Enjoy the charm of Southern Vermont hospitality and the unique character of the renovated and updated 1790 house and 1830 Inn. Mariah Macfarlane, a local resident, uses her combination of good humor and classical chef training to create a wonderful experience for each guest. Guest rooms are available in the 1790 house, Main House, and Farm House. Each of the rooms offers luxury linens and spa-quality amenities.
- Minimum Stay Required: Weekends, Holidays
- Inkeepers Pets: Outside Only
- Pet Friendly: No
- Smoking Policy: Smoke-Free
- Family Friendly: Yes
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Wine/Spirits available
- Member Since: 2014
Food & Wine
General Manager Mariah Macfarlane returns to her roots at Hill Farm. After waiting tables as a young actress in New York, studying at the Ritz Escoffier in France, and serving as private chef in wonderful places like Fishers Island, Aspen, and Jackson Hole, she brings her warm, graceful, and talented persona to the inn. Breakfasts are delightful. Small Plates at Pub Nights celebrate the seasons. Intimate dinners and parties catered in-house are exquisite and comforting all at once.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables, Communal, Flexible Times
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine, Spirits
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Pub/Tavern on Premises: Limited to overnight guests
Rooms & Suites
The Hill Farm Inn has a rich history. The Hill family owned and farmed this property for over 200 years and began to invite paying guests into their home over 100 years ago. The property is a local landmark and almost anyone you meet in the community has a personal story to tell about the Inn. Many of the Inn’s guests have been coming here for years, if not generations. The main Inn was built in 1830, and the 1790 House (the original home) was built in 1790. Both were in need of some restoration when Don and Anne Pollard purchased the property in 2012.
The Pollards worked closely with Manchester-based Architect and Decorator team of David and Nina Mooney and a team of local master craftsmen to retain the unique character of the Hill Farm Inn as a comfortable place to stay and relax, while improving its finishes and energy efficiency.
The property offers guest accommodations in three buildings; the main house, the Farmhouse (a freestanding single rental that sleeps up to eight with a full kitchen) and the 1790 house. All twelve rooms are elegant and cozy at once; think custom marble baths, down pillows and comforters, Franklin stoves, and gorgeous views of the property, valley, and mountains.
- Accommodations: Cottages, Suites, Adjoining rooms/suites
- # Rooms: 12
- Beds: Twin, Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Hair dryers, Rollaway Available, Telephones
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Business Hours
- Inn Amenities: Pool, Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Laundry/Dry Cleaning Services, GLBT Friendly, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, Pub/tavern on Site, Wine/Spirits available
- Location Type: Rural, Mountains, Small Town/Village
Weddings & Events
The inn and grounds may be reserved in their entirety, for an entire weekend with lodging available in the Main Inn, 1790 House, and Farm House. From our cozy pub to our covered porches, your guests will have plenty of room to relax, recharge, or get together. Indoor event spaces include the dining room, which seats thirty, and our Unity Barn, which accommodates up to one hundred. To produce your event, we can recommend a complete list of talented wedding professionals – planners, florists, photographers, musicians, and more. While you’re here, you’re in good hands. Mariah and staff will make sure your celebration is remarkable, memorable, and everything you have imagined.
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 100-199
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Ceremony, Receptions, Rehearsal Dinner, Bridal Luncheon, Elopement
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
Within driving distance of New York City, Hartford, and Boston, the inn and campus are an ideal venue for your next board meeting, executive retreat or strategic planning session. Whether you’re looking for a daytime event or an overnight retreat, our team of hosts and planners will work with you, side by side, to create an event program that not only meets your needs but helps to achieve your vision.
Customized for every client, event menus, meeting spaces, and supporting activities are configured to support your mission. Plus, the campus provides lodging options for as many as 36 overnight guests in a variety of renovated rooms and suites.
There’s something about our special place in Vermont where worries fade, the mind grows quiet, and big ideas are born. You’ll sleep well, dine well, and feel inspired. That, we guarantee.
- Banquet Seating: 20-75
- Reception Seating: 10-100
- Max Capacity Outdoor: 200
- Max Capacity Theater: 10-75
- Max Capacity Classroom: 10-35
- Max Capacity Boardroom: 10-75
- Total Meeting Rooms: 3
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor
- Meeting Amenities: Dedicated Conference Center, Onsite Catering
- Meeting Types: Business Meeting, Retreats, Social