Tucked away on fifty picture-perfect acres, this boutique inn and retreat offers a collection of impeccably renovated guest rooms and cottages for an authentic, upscale Vermont escape. Distinguished by thoughtful details, luxurious amenities, and stunning valley views, with on-site opportunities in every season; stroll the River Loop, lounge poolside, or stargaze by the outdoor fire. Relax on one of the inn’s rambling porches. Begin your day with a farm to table breakfast in the cheerful dining room. End with a crisp cocktail from the Battenkill Pub. In between, discover our beckoning mountains, play a round of world class golf, or explore southern Vermont’s charming towns and villages.
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Wine/Spirits available
- Member Since: 2014
- Minimum Stay Required: Weekends, Holidays
- Inkeepers Pets: Outside Only
- Pet Friendly: No
- Smoking Policy: Smoke-Free
- Family Friendly: Yes
Food & Wine
Whether it’s our everyday breakfast or a special occasion, dining at the inn is a celebration. Of classic cuisine. Of Vermont’s bountiful seasons. And we’re honored to share it with you.
Breakfast at the inn is an old-fashioned meal. Classic dishes made with love and executed with a degree of perfection. A flawless French omelette. An unforgettable crepe. A soft English Muffin piled high with farm eggs, local bacon, and Grafton Cheddar. Low and Slow granola with organic seeds, coconut, and pure Vermont maple syrup. So good you may skip lunch!
- Meals Offered: Breakfast
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables, Communal, Flexible Times
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine, Spirits
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Pub/Tavern on Premises: Limited to overnight guests
Rooms & Suites
The Hill Farm Inn has a rich history. The Hill family owned and farmed this property for over 200 years and began to invite paying guests into their home over 100 years ago. The property is a local landmark and almost anyone you meet in the community has a personal story to tell about the Inn. Many of the Inn’s guests have been coming here for years, if not generations. The main Inn was built in 1830, and the 1790 House (the original home) was built in 1790. The entire campus was in need of restoration when Don and Anne Pollard purchased the property in 2012.
The Pollards worked closely with Manchester-based Architect and Decorator team of David and Nina Mooney and a team of local master craftsmen to retain the unique character of the Hill Farm Inn as a comfortable place to stay and relax, while improving its finishes and efficiency.
The property offers guest accommodations in three buildings; the main house, the Farmhouse (a freestanding single rental that sleeps up to eight with a full kitchen) and the 1790 house. All twelve rooms are elegant and cozy at once; think custom marble baths, down pillows and comforters, Franklin stoves, and gorgeous views of the property, valley, and mountains.
- Accommodations: Cottages, Suites, Adjoining rooms/suites
- # Rooms: 12
- Beds: Twin, Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Hair dryers, Rollaway Available, Telephones
- Entertainment: Cable TV
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Business Hours
- Inn Amenities: Fitness Center , Pool, Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Laundry/Dry Cleaning Services, GLBT Friendly, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, Pub/tavern on Site, Wine/Spirits available, Concierge Services
- Location Type: Rural, Mountains, Small Town/Village
Weddings & Events
The inn and grounds may be reserved in their entirety, for an entire weekend with lodging available in the Main Inn, 1790 House, and Farm House. From our cozy pub to our covered porches, your guests will have plenty of room to relax, recharge, or get together. Indoor event spaces include the dining room, which seats thirty, and our Unity Barn, which accommodates up to one hundred. To produce your event, we can recommend a complete list of talented wedding professionals – planners, florists, photographers, musicians, and more. While you’re here, you’re in good hands. Our staff will make sure your celebration is remarkable, memorable, and everything you have imagined.
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 100-199
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Ceremony, Receptions, Rehearsal Dinner, Bridal Luncheon, Elopement
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
Within driving distance of New York City, Hartford, and Boston, the inn and campus are an ideal venue for your next board meeting, executive retreat or strategic planning session. Whether you’re looking for a daytime event or an overnight retreat, our team of hosts and planners will work with you, side by side, to create an event program that not only meets your needs but helps to achieve your vision.
Customized for every client, event menus, meeting spaces, and supporting activities are configured to support your mission. Plus, the campus provides lodging options for as many as 36 overnight guests in a variety of renovated rooms and suites.
There’s something about our special place in Vermont where worries fade, the mind grows quiet, and big ideas are born. You’ll sleep well, dine well, and feel inspired. That, we guarantee.
- Banquet Seating: 20-75
- Reception Seating: 10-100
- Max Capacity Outdoor: 200
- Max Capacity Theater: 10-75
- Max Capacity Classroom: 10-35
- Max Capacity Boardroom: 10-75
- Total Meeting Rooms: 3
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor
- Meeting Amenities: Dedicated Conference Center, Onsite Catering
- Meeting Types: Business Meeting, Retreats, Social