As Vermont's oldest continually operating inn, we pride ourselves on offering travelers gracious lodging, gourmet dining, fine wines and great spirits! Travelers who we've had the pleasure of hosting enjoy our welcoming atmosphere and exceptional cooking.
No matter when you plan your stay, there's something to do all year long in Vermont! Imagine spending the day downhill skiing at Bromley and Stratton during the winter months. Or shop Manchester’s designer outlets and attend summer stock theater at our own Dorset Playhouse! In the fall, enjoy Vermont’s unparalleled foliage season. From the quiet getaway to the outdoor adventure vacation…All of this and more are within minutes of the Dorset Inn.
Select Registry member since 2016
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Wine/Spirits available
- Minimum Stay Required: Weekends, Holidays
- Pet Friendly: Yes
- Smoking Policy: Outside Only
- Family Friendly: Yes
Food & Wine
From homemade corn beef hash to fruit-filled flapjack pancakes and chef's fresh, crunchy granola… What better way to start your day than a warm, hearty Dorset Inn breakfast! We offer a la carte service every day to guests of the inn and visitors in our cheerful garden room or the inviting, red dining room.
Enjoy an unhurried and relaxing lunch at the Dorset Inn Saturday and Sunday or dinner any night. Reservations are recommended. As proud members of the Vermont Fresh Network, we support as many local farms and businesses as possible. Come enjoy our uncomplicated, bistro-style cuisine that combines classic culinary techniques and traditions with regional influences and fresh ingredients!
- Meals Offered: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables, Set Times
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine, Spirits
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: Open to the public
- Pub/Tavern on Premises: Open to the public
Rooms & Suites
Welcoming travelers for more than 220 years, our guest rooms exude years of character paired with a certain warmth and charm. With a taste for the old combined with today’s necessary amenities, the Inn's 25 individually decorated guest rooms sparkle with new color.
Enjoy the gentle sophistication of colorful paisleys, robust tartans and rich florals against the backdrop of a quintessential Vermont village!
- Accommodations: Suites, Adjoining rooms/suites
- # Rooms: 25
- Beds: Twin, Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Bathrobes, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Refrigerators, Rollaway Available, Telephones, Whirlpool or Jacuzzi, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards
- Entertainment: Cable TV
- Safes: Front Desk
- Handicap Accessible: Full ADA
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, Restaurant on Site, Pub/tavern on Site, National Historic Registry, Wine/Spirits available
- Location Type: Rural, Mountains, Small Town/Village
Weddings & Events
We offer a unique wedding venue for your special day! Our quaint village is only 6 miles from Manchester and our small resort sits on six acres of manicured grounds. Whether you'd like an intimate or lavish celebration, choose from our variety of warm and inviting venue options like tented terraces, lush gardens, historic dining rooms, cozy tap rooms, and white gazebos!
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Ceremony, Receptions, Rehearsal Dinner, Bridal Luncheon, Elopement
- Wedding Services & Amenities: Caterer
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor