The Manor on Golden Pond, in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire overlooking Squam Lake and the White Mountains, is a 24-room Country Inn that awaits discerning visitors looking for a distinct destination resort with local character, refined décor, memorable cuisine, and world-class service. It is the destination with a difference at the end of the road less traveled, and it makes the journey well worthwhile.
Beautifully appointed accommodations offer all the amenities of a luxury New England hotel while retaining the charm and tranquility of a New England country inn. Whatever your wish, we are always here to provide personalized service and attention to every detail. From the moment you reach the top of Shepherd’s Hill, we want your experience to be memorable, the stuff of dreams. For a brief time, our New Hampshire inn is your home to savor and enjoy.
Most of the accommodations at our White Mountains resort have wood-burning fireplaces that you’ll find are always laid, inviting a glass of wine by the fire on cool summer evenings or after a winter’s hike. Many of our guestrooms offer stunning views, so with private decks, and each has its own distinguishing décor, an English designation, and a lavish private bath. In some, you’ll find whirlpool tubs and steam showers for two, and all guestrooms have air conditioning.
Select Registry member since 1995
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Pool, Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Wine/Spirits available
Food & Wine
Four Diamond is an accolade given to few New Hampshire inns and one we are proud to have achieved in addition to several other awards. This accolade recognizes the exceptional cuisine prepared on the premises, as well as the sophistication, level of service, and attention to detail that you can expect to find at the Manor. Our chef’s innovative presentations showcase New American menus prepared with the freshest seasonal offerings and complemented by his wide-ranging culinary travels and training under renowned chefs.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast, Dinner
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Warm Cookies before bed, Picnics Available, Room Service
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine, Spirits
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: Open to the public
- Pub/Tavern on Premises: Open to the public
Rooms & Suites
Our New Hampshire country inn offers a romantic retreat, a luxurious comfort that may cause you to linger in your spacious, distinctively appointed rooms.
Most of the accommodations at our White Mountains resort have wood-burning fireplaces that you’ll find are always laid, inviting a glass of wine by the fire on cool summer evenings or after a winter’s hike. Most of our guestrooms offer stunning views, many with private decks, and each has its own distinguishing décor, an English designation, and a lavish private bath. In some you’ll find whirlpool tubs and steam showers for two, and all guestrooms have air conditioning.
Your choice of room at our luxury New Hampshire resort can be reserved by desired amenities or by location—the Manor house or the Annex. From mid-May to mid-October, accommodations are also available in the Carriage House and Cottages.
It is time to get away to a White Mountains bed and breakfast like no other.
Enjoy a preview of our rooms with amenites such as a wood burning fireplace and a Jacuzzi for two.
- Accommodations: Efficiency, Suites
- # Rooms: 24
- Beds: Twin, Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Private Deck, Refrigerators, Rollaway Available, Telephones, Whirlpool or Jacuzzi, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards, Turndown Service, Laundry Service
- Entertainment: Cable TV , CD Players, Video Library
- Safes: Front Desk
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: No
- Inn Amenities: Pool, Valet Parking, Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Laundry/Dry Cleaning Services, Business Center, GLBT Friendly, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, Dedicated Spa Facilities, Restaurant on Site, Pub/tavern on Site, Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station, Concierge Services, Wine/Spirits available
- Location Type: Rural, Waterview, Small Town/Village
- Minimum Stay Required: Peak Season
- Pet Friendly: No
- Smoking Policy: Smoke-Free
- Family Friendly: Over 12
Weddings & Events
A romantic history, a beautiful setting, and a large measure of ambiance and intimacy, what could be a more perfect setting for a memorable wedding celebration than the Manor on Golden Pond in Holderness. The Manor has long been a destination for couples to relax, rejuvenate and reconnect in luxurious surroundings and now the inn is offering this premier property as the ideal location for a small wedding.
The Manor on Golden Pond is offering wedding packages from simple elopements to affairs with 20-25 guests and, with limited availability, a gala of approximately 175 guests.
Enjoy the elegant backdrop of Squam Lake and the surrounding mountains; a gourmet menu created by the Executive Chef, a delicious wedding cake, a champagne toast and all the lush amenities the Manor has to offer. As newlyweds, retire to a private suite; enjoy the Manor’s Signature turndown service and breakfast delivered to your room. Each memory is orchestrated to ensure every detail except your clothing and marriage license are taken care of.
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 20-49
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Ceremony, Receptions, Rehearsal Dinner, Bridal Luncheon, Elopement
- Wedding Services & Amenities: Officiant
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor
Business Travel & Events
For companies seeking a meeting venue, free from the distractions and intrusions of their own offices or from the austere atmosphere of large hotels or conference centers, the Manor offers an alternative to Concord, NH hotels with the elegance, décor, and fine dining of an English estate.
Like a breath of fresh air, the Manor’s tranquil environment and unobtrusive services allow an unhindered focus on substantive business issues.
Our business meeting venue is perfect for corporate retreats, creative sessions, strategic planning, or company celebrations, your time at the Manor will be a rejuvenating, productive, and memorable experience.
From the moment you arrive at our intimate country inn, set high atop Shepherd’s Hill, overlooking Squam Lake and the foothills of the White Mountains, you’ll know you have made an exceptional choice for your business retreat.
Luxurious accommodations await—24 professionally-designed rooms with king or queen beds, well-appointed private baths, air conditioning, wireless Internet, coffeemakers, cable TV/VCRs, and phones/data ports. Many rooms have wood-burning fireplaces, oversized whirlpools, private decks, small refrigerators, and almost all have panoramic views of Squam Lake.
- Banquet Seating: 42
- Reception Seating: 42
- Max Capacity Outdoor: 25
- Max Capacity Theater: 25
- Max Capacity Classroom: 25
- Max Capacity Boardroom: 15
- Business Travel & Events Max Capacity: 30
- Total Meeting Rooms: 3
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor
- Meeting Types: Retreats