Black Star Farms is a unique agricultural destination that features two winery production facilities with adjacent tasting rooms, a distillery, inn, and equestrian facility. Our winery and distillery produce some of the most sought after and awarded Michigan wines and spirits. Our luxurious Michigan inn is the perfect place to host private special events including weddings, corporate retreats, and family celebrations. Casual and upscale farmstead cuisine are available seasonally at Hearth and Vine and the inn. Nearby, visit the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, voted the Most Beautiful Place in America by viewers of ABC's Good Morning America.
Select Registry member since 2003
- Minimum Stay Required: Weekends
- Inkeepers Pets: Outside Only
- Pet Friendly: No
- Smoking Policy: Outside Only
- Family Friendly: Over 12
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Wine/Spirits available
Food & Wine
Breakfast is a not to be forgotten gourmet experience with fresh fruit, juices, homemade baked goods and granola, an incredible hot entree, and, of course, tea and locally roasted coffee. Combine this with an afternoon snack and a pre-dinner wine and hors d'oeuvre reception for a day that is deliciously complete. Artfully prepared dinners are available seasonally at our onsite Hearth and Vine restaurant.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea, Evening Cocktails, Complimentary Evening Hors d'oeuvres, Picnics Available
- Alcohol Permits: Wine
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: Open to the public
Rooms & Suites
We have ten contemporary guest rooms named for various stars in the Northern galaxy. Each has its own private bath, some have fireplaces or spa tubs. Rooms are outfitted with fine furniture and designer fabrics. The beds are made with luxurious linens and down comforters. Both down and synthetic pillows abound for your comfort.A complimentary bottle of our "Red House" wine awaits your arrival. We have cozy robes and feature Aveda toiletries and a hairdryer in each bathroom. All guest rooms have phones and satellite TV. Irons and ironing boards are available.
Guests are invited to use our sunning decks. You may reserve the sauna room for your private use, and you can also book a relaxing massage. The Pegasus bar welcomes you for pre-dinner hors d'oeuvres and our own wine. The adjacent library boasts books, magazines, board games, puzzles, and a game table for a hand of cards.
Our 160 acres of orchards, vineyards, and wooded trails are yours to explore by foot, cycle, x-country ski, or snowshoe. Our stables and riding trails are available to guests who bring their own horses.
- Accommodations: Apartment, Efficiency, Suites
- # Rooms: 10
- Beds: Twin, Double, Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Bathrobes, Fireplaces, Full Kitchen, Hair dryers, Private Entrance, Refrigerators, Rollaway Available, Telephones, Whirlpool or Jacuzzi, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards, Microwaves
- Entertainment: Cable TV , iPod Docking Stations
- Safes: Front Desk
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, GLBT Friendly, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, Limited Spa Services, Dedicated Spa Facilities, Restaurant on Site, Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station, Concierge Services, Wine/Spirits available
- Location Type: Rural, Ranch/Farm, Small Town/Village
Weddings & Events
Weddings do require planning. That's where we come in. Black Star Farms gives seasoned advice, creative suggestions, and a helping hand through the complete process. We provide:
Outdoor or indoor ceremony and reception sites, chairs and tables for indoor use for up to 140 guests, 16x16 dance floor
On-site event facilitator to help you create the event of your dreams
Assistance in finding appropriate vendors - we can recommend the very best that Northern Michigan has to offer while keeping your budget in mind
Full event coordination - we wil be present during your event to help facilitate vendors, assist with your guests, and troubleshoot so that you can enjoy your celebration
Creation of an extensive time-line and itinerary for your guests
We are always available to you from the day you make your commitment to us
Contact Event Coordinator, Stephanie Lee Wiitala at 231-944-1258 or email@example.com to book a site visit, or to discuss our many options.
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 100-199
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Ceremony, Receptions, Rehearsal Dinner, Bridal Luncheon, Elopement
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
You are welcome to host your event at our unique property, Black Star Farms. Whether you are planning a meeting, a small gathering or a big celebration, we have the venue at our Suttons Bay farm to fit your needs.The Inn boasts a large colonnaded room that can accommodate up to 130 for sit-down dining. Plus, a dance floor can be added. The Inn also has large reception spaces both indoors and out.
Our Tasting Room is available for private after-hours functions and can host your group from 8 to 80.
Hearth & Vine, our vineyard cafe, can also be selected for your group's pleasure, especially during the late autumn to late spring months while the cafe is not open to the public. It seats 22 inside and also has a large flagstone patio for outdoor seating if the weather allows. Its wood-fired oven makes this a welcoming spot.
Planning a small gathering in Traverse City? Our Tasting Room - TASTES - in the Mercato at the Village of Grand Traverse Commons is also an available venue. With a capacity of 50 and sit-down space for 18, this casual spot might be just what you're looking for. Or, you could choose our Old Mission Tasting Room for groups up to 50.
Our professional staff will walk you through every step, including the decor, the caterer, and all the small details. Custom labeled wine makes any celebration more festive.
Set up a site visit and discover what our past hosts have experienced: Black Star Farms is truly an Agricultural Destination where people feel comfortable and at home, yet luxurious and pampered. We take pride in delivering services above and beyond your expectations. There is a difference. We'll show you what it is.
You provide the dream...we make it a reality!
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
- Meeting Amenities: Onsite Catering
- Meeting Types: Business Meeting, Retreats, Social