Hamanassett is a grand 1856 English Country house which sits on 7 acres in the Brandywine Valley. Let us help you plan your Pennsylvania visit. We are near all major attractions such as Winterthur, Longwood Gardens, Nemours, Hagley, and the Brandywine River Museum. Philadelphia and Wilmington, De., are each only a 30 minute drive and we are an hour's drive from Lancaster County known as Amish Country. We are also near universities such as Swarthmore, Villanova, Bryn Mawr, and Haverford. We may not be as close as other Pennsylvania bed and breakfasts in the area but we think our seclusion and peacefulness make it worth driving an extra 10 minutes.There are five spacious bedrooms and two suites with either a king or queen bed at our bed and breakfast near Chadds Ford, West Chester, and Media. All rooms have large private attached baths. For those traveling with young children age 6 and up or who just desire more privacy, there are two 2-story two bedrooms fully equipped houses which are also available for short term as well as long term bookings... Both cottages and one room in the main house are dog-friendly. Picture yourself sitting on the front porch and watching the horses grazing in the meadow or enjoying the sound of the waterfall cascading into the pond stocked with koi or watching deer or foxes run by. Please note, we are actually in the little borough of Chester Heights which is 4 miles north of Chadds Ford. Hamanassett is the way your getaway should be.
Select Registry member since 2005
See our web site for all policies. https://www.hamanassett.com/policies.html
- Minimum Stay Required: Weekends, Holidays, Peak Season
- Inkeepers Pets: Inside
- Pet Friendly: Limited
- Smoking Policy: Outside Only
- Family Friendly: Yes, Over 6
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property
Food & Wine
Breakfast served in the formal dining room or on the terrace when whether permits. Full breakfast served from 8:30 - 9:30 Monday through Saturday and 9-10 on Sunday. Most dietary restrictions met with 24 hour notice.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Communal, Flexible Times
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Beverages, Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Snacks, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea, Evening Cocktails, Complimentary Warm Cookies before bed, Picnics Available
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: No
- Pub/Tavern on Premises: No
Rooms & Suites
All bedrooms are on the second or third floor and have either king or queen beds and have private attached bathrooms. No elevator. The Inverness and Windsor rooms have private balconies. Every room has a flat screen television that is at least 21 inches with DVD player (there is a large library of movies in the billiard room from which to select), a clock radio and IPod docking station, coffee makers with all supplies, robes, hair drier, and Gilchrist and Soames bath amenities. The Cambridge in the main house is dog friendly. Both the Meadow Cottage and Carriage House are child and dog friendly. Free WIFI is available all over the entire property. Picture yourself sitting out on the front porch listening to the waterfall while you work on your computer. There is also a guest pantry on the second floor that has a refrigerator, ice machine. Keurig coffee maker, and tea kettle. All supplies as well as soft drinks and juices and snacks are available 24 hours a day. We also bake fresh cookies for the cookie jar each day.
- Accommodations: Cottages, Suites
- # Rooms: 7 rooms and two two 2 bedroom 2 bath cottages that are dog and child friendly.
- Beds: Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Fireplaces, Full Kitchen, Hair dryers, Private Deck, Private Entrance, Refrigerators, Rollaway Available, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards
- Entertainment: Cable TV , CD Players, DVD/Blu-Ray Players, iPod Docking Stations, Music Library, Video Library
- Safes: Front Desk
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
Concierge service for restaurant reservations. Discounted tickets to Longwood Gardens.
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, GLBT Friendly, Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station, Wine/Spirits available, Concierge Services
- Location Type: Suburban, Rural
Weddings & Events
Small wedding up to 20 people and elopements and vow renewals.
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 1-19
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Ceremony, Receptions, Elopement
- Wedding Services & Amenities: Wedding Planner, Caterer, Florist, Photographer
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
Up to 15 people. Please call to discuss needs.
- Banquet Seating: 16
- Reception Seating: 16
- Max Capacity Outdoor: 20
- Total Meeting Rooms: 3
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
- Meeting Amenities: Onsite Catering
- Meeting Types: Business Meeting, Retreats, Social