The captivating charm of the Inn at Herr Ridge, a well-known Gettysburg Pennsylvania bed and breakfast, who is not to be forgotten. Built in 1813 and nestled between the historic battlefields of Gettysburg and one of Pennsylvania's wooded treasures, Caledonia State Park, the Inn offers a rare experience to every guest who crosses our threshold and is only minutes from Lincoln Square downtown Gettysburg.Our guest rooms are delightfully decorated with Gettysburg's historic charm. Make yourself at home and enjoy your stay by either relaxing near the fireplace or by taking a warm bubble bath in your own Jacuzzi tub. While you're here savor the experience of our Tavern's dining. We are honored to be able to offer such a vast wine spectator award winning wine list. As well extensive full-service bar of premium spirits.
The main house of the Inn became the first Confederate hospital during the battle of Gettysburg. It is beautifully restored and listed in the National Register of Historic Places. If you are searching for your home away from home, look no further. The fireplace is roaring, and the wine is chilling. Come stay with us!
Select Registry member since 2004
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Wine/Spirits available
Food & Wine
Gourmet Dining, a awe-inspiring experience for the eye , as well as the palate. Our chef composes fine French influenced American cuisine. With a very extensive wine list. Reservations are suggested on the weekends.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast, Dinner
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables
- Breakfast Service: Continental, Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Snacks, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea, Complimentary Warm Cookies before bed, Room Service
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine, Spirits
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: Open to the public
- Pub/Tavern on Premises: Open to the public
Rooms & Suites
A unique experience in lodging offering 16 distinctive suites for our guests, decorated with period pieces so each has it's own charm. Several common areas are available for your extended comfort, which overlook the battlefield.Main House - Each suite in the main house, offers a private bath, fireplace, cable Tv, air conditioning and telephone in a smoke free environment.
The Quarters - Each of the five Victorian suites have a queen size bed, large Private bathroom comfortable sitting area, fireplace and private deck, all in a separate annex building just a short walk from the main house.
- Accommodations: Efficiency, Suites
- # Rooms: 17
- Beds: Twin, Double, Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Private Deck, Refrigerators, Rollaway Available, Telephones, Whirlpool or Jacuzzi, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards, Microwaves
- Entertainment: Cable TV , CD Players, DVD/Blu-Ray Players, Video Library
- Safes: In-Room, Front Desk
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite, Business Hours
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, Limited Spa Services, Restaurant on Site, Pub/tavern on Site, National Historic Registry, Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station, Wine/Spirits available
- Location Type: Rural
- Smoking Policy: Smoke-Free
- Family Friendly: Over 12
Weddings & Events
The Romance and Charm of the Inn assures that your occasion will be exquisite. Each wedding reception and dinner package is designed to exceed your taste and desires, with a variety of hors d' oeuvres and entree selections. Our event coordinator can also assist you with wedding cakes, floral arrangements, professional photographers and DJ's needed for your special event
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Ceremony, Receptions, Rehearsal Dinner, Bridal Luncheon, Elopement
- Wedding Services & Amenities: Caterer
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
Our Corporate Clients can access our audiovisual equipment such as television, DVD, Computer with PowerPoint, overhead projector, microphone, wireless Internet access, and PA system are available for your presentation. We offer guest accommodations and menu plans to create the perfect meeting atmosphere.
- Banquet Seating: 125
- Reception Seating: 125-200
- Business Travel & Events Max Capacity: 30-125
- Total Meeting Rooms: 3
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor
- Meeting Amenities: Onsite Catering
- Meeting Types: Business Meeting, Retreats, Social