Owner: Ron Stamey
Innkeeper: Margo Crouse
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places; the Doctor's Inn Virginia has achieved a Tripadvisor rating of 5 stars by its guests and therefore has been awarded a Certificate of Excellence for the Year of 2011. The Colonial Revival style house is located in a small city of Galax, Va., and just 10 miles from I-77. We are within walking distance from downtown,the Rex Theatre, Chestnut Creek School of the Arts, the New River Trail and Felts Park and only 7 miles from the beautiful Blue Ridge Parkway. Enjoy our elegant simple pleasures: Egyptian cotton linens, luxurious robes, widescreen TV, wireless Internet access, air conditioning, ceiling fans, queen and full rooms with cashmere blankets, full breakfast served on fine china and linens. Interesting artifacts from around the world mix with elegance from the past, A "Waiting Room" with books and periodicals, a "Recovery Room" with various games, a "Doctor's Lounge" with hot and cold beverages and snacks for the midnight munchies, and yard games such as badminton and croquet. Our inviting warm hospitality, gourmet breakfasts and relaxing wrap around front porch, brings are guests back for more. One visit at the inn and you will appreciate the "Elegant Simplicity Prescribed by the Doctor".
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Wine/Spirits available
Food & Wine
Fantastic breakfasts, elegant place settings and beautiful surroundings make your mornings withe The Doctor simply divine!
- Meals Offered: Breakfast
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Communal
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
Rooms & Suites
Be Our Guest! Our room rates $139 to $149. Our rooms are comfortable and elegantly appointed. Room amenities include:Swim Spa for your enjoyment,.Each room provides: Egyptian Cotton Linens, Luxurious Robes, Widescreen LCD Television, Wireless Internet Access, Ceiling fans,Queen and full rooms have cashmere blankets
- Accommodations: Efficiency, Suites
- # Rooms: 6
- Beds: Twin, Double, Queen
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Hair dryers, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards
- Entertainment: iPod Docking Stations
- Safes: In-Room, Front Desk
- Internet Services: Wireless
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, National Historic Registry, Wine/Spirits available
- Location Type: Rural, Mountains, Small Town/Village
- Inkeepers Pets: Outside Only
- Pet Friendly: No
- Smoking Policy: Outside Only
Weddings & Events
From an intimate reception to a lovely ceremony in the gardens or our elegant home, we care about the memories you are making as you say "I do!" Call us for an appointment so we can discuss your needs. Our home is a beautiful backdrop to the blushing bride, from the Blue Ridge Mountains to the historical architecture.
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
The Doctor's Inn is the perfect spot for your business getaway. Bring the team in for a weekend Think Tank retreat. We'll take care of the small stuff so you don't have to. We have a large dining room with plenty of space to spread out the laptops, and WIFi to serve you all. We also have cozier lounge areas if you prefer a more laid back approach!
- Meeting Types: Retreats