Yankee Magazine’s Editors have named The Hancock Inn the best historic New Hampshire inn of New England in their 2014 travel awards issue. Since 1789, this charming property has offered “Food for the Hungry, Drink for the Thirsty and Rest for the Weary”. The interior design reflects period charm with modern amenities carefully integrated to provide a relaxing, home-away-from-home stay.
Set in a quintessential New England village – the town green with a bandstand, a Meeting house with a white-steeple in which hangs a bell cast by Paul Revere to ring in the hour, the Hancock Market and Fiddlehead’s Café across the street providing local conveniences, cuisine & color, a pond for swimming, kayaking or ice skating at one end and an apple orchard at the other – and surrounded by rolling hills laced with clear ponds and streams and the majestic Mount Monadnock, the inn serves as a convenient base for a wide range of excursions.
The Monadnock region is home to many artists, making ours a wonderful destination for summer stock theater, open studio tours, concerts, antiquing and unique shopping. Unspoiled yet easily accessible, the Hancock Inn, and it’s restaurant which is a benchmark for the region, is a perfect get-away.
Select Registry member since 1971
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Wine/Spirits available
- Inkeepers Pets: Inside
- Pet Friendly: Limited
- Smoking Policy: Outside Only
- Family Friendly: Yes
Food & Wine
We celebrate New England’s seasons with menus that star our community’s food producers. Dinner variously features lamb from Hancock’s Weston Family Farm, beef from Hancock’s Monadnock Beef and Bison, veal from Auger Farm in nearby Acworth and goat cheese from, our neighbor, Main Street Cheese. And we are proudly in our second season of harvesting berries, herbs and vegetables from the inn’s own raised bed gardens. Our hearty breakfast includes Hancock’s own pasture-raised eggs, maple syrup, apples & blueberries and coffee roasted in small batches just one town away, across the covered bridge. We don’t use these foods because they are trendy, but because we believe that our community is made stronger by healthy, top-quality, ecologically minded food that it produces. And did we mention fresh is delicious! Tradition is also part of the celebration on the Inn’s tables. Our signature dishes, Shaker Cranberry Pot Roast, Crabcake and Flourless Chocolate Torte with Blackberry Cabernet Sorbet are available year-round.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast, Dinner
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine, Spirits
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
Rooms & Suites
The 13 rooms and 1 suite at The Hancock Inn have been lovingly refurbished using a mixture of antiques and reproduction furniture appropriate to a 225 year old building. Each room is named after a person relevant to the history of the inn and has a personality all its own, so a visit to our website to view them is encouraged! Every room has a private bath (outfitted with hairdryer, luxury Roam toiletries and 2 bathrobes), air conditioning, free landline phone service, television with built in dvd player and free Wi-Fi internet access. Relax in your room or enjoy the common spaces of the inn to read, play a game or sit by the fire when it’s cold outside. When the temperatures are warm you might choose to rock on the porch or play a game of croquet in the back yard. Make yourself at home at The Hancock Inn.
- Accommodations: Suites
- # Rooms: 14
- Beds: Twin, Double, Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Telephones, Whirlpool or Jacuzzi, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards
- Entertainment: Cable TV , DVD/Blu-Ray Players, Video Library
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, GLBT Friendly, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, Restaurant on Site, Pub/tavern on Site, National Historic Registry, Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station, Wine/Spirits available
- Location Type: Rural, Mountains, Small Town/Village
Weddings & Events
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 50-99
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Ceremony, Receptions, Rehearsal Dinner, Bridal Luncheon, Elopement
- Wedding Services & Amenities: Wedding Planner, Caterer
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor