Nestled by a sparkling stream on several acres at the edge of picturesque Jackson village in the Mount Washington valley of New Hampshire, the inn’s rooms and rustic cottage for two are uniquely appointed with period furnishings. Many have two-person jetted tubs and/or balconies; almost all have fireplaces. Let the river’s soothing sounds lull you to sleep. Awaken to clear mountain air and a bountiful homemade breakfast in the sunny dining room of our New Hampshire inn.Spend your days enjoying scenic drives, exploring waterfalls, hiking, canoeing or kayaking, fishing, mountain biking, golfing, tax-free shopping or just relaxing with a book by our heated outdoor pool (May-September) or in the Adirondack chairs by the river. For the eco-adventurous, you can scale Mount Washington via the Auto Road, the Cog Railway or hiking trails, take a moose tour, or a go on a mountainside horseback ride. Fall surrounds you with its brilliant foliage, and when the snow flies, you can cross-country ski, snowshoe, take a sleigh ride, or choose from one of five alpine ski centers nearby. No matter the season, you can return from exploring the White Mountains to enjoy afternoon refreshments in our gazebo or by a blazing fire, a game of darts or billiards in our cozy game room/pub, the challenge of a Stave puzzle or board game in our sitting room, or the relaxing view of the river as you soak in our atrium-enclosed hot tub. Dining is available at many wonderful restaurants in Jackson and nearby North Conway.
Year round, the inn is a perfect choice for a weekend getaway, a relaxing vacation, or to celebrate any special occasion. Find yourselves here before life hurries on ~ we are waiting to welcome you!
Select Registry member since 2009
- Member Since: 2009
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Pool, Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Wine/Spirits available
- Minimum Stay Required: Weekends, Holidays, Peak Season
- Pet Friendly: No
- Smoking Policy: Outside Only
Food & Wine
Start with a choice of juice, fruit, cereals, two freshly baked sweet breads, muffins or coffee cake, and your choice of hot beverage. Then choose between our two hot entrées, each served with maple glazed bacon or sausage and a choice of toast from a local artisan bakery if you wish. The sweet entrée might be homemade apple cinnamon pancakes and crème fraîche, Belgian waffles with fresh berries and whipped cream, or pecan praline french toast. There's locally created maple syrup, of course! Or opt for our savory entrée of the day which might be a double tomato, basil and mozzarella omelet, a garden vegetable frittata, or ham and cheddar crustless quiche. We feature local and regional food products as much as possible. Elegant and hearty, our breakfasts will leave you satisfied and ready to explore the White Mountains or in the winter, ready to ski to your heart's content. If you are departing early, a continental breakfast is always available ~ just ask an innkeeper the day before.Jackson has an enviable selection of unique formal and casual restaurants and pubs. The inn has arranged dinner packages with the Wentworth and the White Mountain Cider Company for your convenience. Nearby Inn at Thorn Hill offers a Four Diamond dining experience. We also have menu books for all Jackson and many North Conway - Conway area restaurants and are happy to make reservations for you.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea, Evening Cocktails, Picnics Available
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine, Spirits
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
Rooms & Suites
All our accommodations, whether a classic room or a suite, offer warmth and quiet comfort to welcome you. Each is uniquely decorated with period furnishings and a wide variety of traditional and modern amenities. All rooms have private baths, cable TV/DVD, phones, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards, and clock radios. Terry lined robes are available and English toiletries are provided. Many rooms have a two-person Jacuzzi and/or balcony; most have wood burning, gas or electric fireplaces. The inn is air conditioned and provides free WiFi.
- # Rooms: 22
- Beds: Twin, Double, Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Featherbeds, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Whirlpool or Jacuzzi, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards
- Entertainment: Cable TV , DVD/Blu-Ray Players, Video Library
- Internet Services: Wired, Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite
- Inn Amenities: Pool, Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, GLBT Friendly, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, Pub/tavern on Site, Wine/Spirits available
- Location Type: Rural, Mountains, Waterfront, Waterview, Small Town/Village
Weddings & Events
The picturesque village of Jackson, known for the scenic White Mountains, cascading waterfalls, and the historic red covered bridge, named the “Honeymoon Bridge”, is the ideal romantic setting for your engagement, intimate wedding, elopement or honeymoon. Staff at the Inn at Ellis River are delighted to arrange the perfect romantic event for you. The Inn offers packages from which to choose, or we will help you design a romantic event especially for you. Just give us a call and we will be happy to help you with your plans!
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 20-49
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Ceremony, Receptions, Bridal Luncheon, Elopement