Situated near the new Tryon International Equestrian Center. A short distance to Charlotte, Asheville, and Greenville, we are a North Carolina inn located at the entrance of Hickory Nut Gorge. The building is a historic 1930's Lodge and the only Waterfront inn on the lake. It offers sweeping views and complete tranquility on a secluded peninsula at the center of the lake.Guests often tell us why they love to return here. Each room with its own personality and thoughtful decor makes them feel like they are coming home. Enjoy the Lake from the top of our boathouse, canoe to explore the quiet coves and breathtaking views, Biltmore, Du Pont Forest and Chimney Rock Park are easy drives away. Let us pack you a delicious sandwich for your excursion and return for a glass of wine at mingling hour before joining us in The Tree Tops Dining Room during sunset for a mouth-watering dinner to end a perfect day.For your next seminar, intimate wedding, business meeting or family reunion, we offer meeting rooms in a relaxed setting and free high-speed WIFI.
Select Registry member since 2005
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Wine/Spirits available
Food & Wine
Tree Tops Waterfront Dining at The Lodge on Lake Lure offers the perfect spot to dine – literally among the treetops under a canopy of leafy shade. The dining room, located on the main entrance level of the inn, offers sweeping, panoramic views of the lake and surrounding Blue Ridge Mountains. With both indoor seating as well as al fresco seating on the veranda breakfast is served from 8:00 AM, evening dining from 6:oo PM. Reservations for Tree Top Waterfront Dining are strongly suggested.
Fresh farm to table dining. Read our tripadvisor reviews for our dining room.
Prix Fixe dinner for two is $65.00.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast, Dinner
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine, Spirits
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
Rooms & Suites
If you are looking for beautiful waterfront accommodation at Lake Lure, The Lodge on Lake Lure offers four categories of rooms. All of our rooms are equipped with flat-screen televisions, wireless internet. Three of our Premium Rooms can accommodate pets with an additional cleaning fee and advance reservations.
Luxury Junior Suites
The two Luxury Junior Suites boast exquisitely decorated rooms that have sweeping views of Lake Lure and the surrounding mountains. Enjoy the expansive sitting area in front of the fireplace to talk over the day’s adventures. Pamper yourself by spending the evening enjoying the lake and mountain views on your spacious private balcony.
The Superior Rooms at the Lodge have beautiful views of Lake Lure and the surrounding mountains. Each has a cozy sitting area in front of the fireplace to relax after enjoying the views from the private balcony, as well as luxurious bathrooms for a memorable beginning or end to your day at Lake Lure.
The Lodge Deluxe Rooms enjoy views of Lake Lure and the surrounding mountains with direct access to the gardens and a pathway to the lake. Each spacious room has a comfortable sitting area to relax and enjoy your day.
The Lodge Premium Rooms are located in the Lake House building. Each has a spacious bathroom and cozy sitting area inside and opens to a semi-private deck to relax. These rooms may be interconnected and are perfect for families or friends staying at the Lodge together so your group can have the whole private Lake House.
The Lodge Classic Rooms are a great way to experience the Lodge and all that Lake Lure has to offer. They are well located in the main Lodge with easy access to the Lodge Great Room and dining area. Each has a warm, intimate feel that will make your visit an enjoyable one.
- Accommodations: Efficiency, Suites
- # Rooms: 17
- Beds: Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Private Deck, Refrigerators, Telephones, Whirlpool or Jacuzzi, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards, Microwaves
- Entertainment: iPod Docking Stations
- Safes: In-Room, Front Desk
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Business Center, GLBT Friendly, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, Wine/Spirits available
- Location Type: Waterfront, Waterview, Small Town/Village
- Inkeepers Pets: Outside Only
- Pet Friendly: Limited
- Smoking Policy: Outside Only
- Family Friendly: Yes
Weddings & Events
Lake Lure is one of the most popular settings for weddings in Western North Carolina. The Lodge on Lake Lure with beautiful views and gardens and private setting specializes in intimate weddings, vow renewals and anniverseries. Choose to have your ceremony in front of the giant fireplace in the Great Room, or outside on the sun deck of the boathouse. Indoor weddings can accomodate up to 45 people and outdoor weddings up to 60. The Lodge on Lake Lure was chosen by Charlotte Wedding Magazine for the Spring/Summer 2012 issue because of it's "rustic elegance". These pictures are from that shoot.
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
Meetings and Events
• Think Tank and Strategy Sessions
• Seminars and Business Meetings
• Retreats and Family Reunions
• Intimate Weddings and Receptions
• Seating Capacity at the table is 24
• Seating Capacity Auditorium Style up to 30
• Facility equipped with high speed Wireless
• Private Parking and Entrance
• Large Veranda overlooking the Lake and
Gardens for breaks
• Private Restroom
• Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks and Light Snacks
are provided in the Conference Room
• Our Chef can provide Lunch and Dinner menus
- Banquet Seating: 42
- Reception Seating: 50
- Max Capacity Outdoor: 40
- Max Capacity Classroom: 30
- Max Capacity Boardroom: 22
- Business Travel & Events Max Capacity: 30
- Total Rooms Sq Footage: 800
- Total Meeting Rooms: 2
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
- Meeting Amenities: Onsite Catering
- Meeting Types: Retreats