When we changed careers from Delivery Nurse and CT tech to innkeepers our goal was to allow guests to feel loved and cared for. Loving our guests has been incredibly easy as we have been blessed with very special people arriving at our door. We have more often felt we were on the receiving end of the love, and for that we are truly grateful. The laughter that has poured out of the dining room each morning and the living room each afternoon has been the fulfillment of the dream and the best part of innkeeping. Decorating and baking have long been two of our passions, and we were anxious to update the inn to our white-on-white, minimalist-meets-antique-dealer, french-country-meets-industrial decorating style. It has been so much fun to reveal the wide plank pumpkin pine flooring and the inherent charm of the inn. Our guests provide the color. Having an audience for our baking has been a real pleasure. I want guests to smell our bacon and scones when they wake and enjoy homebaked cookies or brownies before bed.
Hopefully the joy we find in greeting and caring for guests sets us apart. We also are pretty proud of our location and all it has to offer. One mile from downtown Stockbridge and nestled between Lenox and Great Barrington, guests have many incredible options for dining and entertainment. I once read 'there are shades of green to a New England spring that don't exist anywhere else' and this sums up spring in the Berkshires. Autumn...well there are no words. The beauty of the area can be seen on every side road and around every bend...or stay in the inn and take it all in from our windows.
We love our guests. We love the Berkshires. Come fall in love at the Federal House Inn.
Breakfast is served anytime you like. No cancellation penalties. Check in is 3pm, and checkout is 11am. We are happy to make allowances whenever possible. Guest refrigerator is stocked and conveniently located. Tesla charging station 3 miles from inn. Our goal is to make policies as guest friendly as possible.
- Inkeepers Pets: Inside
- Pet Friendly: Limited
- Smoking Policy: Outside Only
- Family Friendly: Yes, Over 6
Food & Wine
With original 1824 wide plank pumpkin pine flooring and fireplace, our dining room is a cozy place to start the day. Our tables have natural linen tablecloths and napkins, with large windows overlooking the grounds and mountain behind the inn. The antique 9 ft schoolhouse table holds fresh fruit and homemade granola while the 3 course breakfast is served to your table. Breakfast is anytime you want it and is served with love (and scones).
- Meals Offered: Breakfast
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables, Communal, Flexible Times
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Beverages, Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Snacks, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea, Evening Cocktails, Complimentary Evening Hors d'oeuvres, Complimentary Warm Cookies before bed, Picnics Available, Room Service
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: No
- Pub/Tavern on Premises: No
Rooms & Suites
Each room is decorated individually, but all are uncluttered with a neutral color scheme--white, soft gray, or taupe. Antiques garnered from many years as antique dealers add interest to the rooms. We pride ourselves on our comfortable beds with Comphy sheets and pine cone hill spreads and pillows. Dash and Albert Rugs adorn the wood floors in all rooms. Antique white mirrors are a staple throughout the inn. Climate control units (along with fireplaces) keep rooms at your comfort level.
- Accommodations: Suites
- # Rooms: 9
- Beds: Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Featherbeds, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Private Entrance, Rollaway Available, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards, Laundry Facility
- Entertainment: Cable TV , CD Players, DVD/Blu-Ray Players, iPod Docking Stations, Music Library, Video Library
- Safes: Front Desk
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
We will do everything in our power to accomadate guest service requests.
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, GLBT Friendly, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, Wine/Spirits available, Concierge Services
- Location Type: Mountains, Small Town/Village
Weddings & Events
We are available for small weddings (to ensure guest comfort 45 max guests recommended for indoor wedding).
Large living room with fireplace is the perfect setting for indoor wedding. Grounds allow for more guests with outdoor weddings. Chairs with white covers available.
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 20-49
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Ceremony, Receptions, Rehearsal Dinner, Bridal Luncheon, Elopement
- Wedding Services & Amenities: Caterer, Decorator
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
Large dining room and living room with lunch available for up to 20.
- Banquet Seating: Sit down dinner in dining room for 20 guests
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor
- Meeting Types: Business Meeting, Retreats, Social