Hawthorn Inn, just steps from downtown Camden, Maine and its scenic harbor, is an 1894 Queen Anne-style Victorian mansion situated on 1.2 acres of lawn and beautiful gardens. With its spacious rooms, beautiful decor, soaking or deep whirlpool tubs, gas fireplaces, private decks, and harbor views, Hawthorn Inn is the ideal place for your Maine romantic getaway. Explore local outdoor adventures such as schooner sails, lobster boat tours, kayaking, hiking, skiing and much more!
- Minimum Stay Required: Peak Season
- Pet Friendly: No
- Smoking Policy: Smoke-Free
- Family Friendly: Yes
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Wine/Spirits available
Food & Wine
We use fresh and sustainable foods locally and seasonally grown in our cooking. We buy organic when possible. In season we grow our own herbs, edible flowers and other garnishes, and some greens. A number of our local farmer friends are kind enough to deliver their specific food product(s) to us. in season.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables, Communal, Set Times
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Beverages, Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Snacks, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine, Spirits
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: No
- Pub/Tavern on Premises: No
Rooms & Suites
The Inn has 10 spacious and beautifully appointed guest suites and rooms; six rooms are in the Main House and four in the Carriage House. All rooms have private baths; four in the Carriage House have two-person Jacuzzi tubs, and two in the Main House have claw-foot Victorian soaking tubs.
- Accommodations: Efficiency, Suites
- # Rooms: 10
- Beds: Twin, Double, Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Private Deck, Refrigerators, Telephones, Whirlpool or Jacuzzi, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards
- Entertainment: DVD/Blu-Ray Players, Music Library, Video Library
We are happy to help you plan your stay in Camden and the midcoast.
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, GLBT Friendly, Limited Spa Services, National Historic Registry, Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station, Wine/Spirits available, Concierge Services
- Location Type: Coastal, Small Town/Village
Weddings & Events
The Hawthorn can help plan your wedding, including officiate, catering, flowers, and cake. We have relationships with local vendors and will put you in contact with them so that you can get exactly you want. We are happy to do the coordination among the vendors. The Hawthorn Inn is best suited for small intimate weddings (less than 20 indoors, less than 50 outdoors) and elopements.
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 20-49
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Ceremony, Receptions, Rehearsal Dinner, Bridal Luncheon, Elopement
- Wedding Services & Amenities: Officiant, Caterer, Florist
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
The Hawthorn Inn is well-suited for small meetings, team building sessions and retreats. There are three common rooms that can be closed off for break out rooms and meetings. The dining room has seating for 18 around 2 large tables. Additional tables can be set up in the library when needed for additional dining capacity. The living room and library is a large open floor plan with lots of comfortable seating for a small party such as baby or bridal shower. It would also be a comfortable meeting space for a corporate retreat.
- Banquet Seating: 25
- Reception Seating: 25
- Business Travel & Events Max Capacity: 25
- Total Rooms Sq Footage: 675
- Total Meeting Rooms: 3
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor
- Meeting Types: Business Meeting, Retreats