Our 36 thoughtfully appointed rooms have been restored to reflect the quality of yesteryear with luxuries of today, including private baths, some with spa tubs and private enclosed balconies and an outdoor pool just steps from the Atlantic Ocean. Relax in a rocking chair on the porch overlooking the ocean.
With expansive ocean-view windows and the hotel’s stunning signature staircase, our living room is the perfect place to sip tea, read a novel, or enjoy cocktails or casual meals. Our renovated and rejuvenated restaurant features live music, a selective wine list, and delectable dishes.
Select Registry member since 1973
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Pool, Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Wine/Spirits available
Food & Wine
Join us at the Emerson Inn By The Sea for an elegant dinning experience and an award winning wine list. Days and hours of dinner service vary by season. Advance dinner reservations are recommended.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast, Dinner
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables, Flexible Times
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine, Spirits
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
Rooms & Suites
Our 36 well-appointed guestrooms offer Rockport, MA lodging that exudes the charm and nostalgia of the past as well as provide the amenities and conveniences of today... such as wireless Internet, television, telephone, air conditioning and, of course, private bathrooms. In our guestrooms, you will be able to go back in time, sit back and relax before a dip in our heated outdoor swimming pool, or before a delicious dinner in our award-winning restaurant. An inviting alternative to Gloucester, MA hotels, our Rockport accommodations feature an eclectic range of rooms that can fit everyone's needs from families to single travelers. For those special occasions, we also have rooms with enclosed balconies and spa tubs. Our two-bedroom suites, offer two separate sleeping areas which are ideal for families. Our oceanfront rooms offer fantastic ocean views and are the perfect spot to watch the sunrise over the Atlantic.
- Accommodations: Cottages, Suites
- # Rooms: 36
- Beds: Twin, Double, Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Fireplaces, Full Kitchen, Hair dryers, Private Deck, Private Entrance, Refrigerators, Rollaway Available, Telephones, Whirlpool or Jacuzzi, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards
- Entertainment: Cable TV
- Safes: Front Desk
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite
- Inn Amenities: Pool, Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Business Center, GLBT Friendly, National Historic Registry, Wine/Spirits available
- Location Type: Coastal
- Minimum Stay Required: Weekends, Holidays
- Pet Friendly: No
- Smoking Policy: Outside Only
- Family Friendly: Yes
Weddings & Events
"Our stunning ocean-front setting offers picturesque and panoramic sea views for Massachusetts weddings and receptions. In the colder months (and in inclement weather) our grand parlor offers lovely historical surroundings with elegant furnishings. Throughout the year, the main floor and ocean-side grounds can be rented for ceremonies.
Lovely banquet rooms can accommodate a seaside wedding reception of 150 guests. Wedding menus vary from lavish to informal, and food can be customized to meet the needs and wedding themes of the bride and groom.
Our award-winning culinary staff and professional wedding coordinators attend to the small details, so you can relax and enjoy your wedding by the ocean. And, we offer exceptional wedding packages to help with your planning and budgeting. You will find our inn to be the perfect location for ocean wedding destinations. "
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 100-199
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Ceremony, Receptions, Rehearsal Dinner, Bridal Luncheon
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
Menus for banquets, private parties, and conference set-ups, at this Massachusetts conference facility, are varied from lavish to informal, and food can be customized to meet the needs and themes of groups. In 2005, Emerson Inn was awarded the first liquor license in Rockport since 1933, and an extensive wine list along with popular spirits are now available, as well.
When planning your next Rockport executive retreat or Cape Ann meeting enjoy our 21st century capabilities mixed with the charm and ambiance of the 18th century. We offer:
- A spectacular ocean-view conference and banquet room accommodating up to 75 attendees
- Break-out conference rooms accommodating 26 - 75 attendees
- State of the art audio visual equipment
- High-speed wireless and wired Internet
- All-day Meeting Packages
- Free motor coach parking
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
- Meeting Amenities: Dedicated Conference Center, Onsite Catering
- Meeting Types: Business Meeting, Retreats, Social