If you are looking for relaxation, comfort, and ease, Dunbar House in California offers casual elegance and secluded privacy. Strolling through our peaceful, century-old rose garden will bring you back to a time when couples enjoyed life's simple pleasures together. Enjoy sitting on our wrap-around porch watching the world go by, lie in the hammock in the garden reading a good book, or sit on a bench next the fountain observing our little feathered bird friends. Come to Dunbar House and experience the luxury and charm!
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Wine/Spirits available
Food & Wine
Our unique country kitchen is reminiscent of cooking in “Grandma’s kitchen” but with a few updated conveniences. Our guests enjoy waking up to the wonderful aromas wafting from our kitchen. An unforgettable breakfast is served each morning with fresh baked goods from the Inn’s kitchen, fresh fruit, a main entrée and juice. Our breakfasts are always cooked with love and served with pride.
You may enjoy your gourmet breakfast in our dining room in the company of other guests, or in our beautiful century-old garden. Cedar and Sequoia suites offer an intimate, romantic breakfast in the privacy of your own room, or on your own secluded patio.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Communal
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
Rooms & Suites
Our AAA 4-Diamond B&B has 5 cozy rooms with beds that are so comfortable that they've been called "Angel Beds!" Dunbar House, 1880 is fully air-conditioned, has central heating, private baths, Direct TV, and wireless internet access. A Norwegian fireplace in each room provides additional warmth and ambiance. Surround yourself in bubbles in a beautiful claw foot tub, or immerse yourself in a two-person Jacuzzi available in Cedar & Sequoia rooms. Relax upon luxurious Egyptian cotton bed linens. Snuggle up with cozy down comforters and pillows. Feel a toasty warmth envelop you, as you wrap yourself in an oversized Egyptian towel, fresh off the English towel warmer. Curl up in a soft terry lined robe and slippers, and enjoy a fresh baked cookie with a cup of tea, coffee or hot cocoa. We invite you to choose a DVD from our video library in the parlor to watch on the TV/DVD in your room; or just enjoy soothing music on your radio CD player. Each room has a make-up mirror, hair dryer, iron, ironing board and herbal toiletries.
5 Rooms. Sunday - Thursday $190 - $265 Friday & Saturday $210 - $295 Rates do not include tax.
- Accommodations: Suites
- # Rooms: 5
- Beds: Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Private Deck, Refrigerators, Telephones, Whirlpool or Jacuzzi, Alarm Clocks, Turndown Service
- Entertainment: iPod Docking Stations, Video Library
- Safes: In-Room, Front Desk
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, GLBT Friendly, Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station, Gardens on Property, Wine/Spirits available
- Location Type: Mountains, Small Town/Village
- Pet Friendly: No
- Smoking Policy: Outside Only