Step across the massive marble threshold of this beautiful, historic property, drop your bags, and breathe a sigh of relief. Welcome to a house that has been a home away from home to many.
Stop first in the heart of our home - the conservatory dining room. With magnificent views of the Green Mountains, an intricately carved mahogany mantle surrounding an immense fireplace, snacks and beverages day and night, and our amazing three-course breakfast every morning, this room will nourish your body and soul. Steps away are our enormous patio and porch with Adirondack rocking chairs, patio tables, porch swings, and views you will never forget. Plan some time out here with your book, tablet, wine or favorite beverage, and let yourself dissolve into the surroundings.
Stroll around the exquisitely landscaped grounds of our Manchester, VT bed and breakfast and expect a few surprises: a labyrinth in the meadow, or a cozy gazebo hideaway. Experience why The Inn at Ormsby Hill has been awarded the AAA Four Diamond rating since 1999. The friendly, informal innkeepers and staff, and the stunning house and property create a world away from cares, where you can be your true self.
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property
Food & Wine
Breakfast at Ormsby Hill -- Seasonal, Energizing and Delicious Our beautiful Conservatory is the perfect setting to awaken your senses with a steaming cup of tea or fresh brewed coffee. Next, enjoy luscious local fruit with an unexpected twist - a drizzle of coconut lime sauce or maybe a drizzle of green tea-mint syrup. A basket of freshly baked Japanese milk bread follows. These fragrant mini loaves are an Ormsby Hill exclusive, shaped and baked every morning by Diane. The main course will delight you in more than taste. Fresh home grown and local ingredients (when in season) preclude the use of excess sugar and fats. Vermont breakfast meats round off a delicious, fulfilling, guilt free meal. It is a great way to start your Ormsby Hill getaway. A sampling of our breakfast offerings include peach and blueberry streusel, polenta souffle, herbed cherry tomato strata, mascarpone stuffed French toast with berry maple syrup, light and airy lemon-ricotta pancakes, and tomatoes on puff pastry with basil and fresh ricotta. We can adapt most of our breakfasts to accommodate guests with food restrictions. Please let us know your dietary requirements when making your reservation.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables, Communal
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
Rooms & Suites
"...a class act. Rooms are designed with panache... and decorated with flawless good taste." - Off the Beaten Path Retreat to your guest oasis, with fireplace, two-person whirlpool tub, and organic bath amenities, for some intimate time. Your room might also have a two-person steam shower, private deck, analog tube stereo amplifier, or apple TV.
- Accommodations: Efficiency, Suites
- # Rooms: 10
- Beds: Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Fireplaces, Private Deck, Refrigerators, Whirlpool or Jacuzzi, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards, Turndown Service
- Entertainment: iPod Docking Stations
- Safes: In-Room, Front Desk
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Front Desk/Security: 24 hr
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, GLBT Friendly, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, National Historic Registry
- Location Type: Mountains, Small Town/Village
- Pet Friendly: No
- Smoking Policy: Smoke-Free