Listed on the National Historic Register, The Inn at Montchanin Village & Spa was once a part of the Winterthur Estate and was named for Alexandria de Montchanin, grandmother of the founder of the DuPont Company. One of the few remaining villages of its kind, the settlement was home to laborers who worked at the nearby DuPont powder mills.
In eleven carefully restored buildings dating from 1799 to 1920, there are 28 richly furnished guest rooms/suites appointed with period and reproduction furniture and marble baths with all the amenities a demanding and sophisticated traveler would desire. Most rooms have beautifully manicured private courtyards and several have cozy fireplaces. The Spa at Montchanin is an innovative facility that offers facials, body treatments, and massages in a luxurious and peaceful environment. Nestles in the Brandywine Valley, 10 minutes North West of Wilmington and 25 miles South of Philadelphia. Centrally located to all major Delaware museums - Winterthur Museum, Longwood Gardens, Hagley Museum, Nemours Mansion and Gardens, The Brandywine River Museum, The Delaware Art Museum, and The Delaware Museum of Natural History.
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Fitness Center, Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Wine/Spirits available
Food & Wine
Krazy Kat's Restaurant is housed in a renovated blacksmith's shop, complete with one of the original forges. It is known as much for its fresh seasonally-inspired creative cuisine as its whimsical décor, which features tiger-print chairs and portraits of military-garbed cats and dogs. The Restaurant seats 60 between the Main Dining Room and the Sun Room. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Business casual attire is requested. Krazy Kat's menu may be viewed by clicking here. The Crow's Nest private dining room may seat up to 40 guests in an elegant setting. Krazy Kat's Hours: Breakfast ~ Monday through Friday 7:00AM-10:00; Saturday 8:00AM-11:00AM; and Sunday Brunch 8:00AM-2:00PM Lunch ~ Monday through Friday 11:30AM-2:00PM Dinner ~ Monday through Sunday 5:30PM-9:30PM Dinner reservations are appreciated. Please call (302) 888-4200.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Breakfast: Available for additional charge
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine, Spirits
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
Rooms & Suites
There are 28 richly furnished guest rooms, many with private, professionally landscaped courtyards and gas fireplaces ranging in rates from $192 to $399 per evening. Each room and suite is unique, with its own individual character and features. All guest rooms have deluxe private baths, dual-line telephones, wireless internet, cable TVs, and wet bars. Many have sitting rooms with gas fireplaces. All rooms and suites are furnished with period and reproduction furniture and appointed with the sophisticated traveler in mind. We provide nightly turndown service, complimentary daily New York Times delivery, elegant bathrooms with heated towel racks, robes and in-room safes. Room service is available. On site parking is free. Please call (302) 888-2133 or 1-800-COW -BIRD for reservations and further information.
- Accommodations: Cottages, Efficiency, Suites
- # Rooms: 28
- Beds: Twin, Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Hair dryers, Refrigerators, Telephones, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards, Microwaves, Dry Cleaning
- Safes: In-Room, Front Desk
- Internet Services: Wireless
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: 24 hr
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Laundry/Dry Cleaning Services, Business Center, GLBT Friendly, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, National Historic Registry, Fitness Center, Wine/Spirits available
- Location Type: Suburban
- Smoking Policy: Smoke-Free
- Family Friendly: Yes
Weddings & Events
For a truly unique wedding, exchange vows amidst the history and grandeur of the Inn at Montchanin Village & Spa. We're here to help you create the experience of a lifetime. Our dedicated, experienced staff will attend to every last detail, offering you endless possibilities to ensure that your special day is just as you have imagined it. Expert planning, meticulous service and award-winning culinary creations have been the recipes for memorable weddings.
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
The Inn at Montchanin Village is pleased to host your meeting, conference, seminar and corporate function. We invite you to come and experience our outstanding service and fine cuisine. Our Coordinator of Private Functions will attend to your every need. You can preview our meeting rooms and review our á la carte menu choices right here. If you have further questions or wish to make a reservation, please call or follow the link below to our online request form.
For more information, please contact the Sales and Catering office.
- Banquet Seating: 40
- Reception Seating: 40
- Max Capacity Outdoor: 40
- Max Capacity Theater: 40
- Max Capacity Classroom: 30
- Max Capacity Boardroom: 16
- Business Travel & Events Max Capacity: 40
- Total Rooms Sq Footage: 2300
- Total Meeting Rooms: 3
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
- Meeting Amenities: Onsite Catering
- Meeting Types: Retreats