The Inner Banks Inn is an award-winning and historic boutique hotel, country inn & restaurant in the Edenton Historical District of North Carolina! We offer guests 20 rooms in four historically and distinctively different houses. Stay in a southern Victorian mansion, a Greek revival colonial, a converted "Pack House" tobacco barn or our pet-friendly, coastal Carolina cottage and enjoy interesting and unique architecture spanning 250 years!
Come and experience the "Evening Sunset Stroll" when you stay at the Inner Banks Inn! Imagine a sky of oranges and purples as you walk near the Roanoke River Lighthouse. After your stroll, return to the Inner Banks Inn to enjoy an unforgettable dinner at our #1 TripAdvisor ranked Edenton restaurant, The Table at Inner Banks! Our fine dining restaurant is known for its Ocean-River-Farm to Fork cuisine, collected from neighboring farms, the Outer Banks, Chowan River and Albemarle Sound. Whether you'd like to dine on the outdoor patio, by the fire, or in the charming carriage house dining room, you'll always be treated to exceptional service.
Edenton has been recognized as "The Prettiest Small Town In The South," and "One of America's Prettiest Towns" by Forbes. The original capital of North Carolina, Edenton is a historical gem known for 300 years of preserved architecture, prolific green spaces and pristine shorelines on Edenton Bay and the Albemarle Sound. The spectacular sunsets on Edenton Bay are nothing less than magical and certainly a part of why this town is named one of the four most romantic places in the Carolinas by AAA Go Magazine and for good reason!
In addition to its endless accolades, Edenton is a prime spot for a vacation because of its proximity to popular attractions! The Inner Banks Inn is just one hour from the world renowned Outer Banks beaches to the east and big city excitement of Norfolk and Virginia Beach to the north.
Select Registry member since 2016
- Pet Friendly: Yes
- Smoking Policy: Outside Only
- Family Friendly: Yes
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Shuttle Service, Free Onsite Parking, Wine/Spirits available
Food & Wine
When you stay at the Inner Banks Inn in Edenton, NC, you'll enjoy a delicious three-course country breakfast each morning between 7:30 and 9:30 am in The Table restaurant or on the exquisite terrace! If you'd like to dine earlier or later, please let us know in advance.
Guests enjoy the casually refined dining experience our converted carriage house Edenton, NC restaurant, The Table at Inner Banks. Our chefs will amaze you with inspired farm to table menus, using only the best local ingredients! Together with our local farmers and watermen, we are able to craft our unique and upscale Inner Banks cuisine we call "Ocean – River – Farm to Fork." When you stay at Inner Banks Inn, we welcome you to experience our hospitality, sustainable local cuisine, and casually elegant surroundings, all in "One of Americ's Prettiest Towns" and "The South's Prettiest Town." - Forbes
- Meals Offered: Breakfast, Dinner
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables, Communal, Flexible Times
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Beverages, Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Snacks, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea, Evening Cocktails, Picnics Available, Room Service
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine, Spirits
- Restaurant on Premises: Open to the public
Rooms & Suites
Spend the weekend in one of our four beautiful and distinctive historic buildings in Edenton, NC! Stay in the Lords Proprietor's home, an elegant Southern Victorian mansion, or the Pack House. Dating back to 1915, this is one of the few Tobacco Packing Houses left in the state! We also have the pet-friendly Tillie Bond Cottage, which was the former residence of Tillie Bond who owned Edenton's famous Cupola House. Or stay in the Satterfield House, an early 1900s home that houses two rooms, our private dining rooms, and corporate meeting space!
- Accommodations: Suites
- # Rooms: 20
- Beds: Twin, Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Featherbeds, Full Kitchen, Hair dryers, Private Deck, Private Entrance, Rollaway Available, Whirlpool or Jacuzzi, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards, Laundry Service
- Entertainment: Cable TV
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite
- Inn Amenities: Fitness Center , Pool, Shuttle Service, Free Onsite Parking, Laundry/Dry Cleaning Services, GLBT Friendly, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, Limited Spa Services, Restaurant on Site, National Historic Registry, Wine/Spirits available, Concierge Services
- Location Type: Coastal, Small Town/Village
Weddings & Events
Its historic charm and beautiful scenery make Edenton, NC an ideal spot to say your vows! At the beautiful Links at Mulberry Hill, Inner Banks on the Green offers a waterfront venue for weddings and events seating up to 200 guests inside and a variety of outdoor tenting options. This beautiful venue is located just outside of town on the historic shores of the Albemarle Sound, offering stellar west facing Carolina sunsets with expansive water views!
Let us help you make your special day perfect with a North Carolina wedding, reception, and bridal shower, or elopement! Whatever you'd like to do, we have several different wedding venues in Edenton, NC, including our romantic Southern Victorian mansion, expansive lawn, and our restaurant and patio. Our culinary team will work with you to design a memorable wedding feast, and along with our staff’s uncompromising attention to detail, we will help to make your Edenton wedding perfect.
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 200+
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Ceremony, Receptions, Rehearsal Dinner, Bridal Luncheon, Elopement
- Wedding Services & Amenities: Wedding Planner, Officiant, Caterer, Florist, Photographer, Decorator
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
If you're searching for exceptional corporate retreat locations in North Carolina, consider our meeting spaces at the Inner Banks Inn! Whether you need a small intimate meeting or large, we are here to help you set your plans in motion. Maybe you need a full day meeting with breakfast, lunch, and dinner? Our inn's award-winning chefs and event staff will make it an unforgettable and enjoyable experience for everyone!
Are you ready for the most memorable, productive, and team-centric meetings you've ever held? We have several options for you to consider. Choose between our Satterfield House Conference Room equipped with an easel, a white board, and an overhead projector or our more formal Parlor at the Lords Proprietor’s! For a more casual meeting or discussion, consider our Pack House Gathering Room with fireplaces. All of our meeting spaces are also suitable for executive retreats up to 30 people.
When the meetings conclude, plan a day of fun activities in one of the popular areas close to the Inner Banks Inn. We are located only one hour from the Outer Banks; one hour and five minutes from Norfolk, VA and Greenville NC; two hours from Raleigh, NC, and Williamsburg, VA; and under three hours from Richmond, VA!
- Banquet Seating: 220
- Max Capacity Outdoor: 300
- Max Capacity Classroom: 250
- Business Travel & Events Max Capacity: 300
- Total Meeting Rooms: 6
- Meeting Amenities: Dedicated Conference Center, Onsite Catering