Prized for its pristine natural beauty, gracious hospitality and secluded worlds-away appeal, Little St. Simons Island awaits your discovery. One of the crown jewels of Georgia's famed Golden Isles, Little St. Simons Island offers 7 miles of pristine beaches and 11,000 acres of undeveloped wilderness for exploration and relaxation. Privately owned and accessible only by boat, Little St. Simons Island has retained the charm and unhurried pace of coastal living.
Moss draped live oaks and glistening marshes surround cozy accommodations for no more than 32 overnight guests. The island is a paradise for nature lovers and offers a host of recreational, naturalist-led experiences including birding, boating, canoeing, kayaking, hiking, bicycling, interpretive tours, beach combing, fishing and swimming. Creature comforts include gracious accommodations in six charming cottages, delicious family style meals featuring seed-to-table ingredients from the islands own organic garden and genuine Southern hospitality.
Little St. Simons Island is an ideal getaway for individuals, groups, families, family reunions, retreats and business meetings. All meals, beverages including sodas, beer & wine, use of island recreational gear, and daily-offered interpretive island excursions are included in the overnight rates. The Lodge on Little St. Simons Island has received much acclaim including: “#1 in the Top 20 Resorts in the South, #5 in the Top 10 Best Resorts in the U.S. and #49 in the Top 50 Best Resorts in the World” by Condé Nast Traveler's Readers' Choice Awards 2016, “Gold List” by Condé Nast Traveler 2013, “Adventure Bucket List” by Outside Magazine 2013, “Certificate of Excellence by TripAdvisor 2011-2016 and “No. 1 Resort in the Mainland U.S.” by Condé Nast Traveler's Readers' Choice Awards 2007.
Your adventure awaits; view our current promotions.
Little St. Simons Island is located off the Georgia coast about midway between Jacksonville, Florida and Savannah, Georgia. Our ferry boat departs from the Hampton River Marina on St. Simons Island, Georgia (reservations are required). Driving distance from the Jacksonville or Savannah airport is about 90 minutes. For detailed driving directions, please visit our website at www.LittleSSI.com.
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Pool, Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Laundry Facility, Wine/Spirits available
- Minimum Stay Required: Weekends, Holidays, Peak Season
- Pet Friendly: No
- Smoking Policy: Outside Only
- Family Friendly: Yes
Food & Wine
Regional cuisine prepared by our skilled chefs is a highlight of visits to Little St. Simons Island, with three meals daily and beverages including house beer and wine included in the overnight rates. Breakfast and dinner are served family-style in the Hunting Lodge dining room. Lunch is served there, too, except on most Saturdays (weather permitting) when it is presented seaside. Picnic lunches are available and we are happy to accommodate special dietary needs. Each evening before dinner, a delightful social hour with hors d'oeuvres is held, including seasonal weekend oyster roasts on the Lodge grounds. All are favored times to recount the day’s adventures with family and new friends.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Communal, Set Times
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Beverages, Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Snacks, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea, Evening Cocktails, Complimentary Evening Hors d'oeuvres, Picnics Available
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine, Spirits
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: Limited to overnight guests
- Pub/Tavern on Premises: No
Rooms & Suites
The gracious charm of our well-appointed guest accommodations is very much a part of the Little St. Simons Island experience. Six cottages, with rooms for 32 overnight guests, are tucked beneath the oaks in corners of the Island’s main lodge compound. While each guest cottage or guest house is delightfully different in setting, decor and their place in the Island’s history, all rooms are fully air-conditioned and enjoy access to a fireplace. We welcome reservations for a single guest room (for two persons), an entire cottage (ideal for families and small groups up to eight persons), and full-Island visits for up to 32 guests to enjoy the ultimate private island experience.
- Accommodations: Cottages, Suites
- # Rooms: 16
- Beds: Twin, Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Private Deck, Refrigerators, Rollaway Available, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards, Laundry Facility
- Safes: Front Desk
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: No
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite, Business Hours
- Inn Amenities: Pool, Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Laundry Facility, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station, Wine/Spirits available
- Location Type: Coastal, Waterfront, Waterview
Weddings & Events
Little St. Simons Island is a spectacular location for small events and celebrations such as birthdays, anniversaries, family reunions, corporate retreats and simple non-traditional weddings. A private island event is a unique and special experience for attendees. Due to the intimate size of our operation as well as the nature of the island, event services are limited to our standard scope of offerings. Please contact our Guest Services Office at (866) 450-9621 for further details.
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 20-49
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Elopement
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
Whether for executive retreats of a dozen or corporate groups up to 32 persons, the intimacy, natural beauty and privacy of Little St. Simons Island produce a very real and unique sense of focus and productivity. And the abundance of recreational options helps attendees relax between sessions and, when pursued by the entire group, fosters colleague relationships and encourages team-building. The historic Barn, a landmark within the Island’s main Lodge compound, has been extensively renovated and transformed into the ideal center point for group meetings on the Island. The Barn and the Island’s variety of attendee accommodations are joined by a host of complementing settings for meetings, including our poolside Screen House, the Hunting Lodge and inspiring outdoor locations.
- Banquet Seating: 32
- Reception Seating: 32
- Max Capacity Outdoor: 32
- Max Capacity Theater: 32
- Max Capacity Classroom: 32
- Max Capacity Boardroom: 32
- Business Travel & Events Max Capacity: 32
- Total Rooms Sq Footage: 1000
- Total Meeting Rooms: 1
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
- Meeting Amenities: Onsite Catering
- Meeting Types: Retreats, Social