At Foxfield Inn, guests are treated to a unique blend of luxury and ease in a warm, relaxing environment. Foxfield Inn is the perfect place to get away and enjoy a rejuvenating change of pace. Enjoy warm hospitality in a gracious and elegant country inn.
Picturesque Charlottesville VA and Albemarle County offer a lot of activities for guests to enjoy. For the history buff, visit the three President's homes: Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello, James Monroe’s Ashlawn-Highland, and James Madison’s Montpelier. If you are a wine lover, there are award-winning wineries close by Foxfield Inn. If beer is more your liking, how about sampling artisanal craft beers at the four local breweries just a short drive away. For those of you who like to hike, horseback ride, go hot air ballooning, or watch birds, you can't pick a better placde to stay than with us at Foxfield Inn as we are right in the middle of it all. Last but not least, there is the University of Virginia - renowned for its Rotunda, School of Medicine, School of Law, and the Darden Graduate School of Business Administration, not to mention its Cavaliers sports teams.
After a full day exploring the area you can come back to Foxfield Inn and relax in one of our five gracious guestrooms. Each of the rooms offers a rejuvenating calmness. For your romantic getaway, stay in one of our deluxe rooms which have a fireplace and two-person Jacuzzi tub. Enjoy a glass of wine or mug of local beer while relaxing on the patio overlooking the fishpond and park-like backyard or in the outdoor hot tub while gazing at the stars. You might want to take a stroll down the country lane next to the Inn, which meanders past pastures, wooded fields, and ponds. Be sure to keep an eye out for deer and birds in the fields.
Come join us at Foxfield Inn for rejuvenation with grace and casual elegance.
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Wine/Spirits available
Food & Wine
We love breakfast here at Foxfield Inn. We believe that starting your day with something special starts the day off right.
Start the morning off with coffee specially prepared by Dan. Coffee, a wide assortment of teas and hot chocolate are available beginning at 6:30 am (of course we do not expect you to get up at that time just for a cup of freshly brewed coffee).
Then settle in the dining room for a three course breakfast starting with fruit and bakery items, then on to a hot entree (sweet one day, savory the next) and finish up with a sweet ending.
If you would like an alternative to what is on our menu for the day, we always offer herb-scrambled eggs, cold cereal, apple & spice oatmeal or yogurt & granola.
We prepare our menus to meet your food preferences - whether you want a hearty breakfast with meat, gluten-free or, if you prefer, vegan or vegetarian fare. We cater to all. We make our breakfast foods with and without dairy products, eggs or gluten to meet your preferred food choices or requirements.
We try to source as many of our fresh ingredients locally as possible. For instance, our eggs are from free range chickens pastured on a farm just across the street from us. Timbercreek Farm provides healthy organic products raised in a way that promotes responsible agriculture and ecological stewardship. As the saying goes "Happy chickens lay tasty eggs." The pork we use in making our breakfast sausage is from the same farm. The pigs even get to roam free through the woods eating acorns in the fall. The herbs we use are grown in our own small garden and as many vegetables as possible are purchased from other local farmers.
Breakfast is served to you in our Sunroom each day from 8:30-9:30 Monday - Saturday and from 9:00-10:00 on Sunday. If you need an earlier breakfast we offer a continental breakfast or breakfast to-go. Beautifully prepared and presented, our breakfasts and coffees are our gifts to you.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables, Communal, Flexible Times
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Beverages, Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Snacks, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea, Evening Cocktails, Complimentary Evening Hors d'oeuvres, Complimentary Warm Cookies before bed, Picnics Available
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
Rooms & Suites
Foxfield Inn includes five distinctive guestrooms for your lodging accommodations. Each guest room has a unique decor - including garden, bird and hunt country themes. There are four deluxe rooms with remote control gas fireplaces, relaxing double Jacuzzi whirlpool tubs and walk-in showers. Our fifth room has a traditional shower/tub combination.
All rooms have private baths and handcrafted queen-size beds built by a local craftsman, hair dryers, and irons. All bed chambers and common rooms are on one floor and offer complete privacy. Foxfield Inn is surrounded by park-like grounds that are viewed from every room.
- Accommodations: Efficiency, Suites
- # Rooms: 5
- Beds: Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Bathrobes, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Refrigerators, Whirlpool or Jacuzzi, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards, Microwaves
- Entertainment: iPod Docking Stations, Music Library, Video Library
- Safes: Front Desk
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: No
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, GLBT Friendly, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, Limited Spa Services, Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station, Concierge Services, Wine/Spirits available
- Location Type: Rural, Mountains
- Minimum Stay Required: Weekends
- Pet Friendly: No
- Smoking Policy: Outside Only
- Family Friendly: Over 12
Weddings & Events
If you are looking for an intimate location to elope or renew your vows consider Foxfield Inn for your selection. We have special packages for each event and will help tailor them to fit your needs. Give us a call to discuss arrangements - 434-923-8892.
- Events Supported: Elopement
- Wedding Services & Amenities: Wedding Planner, Florist, Photographer
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
Looking for a different place to have a small meeting or planning session? Our dining room can be converted into a conference room for 10 people. We have breakrooms available in the Sun Room or the Gathering Room. Let us arrange for your catered lunch so that all you have to focus on is your agenda. We will even arrange a private wine tasting at a local winery at the end of your day.
- Business Travel & Events Max Capacity: 10
- Total Meeting Rooms: 3
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor
- Meeting Types: Business Meeting