiet narrow two-lane country lane, with a 25 mph speed limit, except in high season where traffic can conceivably be an issue for guests who require more seclusion, who like to sleep very early or wake very late. All the authentic historical structures were renovated to provide modern amenities inside while retaining outside their authentic farm yard character. Although some preceded the main house by many decades, they are now in some respects outbuildings of the main farm house, located in its yard, and share a common parking area with the main farm house. The Granary is across Broadstone Road adjacent to the Historic Mast Farm Inn Barn, and is very private, half-remote, half-in-the-middle of things. It has its own parking, overlooks the corral, and has an outdoor deck facing the valley.
- Accommodations: Cabins, Cottages, Suites
- # Rooms: 15
- Beds: Twin, Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Refrigerators
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wired, Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: No
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite, 24 hr
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Laundry Facility, Laundry/Dry Cleaning Services, GLBT Friendly, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, National Historic Registry, Wine/Spirits available
- Location Type: Rural, Mountains, Ranch/Farm, Small Town/Village
- Pet Friendly: No
- Smoking Policy: Outside Only
- Family Friendly: Yes
Weddings & Events
Weddings at The Mast Farm Inn • "Make your own history… where we are used to making history. "The Mast Farm Inn is a world renowned North Carolina Country Inn & Restaurant, in Historic Valle Crucis. It is on The National Register of Historic Places, and a Member of The Select Registry. Valle Crucis is North Carolina’s First Rural Historic District. We hope you will select The Mast Farm Inn for your wedding, and our dedicated wedding website is here to help you get organized. • Click Here For More Information
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor