A luxurious destination bed and breakfast in Virginia Wine Country, Glen Gordon Manor boasts a rich history having formerly hosted members of the British royal family for many memorable hunts and balls. Tracing its roots to 1833 as a Wells Fargo stagecoach stop, the main house brims with nostalgic settings: a fire-lit entrance hall, a baronial oak hunt room with minstrel gallery, a stone wine cellar, and a charming country kitchen. Overlooking the Shenandoah National Park from 45 acres of pasture, lawns, a sparkling pool, and gardens, guests will enjoy glorious views of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Dining at Glen Gordon Manor is truly an experience not to be missed! Your stay includes a leisurely, multi-course breakfast, and your trip would not be complete without joining us for dinner at least one night in our award-winning Houndstooth Restaurant.
Glen Gordon Manor is located in the beautiful countryside and is in local driving distance to many area attractions, wineries, shops, restaurants and various other activities.
A deposit equal to your first night’s stay is required. Should you need to cancel more than 14 days prior to arrival, your deposit will be refunded minus a $35 administration fee. If you cancel within 14 days of arrival, you deposit will be forfeited, unless we are able to rebook the room, in which case you will only be responsible for the $35 administration fee.
- Pet Friendly: No
- Family Friendly: Yes
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Pool, Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Wine/Spirits available
Food & Wine
Dining at Glen Gordon Manor is truly an experience not to be missed! As a guest of Glen Gordon Manor Your stay includes a leisurely, multi-course breakfast served in our main dining room, or if you prefer we will send breakfast to your room. We strive to procure as many ingredients from our local farmers as much as possible.
Your stay at Glen Gordon Manor would not be complete without joining us for dinner at least one night in our award-winning Houndstooth Restaurant. The restaurant is open to the public and inn guests nightly with a 7 pm dinner seating and rotating prix fixe menu prepared by Chef Dayn Smith.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast, Dinner
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables, Communal, Set Times
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Beverages, Complimentary Snacks, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea, Picnics Available, Room Service
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: Open to the public
Rooms & Suites
The Manor House Guest Rooms.
Originally built as a Wells Fargo Stage coach stop, the house was greatly expanded by the Gordon Family in the early 1920’s to serve as an aristocratic hunting lodge. The Manor house has five guest rooms and spacious public areas including the foyer, hunt room, dining room, screened in porch, terraces, and pool.
Houses two Suites with beautiful views of the paddocks and mountains. Additional amenities offered in the suites of Glencroft Cottage include an iPad with Bose speaker system for the master bed and bathrooms. The iPad offers some fun as well as great information at your fingertips: Pandora (on-line personalized music), local attractions, wineries, and restaurants, etc. Located about 100 feet from the main house it is close, yet private.
Charming 2000 square foot two bedroom, two bath, open floor plan house. Located about 100 yards and just out of sight of the manor house, Mews Cottage offers the perfect accommodations for a family, small groups, or couple that would prefer the spaciousness and privacy of their own house.
- Accommodations: Cottages, Suites
- # Rooms: 8
- Beds: Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Hair dryers, Private Entrance, Refrigerators, Ironing Boards
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wired, Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite, 24 hr
- Inn Amenities: Pool, Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Business Center, GLBT Friendly, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, Limited Spa Services, Restaurant on Site, Wine/Spirits available, Concierge Services
- Location Type: City/Metro, Rural, Mountains, Ranch/Farm
Weddings & Events
Our stunning property is the perfect romantic setting for your special day. We specialize in intimate events under 100 people, and our award-winning Chef will help you plan a memorable feast!
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 50-99
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Ceremony, Receptions, Rehearsal Dinner, Bridal Luncheon, Elopement
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor