Experience the comfort and intimate ambiance of our handsomely restored historic Adirondack hotel near Lake George, New York. Choose from 17 guestrooms, with styles ranging from rustic mountain elegance to traditional b&b, with luxurious amenities, including steam showers, jacuzzi tubs, cozy fireplaces private decks, and outdoor entrances.
Our nationally acclaimed cuisine in our Adirondack restaurant, is served daily in both our romantic fine dining room, complemented by a Wine Spectator Grand Award-winning wine list, or our casual taproom featuring regional beers. Guests are treated to a full made-to-order breakfast each morning, either in our sunny lake view dining room or delivered to your room. Swim at the beach or in our heated pool, canoe, or fish on Friends Lake. Ski, snowshoe or hike on 32 km. of trails starting at the property. Come visit us soon--we are your all-inclusive romantic getaway in the Adirondacks!
Select Registry member since 1998
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Pool, Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Wine/Spirits available
Food & Wine
One of the highlights of our Adirondack hotel is our award-winning restaurant featuring New-American cuisine that is expertly prepared using the freshest local ingredients. Guest may choose from several dining experiences, including our romantic main dining room or the more casual taproom featuring regional microbrews. For private events, our wine cellar dining room accommodates parties of up to 14, which guests enter after passing by a glass-enclosed portion of the cellar, housing a portion of the Inn's extensive wine collection. A unique and elegant atmosphere for special events!
After a good night's sleep visitors enjoy a hearty made-to-order breakfast featuring everything from locally smoked Oscar's bacon and Eggs Benedict to Cinnamon Apple Filled Sweet Potato French Toast. We look forward to welcoming you soon!
- Meals Offered: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine, Spirits
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
Rooms & Suites
Our seventeen guest rooms are individually decorated and range from warm country to more rustic, but sumptuous "Adirondack". Each of our luxurious guest rooms has its own distinct personality, yet all are equally charming. The perfect setting for an upstate New York romantic getaway! Our Adirondack, Luxury and Lodge Rooms differ in price according to amenities, but they all offer at least a queen bed or larger and private bathroom, and many include a Jacuzzi tub, balcony, and cozy fireplace.
- Accommodations: Efficiency, Suites
- # Rooms: 17
- Beds: Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Featherbeds, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Private Deck, Refrigerators, Rollaway Available, Telephones, Whirlpool or Jacuzzi, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards, Turndown Service, Laundry Service
- Entertainment: iPod Docking Stations, Video Library
- Safes: In-Room, Front Desk
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite
- Inn Amenities: Pool, Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Laundry/Dry Cleaning Services, GLBT Friendly, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, National Historic Registry, Wine/Spirits available
- Location Type: Rural, Mountains
- Inkeepers Pets: Inside
- Pet Friendly: No
- Smoking Policy: Smoke-Free
Weddings & Events
What could be more perfect than an outdoor Adirondack wedding at Friends Lake Inn? With our beautiful pond as a backdrop, an elegant enclosed tent, exquisite food and exceptional service, we have been proud to be a part of some of the most memorable wedding receptions ever on our own back lawn. We offer a variety of wedding packages which can be customized for your own special day, as well as elopement packages for those wanting a more intimate celebration.
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
Plan your next corporate retreat or business meeting at Friends Lake Inn! We offer a variety of settings tailored to the needs of your event, including from formal seminar rooms to casual living spaces and can provide all inclusive packaging for dining and activities.
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor
- Meeting Amenities: Onsite Catering
- Meeting Types: Retreats