The Historic Smithton Inn is a charming, historic property that was originally a tavern / stage coach stop built in 1763. The location of this Pennsylvania bed and breakfast offers terrific accessibility for guests to explore all the wonderful and diverse attractions throughout Lancaster County. Just about everything that guests want to visit during their Amish Country vacation is within 20 minutes or less... via either main roads or back roads, you choose!Every large, comfortable guest room combines the historic charm of a working fireplace, locally crafted furniture and hand-sewn quilt with modern amenities like a flat-screen TV/DVD player, wireless internet access and individual climate control. The towels are plush and the bedding is oh-so-wonderful!
Breakfast each morning is a real treat. Everything is homemade including a signature granola blend, muffins, and breads. Fresh fruit and a hot plated meal are served daily, typically alternating between a sweet dish one day and a savory one the next. Because we're located in a thriving farming community, the majority of our ingredients are locally grown or made, including wonderful jams and sausages. And no worries if you have dietary constraints, just let us know ahead of time so we can be sure to have the ingredients we need.
Accommodations are suited to both leisure or business travelers. We have one suite that is pet/child friendly.
The innkeepers are happy to help with advice and suggestions for exploring the area. We can help you book tours, mark up maps, find hidden gems and eat at wonderful restaurants... OR... we can stay out of your way an allow you to simply enjoy our lovely grounds, your charming room and our 400+ DVD collection.
Select Registry member since 2014
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Wine/Spirits available
Food & Wine
- Meals Offered: Breakfast
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
Rooms & Suites
All guestrooms and suites at the Historic Smithton Inn have flat screen TV/DVD players, with access to a 400+ DVD collection, including every Academy Award Winning "Best Picture" from 1976 - the present (we have award winners before then too, we just loose sequential order!). Rooms also have wireless internet access, digital "Atomic" alarm clocks, desktop charging stations with USB ports, desks and working fire places. Amenities like luxurious sheets, towels and spa bath robes, and complimentary snacks and bottled water are all appreciated by our guests.
- Accommodations: Efficiency, Suites
- # Rooms: x
- Beds: Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Private Deck, Refrigerators, Rollaway Available, Whirlpool or Jacuzzi, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards, Microwaves
- Entertainment: Video Library
- Safes: In-Room, Front Desk
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, GLBT Friendly, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station, Wine/Spirits available
- Location Type: Small Town/Village
- Inkeepers Pets: Inside
- Pet Friendly: Yes
- Smoking Policy: Outside Only
- Family Friendly: Yes
Weddings & Events
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
The Historic Smithton Inn is a unique venue for small business meetings, executive retreats, small parties, or large outdoor events. Contact Rebecca at 717-733-6094 to discuss your event and see if it's a good fit for our facility... and if not, we're happy to help you find a meeting facility nearby while your group stays with us!
- Max Capacity Outdoor: 100
- Max Capacity Theater: 28
- Max Capacity Classroom: 16
- Max Capacity Boardroom: 14
- Business Travel & Events Max Capacity: 50
- Total Meeting Rooms: x
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor