The Inn at 400 West High is not your typical Bed and Breakfast. At this downtown Inn in historic Charlottesville VA, set aside your preconceived notions of a B&B stay and prepare to relax in contemporary comfort: no creaky antique beds, creepy china dolls, or dusty fringed lamps in sight! Instead, look forward to bright spaces, carefully curated art (much of it by local artists), and tastefully whimsical modern décor.
Charlottesville Virginia's newest downtown Inn opened it’s doors in September 2011 and has welcomed a steady stream of the most delightful guests ever since. With four luxurious guest rooms and a small apartment (for overnight or longer-term stays) available, there is an intimate atmosphere to the Inn. No need to worry about tripping over your fellow guests: each room has a private bathroom and all but one have private exterior entrances.
Breakfast is served in the open, light-filled Gathering Room. Choose your seat at the café tables and eat your fill of crepes, Belgian waffles, omelets, quiches, and other hot breakfast treats made right before your eyes. Don’t miss the 400 West High Breakfast Blend coffee – locally roasted right up the street – and the gluten free granola (made by a local gf baker!) with fresh fruit. The Gathering Room is also where you are invited to relax and meet the other guests and is perfect for family gatherings. Sit by the fire on a long weekend afternoon with a glass of Virginia wine, or, in the warmer months, step outside to the flower-filled hidden garden terrace and listen to the birdsong mingle with the sounds of the fountain.
The Inn at 400 West High is an escape from everyday life, a simply sumptuous destination for a getaway right in the heart of Charlottesville’s bustling downtown. With a fantastic variety of local vineyards and breweries, restaurants of all nationalities and styles, picturesque countryside, boutique shopping, musical and dramatic performances at several top-notch venues, and historic sites defining early American history, Charlottesville has something to offer nearly every visitor all year round. If, that is, you can bring yourself to leave your room!
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Laundry Facility, Wine/Spirits available
Food & Wine
We serve a full breakfast 8-9:30am each morning in the friendly, light-filled Gathering Room. Wake up with a mug of our 400 West High Breakfast Blend coffee (roasted right up the street) or hot tea, then choose your seat at the whimsical café tables.
A fruit and yogurt parfait featuring fresh fruit and locally made gluten-free granola is served for a starter, followed by a different hot breakfast specialty each day, including Belgian waffles, omelets, ebelskivers, and quiches with bacon or sausage and biscuits or muffins on the side.
We are very happy to accommodate other dietary restrictions as well, please let us know when you make your reservation, so we can be prepared.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables, Flexible Times
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Beverages, Complimentary Snacks, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea, Picnics Available
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: No
- Pub/Tavern on Premises: No
Rooms & Suites
The Inn at 400 West High offers five delightful rooms, each with elegant decor and private bathrooms. These are rooms you will look forward to returning to whether you are spending the afternoon at the vineyards, shopping downtown, enjoying the company of friends or your UVA student, or hiking in Shenandoah National Park. Our mattresses are divine and our sheets are luxurious. Each room has a selection of reading material, tv and blu-ray player, and comfortable seating. Most rooms have private entrances.
- Accommodations: Apartment, Efficiency, Suites
- # Rooms: 5
- Beds: Twin, Double, Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Bathrobes, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Private Deck, Private Entrance, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards, Laundry Facility
- Entertainment: Cable TV , DVD/Blu-Ray Players, Video Library
- Safes: In-Room, Front Desk
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
We would love to help you design your trip. Virginia is beautiful and Charlottesville is spectacular! Let us help you plan your wine tours, decide which restaurants will suit your taste, and where to find a casual downtown stroll or a strenuous Shenandoah National Park Hike! We will be happy to secure your Monticello or Montpelier tickets and tell you what to do on your way there and back! Ask us!
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: No
- Front Desk/Security: 24 hr
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Laundry Facility, GLBT Friendly, Wine/Spirits available
- Location Type: City/Metro, Small Town/Village
- Minimum Stay Required: Weekends, Holidays, Peak Season
- Pet Friendly: No
- Smoking Policy: Smoke-Free
- Family Friendly: Over 12
Weddings & Events
The Inn at 400 West High is the perfect place to prepare for your wedding. We regularly host Bridal Parties and are happy to discuss your rental of the entire Inn for family groups or friends. Our elegant and light-filled rooms and gardens provide lovely backdrops for bridal photos and the Gathering Room is a wonderful place to spread out and relax in the hours before the ceremony and a haven to return to when the party is over.
We are always honored to be included as a lodging recommendation for weddings in the Charlottesville area.
The Gathering Room and gardens at the Inn are available for small elopements/wedding ceremonies for guests. We have hosted several beautiful elopements and weddings and are happy to work with you to arrange the intimate event of your dreams. Contact us for information!
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 1-19
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Ceremony, Receptions, Bridal Luncheon, Elopement
- Wedding Services & Amenities: Photographer, Decorator
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor
Business Travel & Events
Our Gathering Room is a venue for small retreats and meetings. You can add on snacks and beverages if desired. Contact us for more information on how we can accommodate your group.
- Reception Seating: 15
- Max Capacity Outdoor: 20
- Total Meeting Rooms: 1
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor
- Meeting Types: Business Meeting, Retreats, Social