Step back in time and enjoy the charm and romantic elegance associated with La Farge Perry House, a luxury Newport, Rhode Island inn. This charming estate was once occupied by renowned painter and stained glass artist, John La Farge and his wife Margaret, the grand-niece of Commodore Matthew Perry. In the heart of historic Newport, experience unparalleled amenities in our five timelessly appointed guest rooms. Each has been uniquely designed to fit the distinctive characteristics of the famous personalities who once lived here.Take advantage of the “City by the Sea” at this exclusive choice among inns in Newport, RI complete with classic gardens, spa Jacuzzi baths, bathrobes, and even more amenities. Enjoy a tranquil backdrop within walking distance of the harbor, while sipping on afternoon tea or indulging in a delectable complimentary breakfast. Here you’ll experience an enchanting town that offers a variety of things to do including tours of the famous Newport Mansions, one-of-a-kind boutiques and waterfront sports. So whether you’re interested in walking along Newport’s Cliff Walk, Easton’s Beach or within the historic district, our inn places you right at the center of the city.
- Pet Friendly: No
- Smoking Policy: Outside Only
- Family Friendly: Yes
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property
Food & Wine
La Farge Perry House prides itself in having a gourmet chef cooked-to-order breakfast with rotating menus each morning featuring Brioche French toast with strawberry maple syrup; omelets; blueberry buttermilk pancakes and on Sundays our infamous Eggs Benedict. Homemade jams, generous bowls of fresh fruit and daily baked spiced banana muffins, almond croissants or blueberry scones will get you started.
Guests have access to sitting in our gardens and wrap around front porch in the summer and by the fireside in the family room off the large kitchen or elegant living room in the winter. Many a guest has been found tip-toeing down the stairs for a chocolate chip cookie at midnight.
Every afternoon from 4 p.m. - 5 p.m., we give guests the opportunity to meet our innkeeper. During this hour, guests can enjoy complimentary local wines from Newport Vineyards with assorted cheeses and fruits. 'Welcome Hour' is located in the front parlor of the inn and open to all guests
- Meals Offered: Breakfast
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables, Communal
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Beverages, Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Snacks, Complimentary Warm Cookies before bed
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: No
- Pub/Tavern on Premises: No
Rooms & Suites
Each of our six guest rooms are uniquely appointed for a truly luxurious bed and breakfast experience. Amenities for all guests include: 300 Count Egyptian cotton sheets
Goose down pillows
DVD Player with available movie library
Flat Panel HD televisions
Desk/workspace in each room
Complimentary wireless Internet access
Complimentary gourmet breakfast, cooked to order
Afternoon refreshments served with our signature golden chocolate chip cookies
Climate controlled house
Bottled water provided in-room
Refrigerator in room
Available in-room massage
Concierge service for ticket information, restaurant recommendations and more
- Accommodations: Efficiency, Suites
- # Rooms: 5
- Beds: Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Refrigerators, Rollaway Available, Telephones, Whirlpool or Jacuzzi, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards, Microwaves, Laundry Facility, Laundry Service
- Entertainment: Cable TV , DVD/Blu-Ray Players, Video Library
- Safes: In-Room, Front Desk
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite, 24 hr
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, GLBT Friendly, Limited Spa Services, Concierge Services
- Location Type: Coastal, Waterfront, Small Town/Village
Weddings & Events
La Farge Perry House is the ideal location for accommodating your family for small weddings, reunions and distinctive occasions. Offering the entire inn is our priority for your stay. As everyone will know one another other, it is great fun to have the morning breakfast together, to catch up or get ready to plan your day.Our most popular package is house bookings for small, intimate weddings. The Master Suite with its spacious bathroom is ideal for hair and make-up on the big day. Bridal luncheons, dinners, and "Farewell Brunches" can be arranged to fit nearly any budget.
A working retreat is also an option as La Farge Perry House has wireless internet and our handsome dining room can be turned into boardroom space after breakfast. A full buy-out of the inn is required.
Special rate considerations are given mid-week dates, but our facility is available for whole house bookings every day of the week.
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 1-19
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Ceremony, Receptions, Bridal Luncheon
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
Corporate meetings will function perfectly with access to our break out space, dining room for board meetings and spacious living room for coffee breaks.
Complimentary on-site parking and walking proximity to all of Newport’s attractions make whole-house bookings at La Farge Perry House as convenient as they are consummate.
Contact us today at (401) 847-2223 or toll free at (877) 736-1100 to learn more about booking this option at La Farge Perry House.
- Reception Seating: 18
- Max Capacity Boardroom: 12
- Total Rooms Sq Footage: 450
- Total Meeting Rooms: 1
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor
- Meeting Amenities: Onsite Catering
- Meeting Types: Business Meeting, Retreats, Social