Relax, refresh, and renew in a modern Blue Ridge Mountain Virginian retreat overlooking the Shenandoah Valley. Experience the reasons guests voted the Iris Inn, BEST OF THE MID-ATLANTIC on BedandBreakfast.com.
The Iris Inn offers wine touring, outdoor recreation, World Historic Sites, phenomenal culinary options and enchanting main street venues. Savor Virginian wine and food. Visiting wineries is easy; 27 vineyards are within 30 miles of the Iris Inn. Tour Monticello, home of America’s first winemaker, Thomas Jefferson.
Explore world famous Skyline Drive. The Iris Inn offers the closest entry point to both the Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway with access to 500 miles of hiking trails. Marvel at the plunge of Crabtree Creek at Virginia's highest waterfall, Crabtree Falls.
Enjoy a complimentary evening wine tastings. Sample the “bottomless” cookie jar. Check email from the deck overlooking the Shenandoah Valley. [Complimentary Wifi] Celebrate your anniversary with in room champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. Schedule a couple’s massage. Shed your cares in a double person Jacuzzi or outdoor hot tub.
Awake refreshed to a full breakfast by the crackling fire in the Great Room. Depart rejuvenated and renewed with delightful memories.
Most Welcoming Bed and Breakfast in the Shenandoah Valley by Virginia Living 2013.
Best of Virginia Virginia Living 2012.
Readers Choice Award Virginia Wine Lovers 2012.
Certificate of Excellence Trip Advisor 2010, 2011, 2012.
Certificate of Excellence Trip Advisor 2010, 2011, 2012.
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Free Onsite Parking, Wine/Spirits available
Food & Wine
On a warm, spring morning, delight in an elegant bowl of bright red strawberries, waffles with fresh whipped cream, and a plate of crispy bacon. In the heat of summer, indulge in fresh oranges, an omelet, and French toast baked with cream cheese and apples. In Autumn you can enjoy Heidi’s popular pumpkin pancakes, scrambled eggs, and delicious banana-nut muffins. Finally, to combat the cold of winter, feast on hash brown casserole, and Heidi's incredible take on Eggs Benedict. (Don't forget that there's always hot coffee, tea, and hot chocolate available!)
- Meals Offered: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Beverages, Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Snacks, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea, Evening Cocktails, Complimentary Evening Hors d'oeuvres, Complimentary Warm Cookies before bed, Picnics Available
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine, Spirits
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: Limited to overnight guests
- Pub/Tavern on Premises: Limited to overnight guests
Rooms & Suites
Your king-sized room awaits you with all of its elegance, spaciousness, and convenience. From writing desks to mini refrigerators, your room will fulfill all necessities and more. Wake in your personal, king bed, pull back the blackout curtains, and let the Shenandoah Valley sun bid you good morning. Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy your morning shows on the flat-screen TV. Indulge in the chocolate beside your bed. Wrap yourself in a fuzzy bathrobe after taking a nice, hot shower. If you have an iPod, plug it in to the clock on the nightstand, and enjoy your music while you prepare for the day or the wind down in the evenings.
From our Blue Ridge Mountain location, you can enjoy a sunset view of the Shenandoah Valley along with the vast mountains in the distance. Walk out from any room at our B&B and enjoy access to the expansive decks that surround the inn. Each room includes wine glasses and a bottle opener.
- Accommodations: Cabins, Cottages, Efficiency, Suites
- # Rooms: 16
- Beds: King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Bathrobes, Fireplaces, Full Kitchen, Hair dryers, Private Deck, Private Entrance, Refrigerators, Rollaway Available, Whirlpool or Jacuzzi, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards, Microwaves, Turndown Service, Laundry Facility
- Entertainment: Cable TV , DVD/Blu-Ray Players, iPod Docking Stations, Video Library
- Safes: In-Room, Front Desk
- Handicap Accessible: Full ADA
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite, 24 hr
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Laundry Facility, GLBT Friendly, Limited Spa Services, Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station, Concierge Services, Wine/Spirits available
- Location Type: Mountains, Small Town/Village
- Minimum Stay Required: Weekends, Holidays, Peak Season
- Inkeepers Pets: Outside Only
- Pet Friendly: Limited
- Smoking Policy: Smoke-Free
- Family Friendly: Over 12
Weddings & Events
With an elegantly forested backdrop, the Iris Inn provides the perfectly romantic setting for your wedding. Our Inn overlooks the Shenandoah Valley, offering a stunning view of the mountains, the sunrise, the sunset, and the night sky.
Imagine your ceremony before our Great Room fireplace with light pouring in from the windows overhead. Picture the two of you on the overhanging balcony of the library. Or, if you prefer the great outdoors, envision your wedding illuminated by a colorful Shenandoah Valley sunset.
Whether you choose and indoor or outdoor wedding, we promise a beautiful setting with lasting memories.
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 20-49
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Ceremony, Receptions, Rehearsal Dinner, Elopement
- Wedding Services & Amenities: Officiant, Caterer
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
Are you weary of the business meetings in the same, dull conference rooms? The Iris Inn is happy to offer you a setting for your business meetings that promises to make them more relaxed and enjoyable. Our Deep Woods Suite can be easily converted into a conference room that offers a private deck, a spacious restroom, efficiency kitchen, and a quiet, woodland atmosphere. We also provide free wireless Internet, hot coffee, and baked treats that are certain to keep the members of your meeting alert and focused. Additionally, we can also supply a full breakfast, lunch and snacks if desired.
- Banquet Seating: 44
- Reception Seating: 44
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
- Meeting Amenities: Dedicated Conference Center, Onsite Catering
- Meeting Types: Business Meeting, Retreats, Social