Glenlaurel, "the premier romantic getaway in the midwest," is a wee bit o'Scottish highlands in the heart of Ohio's Hocking Hills.Our luxury inn offers bed and breakfast hospitality in an atmosphere of effortless, old-world elegance. Glenlaurel's 140-acre estate is home to 20 inviting accommodations that range from richly-appointed rooms and suites to secluded and romantic crofts (small cabins) and cottages.
This peaceful sanctuary boasts:
• Gourmet restaurant, offering six and seven-course fine dining
• Three private hiking trails with waterfalls and scenic gorge
• Scottish Links golf course with sand greens, sand tees, and hickory shaft clubs
• An on-site pub with full service bar and social hour
• Relaxing spa services including massage and facials
• Private hot tubs, whirlpool tub, and gas log fireplaces
• Complimentary full three-course gourmet breakfasts
• Housemade Scottish shortbread in every room
Our secluded, adults-only resort is tranquil and inviting - lending itself as the perfect location for a range of events from intimate elopements to studious board meetings and business conferences.
We're the perfect destination for:
• Anniversaries, Elopements, and Newlyweds
• Solo travelers
• Girlfriend Getaways
• Active Seniors
• Writers Escapes
• Corporate retreats
Experience the magic and wisdom of Scotland that makes all your get-togethers at Glenlaurel so memorable.
Call guest services to reserve your escape today - relaxation awaits!
Select Registry member since 1998
- Minimum Stay Required: Weekends
- Inkeepers Pets: Inside
- Pet Friendly: No
- Smoking Policy: Smoke-Free
- Family Friendly: No
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Wine/Spirits available
Food & Wine
Dining at Glenlaurel is an experience to remember. Glenlaurel's gourmet dining is legendary for its Sottish flair, quality ingredients, and first-class service.
Thankfully, dining at Glenlaurel is more than an afterthought. Menus at our restaurant are prepared daily with seasonal ingredients that build on the foundation of our nightly featured entrée with a six-course prix fixe menu served Sunday to Friday and seven-courses on Saturday.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Breakfast: Complimentary, Available for additional charge
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables, Set Times
- Breakfast Service: Continental, Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Beverages, Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Snacks, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea, Evening Cocktails, Complimentary Evening Hors d'oeuvres, Picnics Available
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine, Spirits
- Restaurant on Premises: Limited to overnight guests, Open to the public
- Pub/Tavern on Premises: Limited to overnight guests
Rooms & Suites
Guests find the wonderfully appointed rooms, suites, crofts and cottages of our Hocking Hills resort of the finest quality. Glenlaurel provides an extra level of comfort with refined décor and spaciousness, for the sophisticated traveler who wants the best. We strive to meet and exceed all your expectations!
All guest accommodations include lively furnishings that are sure to welcome you…and encourage romantic interludes. All of our luxurious accommodations were designed with you in mind!
- Accommodations: Cottages, Suites
- # Rooms: 20
- Beds: Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Private Deck, Private Entrance, Refrigerators, Telephones, Whirlpool or Jacuzzi, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards, Microwaves
- Entertainment: CD Players, DVD/Blu-Ray Players, Music Library, Video Library
- Handicap Accessible: Full ADA
Our Hocking Hills lodging has lively furnishings that are sure to welcome you...sure to encourage romantic interludes. Glenlaurel is an idyllic setting for just the two of you...children are seldom seen, but often created. Obviously, your room was designed with romance in mind.
Most accommodations have the following amenities:
• Beautiful hand-carved mantels*
• Private decks*
• Secluded all-season hot tubs or in-room whirlpool tubs
• Private bathrooms
• Gas log fireplaces or Franklin stoves*
• Luxurious bathrobes for in-house use
• Queen or king sleigh beds*
• Hair dryers
• Famous Glenlaurel shortbread, snacks, and beverages
• Central Air and ceiling fans
• Imported L'Occitanie bath amenities
• Entertainment center with Flat Screen TV & Blu-Ray Player (no network TV)
• CD’s and CD player
• Iron & ironing board
• Kitchenette with microwave, small refrigerator, coffee maker & toaster*
• Private decks*
• Screened porch*
*Some of our lodging amenities may vary according to room selection.
On-property amenities for all guests to enjoy:
• Tesla charging station located next to the Carriage House
• On-site gift shop with locally featured gifts, crafts, and snacks
• On-site pub with nightly social hour
• Bon fire areas (perfect for star gazing)
• Private hiking trails on 140-acres, complete with picnic tables, benches, and water falls
• Bocce ball court
• Croquet court
• Complimentary 24-hour Keurig machine, electric tea kettle and tea available in the Manor House
• Over 450 DVD's available at no extra cost to guests
• Library with books and games
• Scottish Links Golf Course reserved exclusively for guests*
• On-site helicopter pad
• In-room spa services*
*Extra charges apply
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite, Business Hours
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, Limited Spa Services, Restaurant on Site, Pub/tavern on Site, Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station, Wine/Spirits available
- Location Type: Rural
Weddings & Events
Glenlaurel is an idyllic setting for romantics and the perfect venue for intimate Hocking Hills weddings. We would love to help you create a day of relaxed celebration, centered on an intimate ceremony of commitment between two loving companions into the next chapter of their lives.
Located on a ridge overlooking our enchanting Camusfearna Gorge, the old world Manor House may be the perfect setting for your day of celebration--now and into the future. Not only do we invite you to be married here on the grounds, but we also invite you to return year after year as members of our Anniversary Club honoring your commitment to each other. When you do, you will join many other couples who annually return to "the home place."
Whether you are looking to elope or have an intimate wedding and honeymoon, Glenlaurel is the perfect setting for your intimate wedding ceremony for two.
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 1-19
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Ceremony, Elopement
- Wedding Services & Amenities: Officiant
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor
Business Travel & Events
Meetings, Retreats, and Special Occasions...Let our lodging in Hocking Hills, Ohio be the place for your next event. Plan your next corporate retreat, business meeting, or award dinner at Glenlaurel Inn and enjoy affordable luxury among picturesque views of Hocking Hills.
We specialize in small corporate retreats and business meetings (the inn is well suited for groups up to 25) where personalized service and attention to detail is number one on our list.
Gather your staff and colleagues for a relaxing and rejuvenating Hocking Hills retreat. The old-world elegance of the Inn and the secluded, peaceful setting are ideal to promote clarity of mind and productive thinking as well as energize the whole team.
Our Hocking Hills lodges amenities and facilities include:
• Fine dining restaurant
• Multi-course meals specifically tailored to your groups needs
• Scottish Links Golf course
• Private hiking trails and secluded gorge
• Close proximity to state parks, zip line, horseback riding, and ATV trails
• Afternoon tea
• Spa services
- Max Capacity Boardroom: 25
- Total Meeting Rooms: 1
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor
- Meeting Amenities: Onsite Catering
- Meeting Types: Business Meeting, Retreats